Kura Kura Resort
  • Breakfast included
D'Season Hotel(Karimun Jawa)
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
Clawdio Guest House(Karimun Jawa)
TripAdvisor
Hostel The Happinezz(Karimun Jawa)
CocoHuts Inn(Karimun Jawa)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspool villasemarang airportfishdiving centermain islanddiving instructorsmall planethe general managerrobinson islandsandy beachamazing snorkelingopen waterbeautiful reefsremote islandsmall islandspent daysprivate island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Kurakura is a beautiful resort in the secluded island. The island and the surrounding water was so clean.

I arrived at the resort a day before “Ied” (biggest holiday in Indonesia), and stayed for 5 nights. I was almost disappointed to find out that the resort could not guarantee the excursions I wanted during my stay due to limited operator during the holidays. But, thanks to Chris and Renato for their efforts to make my plan came true. I had beautiful times exploring the islands. Thanks to Katut too. My thanks to Roberta too who had offered me to join her guided snorkeling around the island, but my apology that I didn’t have a chance to join the group.

Before my travel to the resort, I was worry that I could not have good meal, but as other guests had expressed, the meals were so tasty. Either Indonesian food or Italian dishes, all were so delicious. Emi was so helpful suggesting the right dishes.

The only problems in the island was probably mosquitos, but the management had done their best with fogging every late afternoon. To me, it was better than the city I came from. Mosquitos is tropical countries problem, can not blame the resort.

Again, thanks to Chris, Renato, Roberta, Emi, Katut, and other staffs of Kurakura resort. I really enjoyed the holiday I planned for years. I would certainly come back.

Room Tip: Deluxe cottage is best. If need more privacy, consider villa.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hotelranger
TeamKKR, Direttore at Kura Kura Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dear HotelRanger,
Thank You so much for Your kind letter. I will surely forward Your THANKS to our staff. It was a pleasure for us to let You discover the beauty of the nature around Kura Kura and the archipelago! But there are still more things to see (maybe with less wind :-) ), so…..we are waiting for You.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Warm and friendly welcome of the 3 staffs at the dock when I got off the boat chartered was really soothing my heart during the hot day. They are all capable of spitting out a smile that makes my presence feel very respected and important in that place.

Kura-Kura resort! The resort which is located on the island of Menjawakan of 22 hectares, approximately 2.5 hours from Semarang has 20 family villas are equipped with their own pool and 15 beautiful cottages. The concept of the villas are actually very Indonesian. The buildings are dominated by wood which combined by light brown paint color for the walls and all of them created the shade atmosphere even though we were in a tropical island.

For me, it is an incredible opportunity that I may enjoy the atmosphere of Kura-Kura Resort which is beautiful and comfortable. One day on a private tropical island is a special experience and tremendous fun that is unexpected for me. If all things have a price, I think a price is right when you do vacation in this place. What does it mean when a nominal all paid off by this cozy place with excellent service? I know, I'm definitely going back here again, but not for one day. One week! I love Kura-Kura Resort!

For further information please kindly click on this link given: http://www.kurakuraresort.com/

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
TeamKKR, Direttore at Kura Kura Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear UwieJean,
You are right, one day day is a veeeery short stay! Next time You have to come to dive and enjoy our beaches for a longer time. We are waiting for You!!!!!

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for 3 days with family at the family pool villa. With no tv, no wi fi, and the 3G connection only available at the east beach, this place is a great escape from hectic life in the city. The view was breath taking, The service was perfect, and the food was lovely. I love everything in it. Definitely coming back :)

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Anisa S
TeamKKR, Direttore at Kura Kura Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Anisa S,
Thank You for Your kind words, until end of November we are here…waiting for You.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stayed 4 days and 4 nights for diving. Earned the P1 open water dive licence from its dive shop. CMAS one.
Pros:
- The atmosphere is fantastic. Recommended not just for diving, but the honeymoon too. So quite and relaxing. No night clubs, traffic jam. Just us and the nature.
- Great travel connectivity. 30 minutes fly with 8 seater Cessna from Semarang airport then 45 minutes by speedboat to the resort.
- Absolutely great service. The staff is so helping. Room service, restaurant, you name it.
- Great food. Different menus at different day. What can I say.
- Great diving experience. The instructors are awesome. Coming back for sure for another diving.
- Sunset, sunset and great sunset.
Cons:
- Lots and lots of mosquitoes. Don't be surprised. Being a remote island and most of it is jungle is the main reason. But we never running out of lotion and Baygon. It's always there for you. Not a big problem.
- Closed during off season (November to April) due to the weather.
- Don't expect for Wifi. This is a remote island where mobile signal is something precious. Signal is available around the front office. And it's EDGE. Facebook is not welcome. :-) Opportunity to loose from the gadgets.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
TeamKKR, Direttore at Kura Kura Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear Mr. & Mr. Faruhdina,
Thank You for Your kind post and thank You too for the video, we already posted it on our FB!!!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed in KKR 4 nights as an end to our honeymoon. What can I say? It was just perfect for us.

Location was incredible. The island is beautiful, and everyday we took a free trip to an island nearby (15 minutes by wood boat) that was just paradise.
Rooms. Great, spacious and clean. We got a Deluxe Cottage and it had just everything we needed. Service was nice, with a second service at night while you are at dinner to leave everything ready for your sleep.
Food. Excellent, just excellent. We had 3 lunches and 4 dinners and the island, and they kept surprising us over and over. Different menu every day, 3 course meals (dinner included in our case). Lots of local fish and seafood on the menu (we loved it) and lots of pasta delicious dishes. Prices for drinks are acceptable for being on a remote island. The only thing we would have appreciated is a longer wine list, but we understand the limitations considering the location.
Service. Very nice, young staff that were always solicitous to our needs. Thanks everyone for 4 great days.
Small canoes and snorkeling equipment at your disposal anytime. We didn't take any diving courses or tours but they looked interesting and reasonably priced. We just didn't have the time :-)
Thanks everyone at KuraKura, we will see you again soon...

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ANA M
TeamKKR, Direttore at Kura Kura Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear ana m,
thank you very much for your kind review. As always, I will show it to the staff because they too can gloat and understand that all our efforts are rewarded with your kind words. Thanks again.