my parents went in 2009 and loved it they said the service was great and that they would love to take us there so they saved up a little and in 2011 they took us. we arrived half an hour before check in and was welcomed with a pina colada/fruit punch. the fruit punch was fantastic and i had alot of it during my two week stay. the maids came and cleaned our room everyday also listened to our requests eg.. our room we was 14, 11 and 11 years old so we couldnt drink so we asked for extra coke and that for our mini fridge and they replaced the alcohol with coke!
we got a free upgrade upon arrival which meant we had a mini fridge and a private pool which was quiet and clean with a bar right next to it. the food was brilliant i loved the buffet as their was so much choice for food, also we went to all the la cartes restraunts, the italian stood out for me. the med restraunt was good but there was a funny smell.
the main pool did at times get very busy but very often you could always get sun beds and people wasnt really reserving them. the staff were fantastic and was always VERY lively and happy. all the bars staff were good too. i played table tennis with a few of them one being lizbeth she was really nice and helpful. the beach was great there was alot of sand flies and mozzies around biting you but dont let it put you off. The sea water was really clear with no litter what so ever! the snorkelling was alright there was alot of different types of fish just not many of them, there was alot of sea snakes but they seemed to ignore us, fish the fish with bananas they will take it from your hand :) the laguna safari is an absoloute must you go to a church for 10 or so minutes then a dominican house where you can have a cup of homegrown coffee, buy some of their merchandise, see their animals and learn about their fruits in the garden also walk through their house and see how they live and speak to the children who speak good english. you go to a club and learn about rum which is interesting you also do some meraunge dancing, then go to a nice beach but it is wavy but has a crystal clear lagoon which is calm with fish in there. then you go to a cave and swim in the freshwater cave which is so refreshing with it being so cold take a snorkell set cause there is things to see under the clear waters! then you take the scenic route home which is nice! also pay the extra money for ocean world it was brilliant there is so much to do but you have to book the ecounters and things before hand! we went through the hurricane irene i didnt wreck our holiday at all other than that the sea was red flagged and the staff went as happy as they were worried about home, family etc. but id recomend this hotel to anyone! should be five star not four!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 4 pools BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, mini golf, football pitch... Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (1 hour free per day/device) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo Main restaurant and 3 specialty restaurants 6 bars Playa Grande Golf Course just 40 minutes from the hotel Convention / Meeting centre Pueblo Principe: shows, live music, bars, stores, karaoke, casino and disco Rooms 608 rooms including 2 types: Suite & Standard The Standard rooms are equipped with: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom: Bathtub plus shower, wash basin, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ceiling fan Safe (additional charge) Mini-bar (Restocked daily) Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Flat screen TV Coffee set WiFi (additional charge) The Suite rooms have the same equipment as the Standard rooms but also include: Ironing set Sitting area with sofa Pool towel available in room Bathrobe and slippers Evening turn-down service International newspapers Terrace or balcony Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service for children aged up to 12 (additional charge) Other Services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Juan Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe Puerto Plata
- Bahia Principe San Juan Puerto Plata
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe San Juan Dominican Republic
- Dominican Republic Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe San Juan Resort
- Bahia Principe Sj
- Puerto Plata Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Resort San Juan