I traveled to Bahia Principe in January 2012 for a week. It has been almost a year since I went so my memory isn't as vivid so my review will be shorter but this time I can also comment in comparison with my recent trip in Cuba.
The biggest difference was the food! Bahia Principe had a very large buffet which offered a great variety of food, no complaints there! There are a few a la cartes you can attend which were alright. Naturally not as much of a choice of food but the food was prepared with better care then the buffet. Besides that, you always had a snack bar, throughout the day that you could snack on if you were hungry which was handy.
I found that everyone working there was super nice, as they usually are in all inclusive resorts! The entertainers were a lot of fun to have around as well, they were always getting activities going around the pool!
The only downside was the beach, it wasn't very nice at all as im sure you can notice through some of the pictures uploaded. The beach is NOT what you come to this resort for!
There are some really interesting excursions offered by the hotel that vary on your taste preference. We took an excursion by bus which was great, we got to see of the country, we went up in the mountain and saw a little kids school, they took us to a superb beach that had no one on it but ourselves, and we had some pit stops to get a drink of some of there better quality rum!
I thought the hotel looked really nice, the lobby was a great hangout spot. The rooms were pretty nice, nothing to complain about there either.
And at night you had a bar that was open right next to a night club that also included a bar inside with music and lights which was pretty cool, something that groups of friends would definitely enjoy! I would have no set backs on going to this resort again, with family or just friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 4 pools BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, mini golf, football pitch... Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (24 hour free per day/device) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo Main restaurant and 3 specialty restaurants 6 bars Playa Grande Golf Course just 40 minutes from the hotel Convention / Meeting centre Pueblo Principe: shows, live music, bars, stores, karaoke, casino and disco Rooms 608 rooms including 2 types: Suite & Standard The Standard rooms are equipped with: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom: Bathtub plus shower, wash basin, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ceiling fan Safe (additional charge) Mini-bar (Restocked daily) Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Flat screen TV Coffee set WiFi (additional charge) The Suite rooms have the same equipment as the Standard rooms but also include: Ironing set Sitting area with sofa Pool towel available in room Bathrobe and slippers Evening turn-down service International newspapers Terrace or balcony Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service for children aged up to 12 (additional charge) Other Services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, BP USA TRAVEL INC, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Juan Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe Puerto Plata
- Bahia Principe San Juan Puerto Plata
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe San Juan Dominican Republic
- Dominican Republic Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe San Juan Resort
- Bahia Principe Sj
- Puerto Plata Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Resort San Juan