“Best hotel on the island”

Liostasi Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Chora
Reviewed June 3, 2009

We went to Ios in late May, before all the party-going teens arrived when the water was still cold but the temperature was hot. We wish we'd stayed longer and been able to rent a car. We were picked up from the port promptly after walking to Acteon Travel, within minutes we were in the Liostasi van and at the hotel. We were early, so we had to wait for our room briefly and were shown around and given a fruit drink while we waited. There are very few restaurants to choose from, but really the hotel is the nicest place we saw on the island so just have dinner there, though it is a bit pricey and was equal to the cost of our room for the night - about 89 Euros for a light dinner with a bottle of wine. The atmosphere is relaxing and wonderful, though they let outsiders in for dinner and a group of 12 loud girls ate when we did. The room itself is spacious by Greek standards and has a HUGE deck with an ocean view, we got a Deluxe Panoramic room, with a small table and two chairs. Towels for the pool are provided, though they could use more sun loungers, especially those under shade because they get snatched up quickly. Breakfast was nice with a good assortment of foods and juices. The drinks at the hotel pool bar are ridiculously priced- 12 Euros and up, overpriced especially for Ios. Also, I let them know it was my husband's birthday but they did not acknowledge it with even a drink or "happy birthday". The staff is overall very friendly and helpful and it's a great place to relax if you can go when it's not too crowded. Even a nice place for a single person or friends to go to unwind. Not recommended for children, it's too peaceful and quiet. There is a free computer to use in the lobby. There are a few gyro type shops to eat at, Pleasure on the main road was very cheap and excellent for quick food, though everything else around seems to be trashy clubs catering towards college students. I would go in the shoulder season to avoid the massive crowds of partiers to fully enjoy Liostasi and Ios. In the high season I would imagine the plentiful tourists on motorcycles and scooters are even more dangerous and loud.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RWAJ08

Reviewed May 13, 2009

We went to Ios the 2nd week of May, still part of the low season though we had absolutely amazing weather. Upon arrival at the hotel, the hotel manager Panos greeted us with a smile. He suggested places that he would visit and recommended us to rent a car for 24 hours - spam over 2 days. It was a great idea as it gave us a chance to explore the island and stake out the places we want to be the next day. The hotel is a 10 minute short walk into the center of town which makes it a perfect location.

The lobby, and the view from the pool was just breathtaking. The hotel is also a spa so it has the classic spa feel which I love. I am pretty picky with hotels as I traveled all over the world and have stayed at many 5 star hotels. For that I am especially pleased with Liostasi especially for the value and its quality. I loved its attention to detailed architecture and decoration, which was elegant with simplicity and modern amenities.

The rooms were small but was compensated by the private balcony overlooking the beach with an amazing sunset. The entire staff at the hotel was pleasant and provided excellent service. They make their guests feel very special! I am looking forward to coming back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kcs1103
Reviewed January 4, 2009

Marvellous view, very friendly people, fantastic pool

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2008

Marina, Demitra and Staff were simply AMAZING. I highly recommend staying here if you visit IOS. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are well appointed with the exception of the small shower, I have no complaints at all. The pool and surronding areas are georgous and the spa is small but wonderful. Stella and Valentina are terrific. The bar and wait staff were the most amazing and attentive group of people. The on site restaurant was beautiful and the food was delicious. The Hotel is located 5 walking minites for Chora, which is where everything and anything can be found, including all the nightlife. IOS is definetly a party island, but everyone can find something to do. DONT do the bus ride to the beach, its a NIGHTMARE...There is a daily boat its quicker and basically the same price. ...I highly reccomend Liostasi to EVERYONE.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Liostasti for our honeymoon for 8 days in May. The service was out of this world. We have both traveled extensively and agree the service far surpassed anything we had previously experienced. The staff anticipated and accommodated our every need or want. While the rooms are on the small side by American standards, from a European stand point they are well appointed and very clean. Each room includes a balcony/patio view of the sea. Further, the pool, bar and restaurant area are fabulous. The food at the restaurant is some of the best on the island and dinner at the hotel will include a great view of the sunset. The hotel's location on the island is ideal, it is neither in town nor in the port but a comfortable walking distance via stone pathway to both. Ios is a perfect island if the purpose of your trip is relaxation as there is not an incredible amount to see on the island. However, for our honeymoon, I considered Ios the ideal location. If you are looking for a lot of sightseeing and tourist activities I would advise only a short stay on Ios.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2008

My girlfriend and I stayed on Ios in June, which is considered a little early for all the revelry and younger tourists who flock to the islands during the summer months. Personally, I thought it was a wonderful time to visit. While Ios was quiet enough during the day to relax and take in the beautiful views, the bars and dance clubs were busy enough to have fun in at night. Also, it is during this off season when the Liostasi is an amazing steal. At less than $100 a night you get a great Greek room with an amazing view, a pool that seems to flow into the bay, and a nice breakfast. When I booked the hotel at such a low price through their own website, I was quite skeptical of the beautiful pictures posted on their website. However, when I arrived the actual hotel met or surpassed its own portrayal. I could not have been happier.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank iamdonald
Reviewed October 3, 2007

This hotel is in a lovely location overlooking the port of Ios and it really makes the most of it, with a lovely lovely pool and immaculate rooms. It's not particularly expensive, so considering the quality of the rooms and their nice balconies, plus the great breakfasts and free transfers, it's amazing value for money. I've stayed here twice and the second time, it had been extended to include a spa. The staff are also really helpful. It's definitely the nicest place in Ios. The only quibble that I could have is with Ios itself - it's a great island, with lovely beaches, but it could do with a wider range of restaurants and more bars that don't target the tacky youth market.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Blink76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chora
1 mi away
#3 of 5 in Chora
Yialos Ios Hotel
Yialos Ios Hotel
#4 of 42 in Ios

Been to Liostasi Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!