“Worth a visit”
Review of The Grange Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ormesby St. Margaret
The Grange Hotel
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We visited The Grange and had drinks and a meal, the tap room is a novel idea and works well you get to try beers & ciders in small glasses so you can check whats available without falling over too soon, the meal, I had skate and it was superb, truly superb, my friends were equally impressed, my critisism would be that the garlic bread starer should have been more scorched and the cheese melted and I would have liked to see fried egg on the mixed grill my friend had, but I nit pick, the atmosphere is great, the staff friendly and knowledgeable, pay a visit I loved the place and I'm a fussy so and so,,,,,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Staff were dressed in jeans and t shirts- very casual and relaxed manor.
The tomatoe sauce was served not only in a bottle but from Lidl !!!
Yet the prices were charged as if it was from a normal shop.
Would not recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ANNIEWILKS100

Travelers are raving about these Ormesby St. Margaret hotels

Bedford
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We have been visiting Scratby for many years but have not tried the Grange as it was for residents only. I understand this changed when the latest Landlord took over in October. We did not try the food so this is a bar review only. We visited on a cold Easter and we were lucky to find a seat at the bar as it was so busy. It is a large place with a separate restaurant. We received a warm welcome from the bar staff and one of the girls took us to the separate tap room. I have never been to a tap room before and could not believe my eyes! A room filled with boxes of real ale and cider. I am a big fan of 'proper cider' so I was glad I did not have my car with me. A pint and a half for me and my husband came to £3.75. After the first round the landlord arrived and people we queueing at the tap room for a chat and a bit of banter. He was very knowledgable and we were able to try the ciders before buying. He was what I would call a 'proper landlord' We will definitely visit the Grange when we return to Scratby

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is a special place these days. It does a variety of real ales and ciders and has a tap room with many different beers and ciders. Real Ale £2.50 a pint and special offers such as buy one get one for a £1. Food is excellent, large portions and special offers as well. Has its own caravan site and excellent children s playground. Jonathon the Landlord is a brilliant mine host can thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Bedford
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We happened upon this venue while looking for something to eat after a day out in Norfolk. It felt like walking into someone's house and felt a little uninviting in the main entrance hall. We found the restaurant and were greeted by a pleasant bar lady. After looking at the menu, a young waitress came to our table and my husband asked what ale they served. He was given a reply of 'I don't know' as she stood looking at us!! We asked her to go and find out and she did. We ordered our meal and the food was really tasty, and there was plenty of it. I chose off the 'heads or tails' menu which I later found out meant that at e end of your meal a coin is tossed and you get your meal free if you call out the correct side of the coin! Result! We would recommend this as the food was lovely but redecoration may be beneficial.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TreBec
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is a Public House with a restaurent, combined.Six of us went for Sunday lunch on February 3RD. Food was good ,nice and hot and plenty of it,waitresses were lovely and helpful,nothing too much trouble for them.Landlord was about talking to customers a real character ,you definitely need that in a pub, it definitely draws you in .fantastic! and to top it all we each had the opportunity of rolling a dice to get a free meal,which was very appealing and even better that one of us got a freebie, will be returning very soon and spreading the word brilliant!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank shirley186342
Twyford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The food here, very much for the meat eater. Or the large portion seeker! Great value considered the huge portions and the steak and fish, great quality. It is what it is, a restaurant to a family hotel with attached capmsite.....but in this area provided by far the best meal options. My son never had dessert! In heard of!

Room Tip: I imagine u get what u pay for, the staff were helpful and I can only presumed u had a problem, they...