My 17 yo daughter and I spent a week in this resort (Dec 26-Jan 3) and we had a lot of fun and we felt very safe at all times even at 2 am. I do not understand the bad comments about the staff since everybody were very pleasant, friendly and helpful. Thanks to Alex and the rest of the troop for the water aerobics and expecially the funny shows in the evening.
It is not a luxury resort so people should keep this in mind if they have unrealistic expectations.
The food was varied, some dishes were the same every day, clearly to satisfy everybody's taste. There were plenty of things to choose from. If someone could not eat or find what to eat at the buffet, I'd say this person is a very, very picky eater. When you came back from the disco in teh wee hours there was food warm food to eat.
I'd like to remind people DR is a developing country where their source of income is mainly if not solely based on turism. I found hard to believe the hotel staff attacking and sexually assaulting customers when getting a job and keeping it is so difficult in DR.
There was only one thing I didn't like at this location, the sandflies on the beach after 4pm. Some people were not affected but we were, we must be very sweet! Otherwise, we had a great time and we want to come back because the staff just wanted us to enjoy our holidays!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 4 pools BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, mini golf, football pitch... Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (1 hour free per day/device) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo Main restaurant and 3 specialty restaurants 6 bars Playa Grande Golf Course just 40 minutes from the hotel Convention / Meeting centre Pueblo Principe: shows, live music, bars, stores, karaoke, casino and disco Rooms 608 rooms including 2 types: Suite & Standard The Standard rooms are equipped with: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom: Bathtub plus shower, wash basin, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ceiling fan Safe (additional charge) Mini-bar (Restocked daily) Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Flat screen TV Coffee set WiFi (additional charge) The Suite rooms have the same equipment as the Standard rooms but also include: Ironing set Sitting area with sofa Pool towel available in room Bathrobe and slippers Evening turn-down service International newspapers Terrace or balcony Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service for children aged up to 12 (additional charge) Other Services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, BP USA TRAVEL INC, BookIt.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Juan Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe Puerto Plata
- Bahia Principe San Juan Puerto Plata
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe San Juan Dominican Republic
- Dominican Republic Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe San Juan Resort
- Bahia Principe Sj
- Puerto Plata Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Resort San Juan