We stayed at this hotel a little later than planned as it wasn't open as advertised and booked by the holiday company (Bookable Holidays). We never really found out who was at fault with this mixup, but the hotel did upgrade us for the 4 out of 7 planned nights that we did spend there. Instead of a 2 room apartment, we had a 2 room luxury apartment with private pool, jacuzzi bath and king size bed. For the first 3 nights we were given another hotel further up the coast (see my review of Grand Bay Hotel) which was fine but not of the same standard at all.
Sirios Village is a good all round hotel in the area, very worthy of its 4 stars, the facilities and grounds are in the main lovely. The pools are fantastic, large, deep for proper swimming and clean and there are plenty of childrens pools with fun slides etc. The layout of the apartments in the grounds are very appealing and there are beautiful trees and plants everywhere. The playground could do with an upgrade but was fine.
The food was fine, always lots of options but not a lot of fresh fruit, I guess it was seasonal but orange and apple every day gets a bit boring. And there was such a good salad choice it made you want more fruit. The choice of breakfast/cooked food/salad however did become limited and samey once you had been there a few days. And sometimes you felt that things were not as fresh as they could have been. The wine/beer/ spirits were fine but the soft drinks were very limited and either really sugary squash or pop or just water for the children. Our other hotel had had a large selection of fruit juice so we wondered again why the children's choices were less.
Our room was lovely and the private pool would have been fab if it was hotter. But both the showers in the 'luxury' room were badly planned for the space and inadequate, and the jacuzzi bath was a bit ropey. All was very clean though and comfortable and we had a cleaner every day and clean towels whenever we needed. Also a free bottle of wine and our own beach towels were left for us which was a nice touch.
So all in all I would recommend, we found it a relaxing place to hang out in night and day, there was pool and air hockey, pool bar was great for us and children and pool area lovely. Though it was the beginning of the season so fairly quiet. The beach was fairly close and not bad at all. It was great to be so close to Chania, we had a hire care but noticed lots of people getting the bus in to town. Chania is a fab city to visit, beautiful. There is a bowling alley nearby for rainy/cold eves (open 5pm+ weekdays) and supermarkets very close by.
Thanks to especially Sophia on reception for helping us with the booking problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sirios Village lies in one of the most beautiful areas of Chania, Kato Daratso, which is 4 km west of the city of Chania and 14 km from Chania airport. A magnificent Mediterranean Village, built on a verdant plot area of 2.7 hectares. Small white detached houses are “scattered” inside trees and flowers, where their architectural design blends in with the surrounding environment in perfect harmony, only 350 m away from the sandy beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sirios Village Hotel & Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sirios Village Hotel Kato Daratso
- Sirios Village Chania
- Sirios Village Hotel Chania
- Sirios Village Hotel & Bungalows Chania/Kato Daratso, Crete