“A very relaxing and pleasant experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aphrodite Beach Resort

Aphrodite Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Kalafatis
Athens, Greece
“A very relaxing and pleasant experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

I traveled alone and I chose this hotel to spend time on the beach and try to relax for 5 days cause i have a lot of stress in my work.
The area was fantastic, the beach with very clear water – but cold for this season, and the tavern on the beach excellent! I had some beautiful walks around the hotel and by the beach, during the sunset.
The hotel had a very friendly staff, the girls at the reception very helpful and the small shop in the hotel had almost everything! I bought souvenirs for my friends at very reasonable price.
My room was fine, old but very clean, I wish they had room service but they did not, any way I had nice view to the pool and the sea. I had problems finding a taxi – but I used the public bus a couple of times (1,90 euro)and it was just fine. The bus does not go to the airport and you have to take a taxi or ask the hotel to arrange your transfer.
It was a very relaxing and pleasant experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Ioanna A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

If you Want to enjoy your stay in myconos Forget this hôtel !!!
Poor service , rooms very very noisy!!! Very expensive for the service you have, breakfast horrible, starting only at 8 am no possibility to have a coffee before, the pool is nice but due to the wind impossible to swin....
Internet access is really poor even in the lobby.
If you Want ton rent a car they invite you to search on internet the only agency they are working with is very expensive and for the rest help yourself!
They are mentionning a 4 stars hôtel Forget it ! Only 2 stars should be better.
The only positive point thé restaurant outside The hotel " thalassa" very Nice good service Well placed and people are nice and helpfull.
So for thé hôtel Forget it really of you Want to enjoy your stay in myconos and of you don t Want your stay to become a nightmare

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Kalafatis hotels

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

The one day that I didn't lock up my suitcase I came back to find things of mine missing. I was sharing a room with one friend and the only other people who had access to our room were the maids. I took everything out of my case and phoned my family in England to double check I hadn't left the items at home but, as my instinct told me, I hadn't. I went down to reception to explain the situation and the male receptionist was extremely rude to me. I was so upset that my friend demanded that we see the manager. This lady listened to me, unlike the receptionist, but was not very compassionate and pretty unhelpful altogether. The staff took no responsibility and made me feel awful. I am so disappointed and this situation definitely tainted my holiday. I wouldn't recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank sarah9009
Mazatlan, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I just spent 12 days at the Aphrodite and had a wonderful time. The staff went out of their way to ensure I was well taken care of. Everyday I was greeted with a smile and pleasant conversation.
Beautiful beach right across the road with a lovely taverna, Thalassa (the waiters will even deliver your lunch and beverages right to your sun bed).
The grounds are well maintained with lots of flowers and greenery(unusual because Mykonos is so rocky)
The bus schedule is posted at the front desk and it runs from 10:20 am to late in the evening-you have to figure out your timings accordingly. I had no issues getting back and forth to town. Taxis on the island are quite scare and it can be a long wait no matter where you are.
A good way to see the island is by quad and the front desk will arrange this( 35 euro for a 24 hrs)
There are two tavernas within walking distance Bandana (good pizza and pasta) and Aneplora. Service and food at both was good and well priced.I also tried Venezia in Little Venice and the fresh sea bass was yummy.
A big thanks to Agape and all the staff at Aphrodite for making my stay so enjoyable!

Room Tip: Get a room in the main building, all have been refurbished and have balconies/terrace
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Northamptonshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed one night and that was enough.
Overpriced and just not what I expected.
Tries to be ultra modern but fails or perhaps I'm too old for toga parties and really loud poolside music.
Rooms werent well appointed with old shower curtains, minimalist furniture and hard beds.
Beach next to hotel top notch.
Not good value.

• Stayed August 2013
Athens
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Great location. Situated in a quiet place, great sea view in some of the rooms, and a beautiful beach in front. Nice pool and bar. Breakfast below average, low quality matresses. Very helpful personnel. Value for money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

First impression: I called the hotel before leaving on vacation to ask what the best way to get there was from the port, since they advertise that they arrange transportation. They said they only picked up groups, not individual families and I should take a taxi from the port, and it only cost 15 Euros. When we arrive - no taxi will come that far first of all. Practically everyone else who got off the ferry was gone, when at last, 30 minutes after we get there, a taxi is willing to come, and he charges us 23 Euros, but by then, Im too tired to quibble, and not in a good mood. Checked in fine, but the room looks nothing like in the pictures. The floors look unclean - I think that might just be the look of the floor tiles, but whatever the reason, not good.
We then head to the pool bar to get some much needed food. And as some other reviwers mentioned, the place was not clean. there were flies around, so we made quick work of our lunch and left, but I saw our table remained uncleared for atleast an hour after we left!!!
They say Free Wi-Fi but that only works in the lobby. Not in the rooms.
Kalafatis beach itself was quite nice - good water sports and stuff, but you dont have to stay at this resort to enjoy the beach
Public Transportation to town is not frequent. After 5:20 in the evening, the next bus is at 8:20, and we only found out at 6. Its a half hour ride into town. So we ended up wasting a lot of time on what should have been a relaxing vacation!
When it was time to leave - apparently no taxi was available again. And the lady at the reception desk was able to find me a taxi at "premium" she said because they were a different car company and were doing her a favor. Would cost 35 Euros she said. Since I didnt have a choice, I said fine. The car that turned up was from the same company that took me there for 23 in the first place!!!
if you want to party - stay at Paradise Beach, if not - do yourself a favor and stay in Town and drive down to the beaches. Food in Mykonos town itself was below par, but we got some recommendations from the locals at the car rental place, and they were all good.
We were on a 6 city Europe vacation and this was the "worst experience ever" to quote a previous reviewer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank waltermelon76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalafatis
La Residence Mykonos Hotel Suites
Terra Maltese Natural Retreat
Yiannaki Hotel
Yiannaki Hotel
#1 of 21 in Ornos

Been to Aphrodite Beach Resort? Share your experiences!