Just back from a trip to Dominican San Juan. I purchased a last minute deal so never had any expectations except for much needed relaxation.
I feel I need to explain my ratings
1) rooms....although clean I think they need upgrades.....bathroom needs new sicks, bathtubs and toilets. Warm climate and having to put your toilet paper in the garbage was a little gross.
2) food....not great
3) staff...top notch, friendly and always eager to help.
Not knowing when we booked it was Labour Weekend in DR...the resort was overly crowded for a few days with locals. Line up for food took up to an hour one evening....finally I have up and went to bed. That is my biggest disappointment. With the Locals on the resort the pools were not accessible to relax in and being from Canada I was in the minority for the language that weekend. (750 local residents stayed)
Careful of the vendors on the beach...the are persistent and sometimes annoying.
Would I stay again? Yes just not on Labour Day Wknd.
I am back three days...been sick with nauaea since I returned....hoping it is a coincidence and not what I ate there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 4 pools BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, mini golf, football pitch... Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (24 hour free per day/device) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo Main restaurant and 3 specialty restaurants 6 bars Playa Grande Golf Course just 40 minutes from the hotel Convention / Meeting centre Pueblo Principe: shows, live music, bars, stores, karaoke, casino and disco Rooms 608 rooms including 2 types: Suite & Standard The Standard rooms are equipped with: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom: Bathtub plus shower, wash basin, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ceiling fan Safe (additional charge) Mini-bar (Restocked daily) Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Flat screen TV Coffee set WiFi (additional charge) The Suite rooms have the same equipment as the Standard rooms but also include: Ironing set Sitting area with sofa Pool towel available in room Bathrobe and slippers Evening turn-down service International newspapers Terrace or balcony Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service for children aged up to 12 (additional charge) Other Services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BP USA TRAVEL INC, Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Booking.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Juan Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe Puerto Plata
- Bahia Principe San Juan Puerto Plata
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe San Juan Dominican Republic
- Dominican Republic Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe San Juan Resort
- Bahia Principe Sj
- Puerto Plata Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Resort San Juan