“Great Umbrian meal - will go back” 5 of 5 bubbles

Le Noci
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Grutti
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
San Francisco
“Great Umbrian meal - will go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

We ate here our first night in Umbria per a recommendation from the family that owns the villa we are renting.

It was a Tuesday night, so the restaurant was rather empty, therefore, we did not experience the slow service others have mentioned.

We just loved the intimate town and felt like we were in on the secret of a great, local place.

My Italian is average, but I get by. She told me the menu verbally in Italian and I was so worried I ordered Goat's head because I wasn't sure what I ended up ordering. Everything was absolutely delicious. My husband and I got two different pastas, entrees and contorni so that we could taste a variety of options. I'm still not sure of everything we had, but whatever it was, it was all good. The portions were generous, so much so, we had to pack a to go bag and we had no room for the delicious desserts. We saw another table order four desserts and we want to go back so we can try them too. We did make room for their home grown Passito.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank ViaggiatoreSF

Frankfurt, Germany
“Authentic local food and pleasant atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

Weve had lunch at Le Noci twice recently and we love this restaurant. We enjoyed the nice atmosphere in the external shadowed patio.
The restaurant is family run, staff is very kind, food is simple but excellent. Price to quality ratio is very good in my opinion (you can eat pasta, meat, wine, side dish and coffe for belopw 25 euros).
All ingredients look very fresh and plates made with love. If you are around do not miss this authentic umbrian food experience... buon appetito!

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank canziano
Near Todi, Umbria
“Good food, but you'll wait.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

Le Noce is celebrated in the locality for good Umbrian home-cooking and indeed you will eat well. The problem (trust me, we've eaten here for years) is that the service can be dire. The staff are well intentioned, but you will wait forever and see people who arrived after you served before you.
Best to eat on the attractive outside terrace, either on a summer evening or, better still, at lunch, when there are fewer people. Typically, you'll pay about €25/head, with wine.
To end on a positive note, do leave room for their exceptional panna cotta at the end of your meal. Perhaps more like a creme brulee (it seems to be thickened with egg and baked, rather than set with gelatine) it is divine!

• Visited June 2011