We had a few problems upon arrival with the key to our room and safety deposit box. After a couple of hours we finally got a new room but the air conditioning didn't work properly. By this time we were so exhausted in trying to speak english with the people at the front desk that we just put the request in to have it fixed and finally, after 3 1/2 hours upon arrival, went to the pool. Two days later we had the air conditioning fixed and by the last day, received our complimentary champagne that was promised to us upon arrival. Language barrier indeed.
Overall, the food was great...the entertainment was great and other than people putting towels on chairs to hold them for the next day and not showing up until 5:00 pm so there would be no chairs at 7:00 a.m., the resort was good and clean. The water at the beach was murky though, so didnt swim in it. The excursions were fantastic!!! Catamaran and Scuba Aquatic. We were able to snorkel at a private beach with the crew at Scuba Aquatic, Kao, Domingo, Coco and Clara, and have lunch at a local restaurant right in the village. We met many people on the catamaran and it was a full day of fun sailing!!!
I wouldnt recommend bringing small children to this resort unless you plan on staying away from the main pool area. There were alot of young adults and we all know how crazy they can be especially when alcohol is involved. I had to witness some abusive vulgar language being used right in front of an 8 year old....not good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 4 pools BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, mini golf, football pitch... Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (24 hour free per day/device) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo Main restaurant and 3 specialty restaurants 6 bars Playa Grande Golf Course just 40 minutes from the hotel Convention / Meeting centre Pueblo Principe: shows, live music, bars, stores, karaoke, casino and disco Rooms 608 rooms including 2 types: Suite & Standard The Standard rooms are equipped with: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom: Bathtub plus shower, wash basin, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ceiling fan Safe (additional charge) Mini-bar (Restocked daily) Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Flat screen TV Coffee set WiFi (additional charge) The Suite rooms have the same equipment as the Standard rooms but also include: Ironing set Sitting area with sofa Pool towel available in room Bathrobe and slippers Evening turn-down service International newspapers Terrace or balcony Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service for children aged up to 12 (additional charge) Other Services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Juan Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe Puerto Plata
- Bahia Principe San Juan Puerto Plata
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe San Juan Dominican Republic
- Dominican Republic Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe San Juan Resort
- Bahia Principe Sj
- Puerto Plata Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Resort San Juan