“Lovely, well maintained, clean accommodation in...”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Tide & Time

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 16 reviews

Reviews from our community

Colin C
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“Lovely, well maintained, clean accommodation in peaceful location.”
Reviewed October 29, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Great location, no properties on the opposite side of the river and this being the last property on this side makes it particularly quiet and private, once the boats have stopped. Had a great stay with my granddaughters visiting overnight enjoying the toys supplied, as well as waving at the passing boats and the 4 year old catching her first fish. The property is comfortable, exceptionally clean and well equipped, I can't think of anything lacking. The walk to the car is quite long but easily manageable. We hired a 'day' boat for the week and used it to ferry luggage. Fishing was good for the time of year, plenty of quality Roach and skimmers to about 2lb. Kingfisher seen twice and on the last fishing session an Otter surfaced 6ft from me! We had previously stayed in a similar property nearby and this one beat it hands down.

Date of stay: October 2017
graham c
“Heaven on the River”
Reviewed October 9, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

An absolutely outstanding cottage perfectly situated on the river Thurne ,great fishing and wildlife. the cottage has everything you could ever need and was immaculate throughout a credit to the owner & cleaner .We had a very relaxing 8 night stay in the best accomodation that i have stayed in on the Norfolk Broads this i have done every year for the past 18 so i know a few.Many thank for a wonderfull stay at Tide & Time Graham / Polly & Ben

Date of stay: October 2017
Oct 23, 2017
Hi Graham, thank you so much for your kind words. Great to know that we are providing a lovely place for our guests to enjoy, and yes Abbe does a fantastic job on keeping the place spick and span! Hope to welcome back to Tide & Time next year. All the best Cheryl
Corum
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Quite a Magical Place”
Reviewed October 2, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Not my usual hotel based review but liked the place so much after a few days I thought I’d post something to help inform anybody else considering staying here.
I suspect whatever you get out of this place will largely depend on your reasons for visiting and what you hope to find when you get here. For us it was to deal with my dad (and brother's ashes). My father was a keen Broads enthusiast who had visited the area many times and had both sailing vessels and powered cruisers. He would absolutely have loved this place, as we did at the end of our all too brief 3 day stay.

It was quite magical to sit out on the front decking in the morning with a cuppa and bacon and egg sarnie watching the boats go by. I went down with my sister and her partner who are both keen bird watchers and there was plenty of wildlife for them to observe as well, including a ghostly barn owl that could be observed gliding about on the opposite shore. I also enjoyed sitting out there in the evening as well with a glass of wine enjoying the absolute peace and quiet which was a very welcome change from my daily commute into Birmingham New Street station.

It is true that it's a bit of a trek from the car park to this property, it is on the end of a block of similar water front properties but the rewards at the end of it more than compensated in all our opinions. Everything is fitted out to a high standard and made for a comfortable and very enjoyable stay.

One final note we hired a boat for two days (Lady Jean from Martham Ferry Boatyard) and we were able to moor directly outside Tide and Time (mooring hoops in place on the decking). Used the boat to visit the broads we wanted to visit and even went for breakfast at Bridge Stones of Potter by boat one morning. Incidentally, just next to the café there’s quite a large shop called Lathams of Potter-Heigham where you can pick up just about any provisions you need, and if you have a nice little boat like we did you can put all the shopping in the boat and ferry it direct to the front door. Saves the trek from the car park with bags.

Oct 10, 2017
Thank you so much, for the lovely review. I am so glad that you found Tide & Time to be a suitable base for a very personal and important family occasion. I hope that we can welcome you another time. All the best Cheryl
Dick L
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great fishing!”
Reviewed September 26, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

We stayed in September. We were lucky with the weather but also lucky with the accommodation! I don't recall ever booking a property so well equipped. The walk is a pain when carrying bags but it is well worth it as it is so quiet. The fishing is really good - lots of bream, Roach, perch and even a Rudd and a pike! We will be going back.

Oct 10, 2017
Hi Dick, so glad the fishing and weather was good for you. Thank you for leaving a review. I hope we can welcome you back another time. Cheryl
Reviewed September 10, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Sep 11, 2017
Thank you for the comments we hope to welcome you back to Tide & Time. All the best. Cheryl
Przemysla...
“Holiday”
Reviewed September 2, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Amazing week for me and my family, quite and peaceful place for someone who looking run out form bussy city is perfect place to take rest and fishing totally recommended.
The place is fit almost with everything what you needed and lots place to see around.

Date of stay: August 2017
Sep 11, 2017
Thank you for the lovely comments, we hope you will visit again.
ralph u
“Wonderful comfortable stay, would love to repeat it all over again.”
Reviewed July 3, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Excellent in every respect apart from the long walk to and from the car park---part of the problem was our age which Cheryl could do nothing about !

Date of stay: June 2017
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
With millions of reviews and protected online payments, Tripadvisor helps travelers book your home with confidence.
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.