Without a doubt, this hotel made every effort to make our stay enjoyable. The rooms were large and clean, with an excellent maid service where the girls cleaned the room and changed the towels daily. The mini bar was restocked every other day with 1 bottled water, 3 different soft drinks and a small can of beer. The only criticism was that the shower was more often than not cold water only and no water pressure, Oh and the pillows were the worst I've ever had!
The food was good, if a little repetitive but fries were only available in small quantities on the kids counter (where it was quickly snapped up by the adults). The dining room staff were attentive and plentiful. (A particular favourite of mine was the omelette chef who was excellent). The gardens and pools were all well manicured and cleaned throughout the day.
On a critical note the "quiet" pool became a kids pool most days. Some of them were often unsupervised and very loud. The main problem was a VERY LARGE influx of Canadian, 17 year old S Trip, high school graduates and spring breakers. Although efforts were made to keep them to one main pool area and not allow them to drink, neither were particularly successful. During most evenings their presence, en masse in the large reception area, could only be described as noisy and intimidating. As this resort is quite remote, it was difficult to get away from them. In the A la Carte restaurants they could often be seen drinking alcohol. Had our Tour Company (Thomsons) informed us that this was going to be the case, we would definately NOT have booked this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 4 pools BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, mini golf, football pitch... Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (24 hour free per day/device) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo Main restaurant and 3 specialty restaurants 6 bars Playa Grande Golf Course just 40 minutes from the hotel Convention / Meeting centre Pueblo Principe: shows, live music, bars, stores, karaoke, casino and disco Rooms 608 rooms including 2 types: Suite & Standard The Standard rooms are equipped with: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom: Bathtub plus shower, wash basin, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ceiling fan Safe (additional charge) Mini-bar (Restocked daily) Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Flat screen TV Coffee set WiFi (additional charge) The Suite rooms have the same equipment as the Standard rooms but also include: Ironing set Sitting area with sofa Pool towel available in room Bathrobe and slippers Evening turn-down service International newspapers Terrace or balcony Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service for children aged up to 12 (additional charge) Other Services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BP USA TRAVEL INC, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Juan Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe Puerto Plata
- Bahia Principe San Juan Puerto Plata
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe San Juan Dominican Republic
- Dominican Republic Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe San Juan Resort
- Bahia Principe Sj
- Puerto Plata Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Resort San Juan