“Great holiday”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Sani
London, United Kingdom
“Great holiday”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at the Sani Beach Hotel in October 2012. We initially booked the 2 bedroom family suite in the porto sani village and changed it to the newly refurbished 2 bedroom family suite at the Sani Beach Hotel as we wanted to be close by to the sea. When we arrived we were given a 2 bedroom family suite with a smallish balcony not the room layouts we saw in the pics when we booked. After speaking to various diffrent people, the hotel manager Derk arranged for a room change the next day. Although it was also a two bedroom family suite the difference was anormous....so much more refined, loads more space for our little one to run around and with a huge balcony and great seaview, it was almost like being in another hotel altogether. We have very high standards when we go on holidays and we loved our suite and were so glad we changed our booking to the Sani Beach Hotel.
Most of the people working here really make an effort to ensure they deliver great customer service. They will accomodate you how ever they can and go that extra mile to make sure you have an enjoyable stay. If you have kids you will love this place; the kids creche is fantastic and you can arrange for babysitting whenever and wherever....me and hubby arranged for a babysitter one evening to come with us whilst we went for a meal at the Seaview restaurant, he took our little one (who was 18months at the time & he is very active and can't sit in one place for more than 2minutes!) nearby around the restaurant to play so we didn't feel the need to rush our meal and needless to say we had a great evening.
Derek the hotel manager is a real credit to the hotel. His customer service skills are brilliant and he really knows how to make sure all customers have an enjoyabloe stay at the Sani Beach Hotel. If it wasn't for him we probably wouldn't have had such a good holiday...he made a real difference. Overal we had a great holiday with our little one and we would recommend this place to anyone especially those with children. Although I always refer to trip advisor when booking holidays I never usually write reviews but this place is definately worthy of it...so that in itself says alot!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jas B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (847)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Italy
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The hotel is totally catered for Families, do not book this place if you DON'T have children. The free private transfers were ontime and friendly. My daughter who was being potty trained at the time needed the toilet on the way to the airport and the driver was happy to stop and then gave her a banana as she was getting hungry. The free baby seat was safe, new, clean, comfortable and reclineable.

Most of the staff throughout the hotel/resort were helpful and friendly, however, some of the waiters in the Dolphine and Posiedon need some more training in customer service & service with a smile. For example, at the Dolphine I asked the waiter if it was possible to order a PLAIN and SIMPLE mixed salad (e.g.Lettice, tomatoes and cucmber), he said 'No'. I then thought it was because he didn't know how to price it, so i said i was happy to pay the price on the menu but i didn't want all the frills (e.g. chicken or prawns or tuna or capers etc). He said 'no, sorry we can't do it'. I then asked him if he could find out if it was possible rather than telling me NO. He went off in a strop and then the restaurant manager came over and asked if everything was ok. I told him I found it strange that the waiter said I couldn't get a simple salad eventhough I was willing to pay more for it. He opologised and said it wouldn't be a problem and that he could arrange it for the following day. He also said that the chef wouldn't be able to do it when the restaurant was really busy however if I came at the same time the following day he would make sure it was available.

I loved the fact you could dine around and the food and service was fantastic everywhere especially at AMMOS.

We stayed in B block in a 1 bedroom suite. The room were clean and modern. I liked the fact our room had a bath and box shower as well as a TV in both the bedroom and the living room. This came in very handy during the afternoon, as my daughter had a nap in the living room we could close the doors to the bedroom and watch tv. Only complaint was the fact our room wasn't cleaned very well one day. I spilt some coffee next to the nespresso machine and the follwing day the cleaners had come in but failed to notice and clean the coffee off the side, around and under the machine. I complained and the housekeeping staff went back and cleaned it up promptly and then the custmer relations staff left a complementary bottle of wine in our room. This was great service as even though a mistake was made they made the effort to correct it quickly and then the following day i was asked if I was happy, which I thought was superb customer service.

The Melissa club was fabulous, the staff ratio was high and they had a great program for the little ones. I was really impressed with the fact they didn't charge me for the 15min my daughter stayed there, I was expecting to pay for that morning even though I took her out because she was crying loads (bless her, she had never been away from me before so it was a bit much) and the staff were soooooo understanding and kind about it. I think once my daughter is older and happy to stay away from me I would try the nursery again because the other kids seem to have loads of fun.
We did however, use the babysitting service for 1 night whilst our daughter was in bed, the babysitter (someone from the nursery) came to our room so that my hubby and I could have a romantic dinner. Money well spent.

Overall we LOVED this holiday so much we are thinking of going back there next year. This hotel is ideal for people with toddlers as it has a kids pool, nursery, park with swings etc and easy walking access to the beach. The beaches even had a shaded play area for the kids to use with their parents as well as babewatch (you can leave you child with the staff for 30mins and they wil watch them whilst you have a swim) which was all free to use. I highly recommend this hotel.

Positives: 1 bedroom suite (so you can get a little privacy whilst you child is in the living room), Dine around, Activities for under 3's, walking distance to beach and baby pool.

Negatives: Price of drinks.

Room Tip: 1) B block with sea view is moden with an amazing view. 2) Reserve breakfast at the AMMOS restaura...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank blondieitaly18
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We came here Oct 2012 and had a great time, the place can not be faulted with everything you could want or need. The only downside on a personal level is the children running about, it is very family friendly however, if like us, you don't want to hear the kids screaming they do have two restaurants with one being for over 12s only. The beaches are great and plenty to do and see. Not very "Greek" but having to cater for all nationalities it's understandable

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve B
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Wonderful family orientated hotel. The staff were welcoming and polite. Next time we'll choose a room with a sea view. The view of the gardens and fountains was lovely but the beach was beautiful. The food in the restaurants was fine. We stayed full board but paying for drinks was an unwelcome expense (and I'm not even talking about alcohol !) If you have active, hot, thirsty children, upgrading to all inclusive might be the better option. Our rooms were attractive and the bathrooms, beautifully clean. Housekeeping was faultless, even folding away my messy children's clothes! Evening entertainment was er.... entertaining.The bars and restaurants along the beach were perfect for just relaxing and gazing at view but again expensive. We'll be back next september.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view because it's really worth the little extra
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Fussyfive
Cambridgeshire,UK
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a wonderfully stay here and felt relaxed and at home from the moment we checked in. The reception staff were helpfully and efficient,handing us a glass of champers as we arrived. The room was comfy &spacious with lovely views over the beach where the sun set each evening. Food was plentiful and varied &it was a treat to eat in an adult only restaurant ,what a great idea that is. The marina & dine around programme works well but you do need to book early. There is also a great spa ,so you can really feel pampered. On the whole it was a lovely relaxing ,romantic and enjoyable holiday, can't wait to return next year. Thank you Sani.

Room Tip: We stayed in a JNR suite over looking the beach ,which added the romance factor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Hessy
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a very welcome break at the Sani Beach Hotel in early October. What a fabulous place to go. We were a couple and although the resort was ideal for children, we could not fault it either. We were given an unrefurbished room overlooking the pool in B Block and although the room was perhaps in need of a makeover, it was nevertheless very clean and the bed very comfortable. The food was of excellent quality with a very good selection. We found the dine around program a very good idea however it was very difficult to book certain restaurants because they were already booked up. We ate at the Sani Beach resort taverna a couple of evenings and that was excellent. There is a frequent mini bus service between all the resorts and this was very welcome. The staff were lovely and even though the end of the season was near they were still just as professional and friendly. The drinks were very expensive and that was a shame because that is our only gripe with this fantastic resort. Treat yourself to a lovely massage at the Hotel Spa!

Room Tip: B Block overlooking the pool and bay was great - always something to see when sitting on your balcon...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tiverton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have just returned from Sani Beach Hotel, and it was great. We took our two teenage children and met up with other family, so we had three rooms in B block.
The hotel was closing on the day we left but the staff were extremely professional and welcoming to the end. From our arrival we had excellent service, friendly professional and everyone could not do enough for us. The room was in excellent condition and like everything else in the resort it was spotless. Our room was a bit noisy with a kitchen fan outside it.
We made use of the bike hire and went on a couple of trips along some quite challenging paths to the neighboring resort, great bikes in good repair. The kids also had a go at Scuba diving, which again was very well run and they had great fun.
Dine around on full board was a real bonus and we eat out at one of the different restaurants every lunchtime. Food was of a good quality everywhere. Dine around is designed to make you spend more but once you get the idea of this you can avoid to much extra expense. Drinks were expensive, but the place was so nice it felt worth it! We particulary liked Dunes at Sani Beach Club and our favorite spot was Ammos Bar. An amazing view over to Mt Olympus.
The hotel is next door to a wetland park and we walked the marked trails which was fun.
The Spa was great and we all enjoyed the Saunas and hot seats.
We used all the facilities, swam in the clear blue sea, and in the cold but refreshing pool and eat lots of great food.
Transfers were not included for us so we rented a Fiat Panda £90 for the week, this is the price of a single transfer so was worth it even though it sat in the car park all week. But we went to Thassloniki on the last day, enroute to the airport and had a great day exploring the city.

Room Tip: B Block sea view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sani
Sani Club
Pomegranate Wellness Spa Hotel
Achtis Hotel
Achtis Hotel
#1 of 8 in Afitos

Been to Sani Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!