“Peaceful and secluded hotel - great for relaxing.”

Aphrodite Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Kalafatis
“Peaceful and secluded hotel - great for relaxing.”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Hotel was absolutely beautiful! Very simple styling that was quite striking. We had a classic sea view room and it was very spacious for 2. I would definitley recommend going for the seaview and a high room number (400-520) as we were quite far from the bar and any noise coming from there so made our stay nice and peaceful.
The hotel is quite secluded though there is an infrequent bus service to Mykonos town. This hotel would be great for people just wanting to relax and not do much. There are about 5 nearby restaurants, including the hotel one, and all are very very good.

Room Tip: Sea view is a must!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Aphrodite Beach hotel ..... I and my group members will always cherish the memories of our stay.
Wonderful property in front of serene Kalafatis Beach. We stayed here for 3 nights and it couldn’t have been better choice in Mykonos.
Sea view rooms have grand view of Kalafatis beach. Pool and pool bar is very good.
I specially recommend this property because of its food , its people – Ms Agapi , Mr Dimitris who are always ready to make your holiday more memorable.
This property is very well maintained. WiFi is available in Lobby area. Kalafatis is not in Mykonos centre but Public Bus to Mykonos town is available till 22:20 hrs. Bus stand is just in front of the hotel. Even hotel has its own transfer arrangements ... if you are in a group ; you can always avail the service with minimum cost.
Hotel Reception can always call Taxi for you. Mykonos island has only 33 - 35 taxis so in season time it may take sometime to arrive. But Hotel staffs are always there to help you.

Room Tip: Sea View Rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BarunB
Athens, Greece
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our holidays in Mykonos were super! Such a nice experience with the whole island and people there!
We stayed at Aphrodite Beach hotel on a fantastic beach, and we had a warm hospitality! the hotel was quite old but we did not care,people where friendly and helpful and the ambiance was relaxing and worries free.
the only drawback, it was a little far from city and we had to take a taxi to go around.
But overall, we did like it and we recommend it for peaceful and relaxing holidays.

Room Tip: The rooms that overlook the sea are absolutely amazing..!!
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I booked a 3 days stay at this hotel with my boyfriend. We felt a great hospitality from the first moment we entered the gate and welcomed by the staff. Our room was a bit far from reception, 510 I think, but the view was astonishing from our balcony. We loved the breakfast – specially the “takos” with tomatoes and cheese and we put oil on top, it was yummy! – .

We spent most of our time on the beach – one of the best I have been, and we really enjoyed our meal at the beach tavern. (try the zucchini with yogurt, they are delicious)

In general, the feeling was great and we want to go back!!!!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I booked my trip 2 months before my arrival date and received a confirmation from this hotel that everything was good to go. 12 hours before my arrival (while I was already in transit to Mykonos), I got an email saying that the hotel is overbooked and I have been moved to another hotel in Mykonos 25 kms away from this hotel! I was supposed to be staying at this hotel with a group of friends for a graduation party so the transfer to another hotel completely destroyed my vacation. The staff was unapologetic and did not show any remorse for ruining my vacation. I was not alone. Nearly 30 other people were also uprooted and displaced to other hotels on the island which were not always of the same quality. Also, when I asked for a taxi to take me to the other hotel 25 kms away, I had to wait 2 hours because Aphrodite Hotel is on the far end of the island and no taxis wish to pick up customers from this hotel. When I asked about a rental car option, the hotel refused to provide a GPS - Mykonos' roads are not marked so it would be impossible to navigate without a GPS.

It was a horrible experience. I will never stay here again and would advise others to stay away. The service is just terrible.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank OnTheRoad155019

Travelers are raving about these Kalafatis hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had a great time here in Aphrodite hotel. we spent with my wife 3 relaxed days, unfortunately we leaving today!!! I would like to thank all the staff and i am sure coming again next time!!! Thank you everybody!!!

Room Tip: superior rooms are perfect
London
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel is a surprise! When we booked, we did not really know what to expect as it was a little far away from the city and we had our concerns. We stayed only three days, relaxed, on the beach -fantastic clear water-we even did some windsurf with Pezi, as the weather was windy and challenging!
The room was old but nice, clean and with fantastic view, reception staff helpful and very polite and we felt like home! We had a very good meal last night, at the beach tavern right in front of the hotel and we wish we knew it from the first day as nobody told us about it.
We are leaving tonight, but one thing is sure: we will definitely come again, they offered us a good deal for September and we are seriously considering it.
Good bye Aphrodite, we will be back!

Room Tip: ask for superior rooms on second row, 326 has a fantastic view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalafatis
Makis Place
#22 of 82 in Mykonos Town
Archipelagos
Archipelagos
#1 of 3 in Kalo Livadi

Been to Aphrodite Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!