“We will return”
Review of Porto Sani

Porto Sani
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Sani
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Have just spent a week staying in the Marina Suites in Porto Sani Village. Upon our arrival we were greeted by very friendly staff and offered complimentary drink and snacks whilst we were introduced to the resort. Our room overlooked the marina and was very close to most restaurants and shops. The room was very bright and airy but the shower and bath let it down. We are not large people but we struggled to fit into the bath and there wasn't a lot of space to move in the shower. The maid service was excellent.The resort is run very well, all staff were always pleased to see us, and look after us. As mentioned in previous reviews, the Adult Only pool area was used by families with children of all ages. This wasn't a problem to us as the resort seemed fairly quiet but I imagine in high season this could be a problem to adults wanting a child free space. The areas were clearly marked so it should be up to staff to enforce this. We thought the Dine Around scheme was a great idea, it enables you to dine at other restaurants around the resort using your half board allowance. The restaurants we tried were very friendly and offered very good value for money. We would recommend this resort to couples and families.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the Marina is close to shops and restaurants but quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Linda G

Reviewed May 5, 2014

This was our 10th stay at this beautiful hotel. We stayed at Porto Sani Village for 6 nights in April and I have to say that the service offered at this hotel is truly exceptional. From arrival until departure you will feel like very very very welcomed guests. After so many stays it is a feeling like "coming home" in a very luxury way. All staff members, from reception, guest relation, restaurants, housekeeping and management care about you all the time. Staff is nearly perfect organized and care about wishes and questions.

Restaurants: Our favourite restaurant in the whole resort (dine-around) is Artemis. Fantastic food and excellent service. This season they are offering a daily changing menu card with a great selection of foods, so you can choose every day from some other excellent starters, main courses and desserts. This gives you a great variety of different meals during the week. Very good improvement since our previous stays.
Very special thanks to the new F&B manager Nikos. You and your team have done a wonderful job. We love the service and food.

Reception and guest relation: Very proffessional service. Every question and wish could be fulfilled within seconds :) They all remember the guest names. Thats wonderful.
Very special thanks to Christina. You and your team have cared about us and done a wonderful job.

Suite: Very good in size, very nice balcony, nice bathtube with jacuzzi and rainshower. In this season some new furniture, but please go on and put some more modern elements in the suites. Here i suggest some little renovations to be top luxury hotel even in 2015.
Fantastic housekeeping staff. Special thanks to Maria, you are so lovely :)))

Beaches: Very nice sandy beaches, beach service and very clear water.

Our favourite bar in the resort is Bousoulas Beach Bar, which is located on the top of the beach at Sani Hotel. Thanks to Denis and Eleni for the lovely atmosphere and nice drinks.

Last but not least my very very very special thanks to the manager of Porto Sani Village Athanasios (Sakis). You cared about us all the time in a way that i can not put in words. You love this job and do it fantastic. Specially you make this and all of our stays memorable. Thank you very much!!! :)))

I can highly recommend Porto Sani Village!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Jan H
Reviewed May 4, 2014

There is no doubt that this is a 5 star resort with excellent accommodation, great facilities, good location and excellent staff. The whole resort is immaculate with lovely gardens and with excellent levels of service. It is advertised as a family friendly location and so I wasn't surprised that there were plenty of families. BUT - at times the whole resort seems to be overrun with noisy kids running riot. Breakfast time was a Bun Fight! They do have Adult only areas but don't enforce it and we were disturbed by kids running riot on numerous occasions at the Adult Only pool. I think Sani have missed a trick. There are 4 hotels, why not make one of them Adult only. If they do, we will be back. If they don't unfortunately we won't. One other point, is that smoking appears to be allowed almost anywhere and it did spoil things on quite a few occasions. Hope this helps folks to decide if Sani is for you.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LordSheepscombe
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we have visited and once again wasn't disappointed. We have 4 children under 8 and the facilities in the kids club we have never found better any where else. Rooms are lovely and maid service very good. All staff throughout the resort are very friendly and can't do enough to welcome you from the minute you arrive right throughout your stay. Excellent food & service from the coffee shops to the restaurants. Kids are widely accommodated for with some restaurants even offering a kids corner for them to draw etc. Spa very nice and treatments are lovely. There was a lot of the same staff from when we visited in 2012, of whom remembered us from our previous visit. It was my birthday when we were there and they made a very big fuss of this fact which was very sweet. Will definitely visit again in the near future. Highly recommend, especially for families that have children.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Snoopyandfrenchie
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed at PSV for one week in April and I have to say the service offered at this hotel is truly exceptional. From the minute we arrived, we were given fantastic service and the staff were incredible with our two young children.
My husband and I have never been to a hotel / resort where the manager is so visible. Athanasios would greet us and go out of his way to speak extensively with us every time we were near to the reception area to make sure we were truly happy with everything and also, Maria would go out of her way to help us with every request we had and were amazing with the children. In actual fact all the staff were very attentive and the PSV is probably one of the best hotels in terms of service we have experienced.
The facilities at PSV were outstanding, from the pools, sun loungers, rooms, beach and location next to the marina. This hotel also has an indoor pool which was fantastic as we had a couple of days where the weather wasn't very sunny and the children were more than happy to spend time in the indoor pool. When staying at PSV you have a choice of also using the beach at the Sani Asterias Suites and I was pleasantly surprised at how beautiful the beach was. The resort has three hotels and I feel we made the best choice in terms of facilities mentioned above.
The spa at PSV was incredible including the treatments that my husband and I had. Therapists were great and you were treated exceptionally. I had a quartz crystal scrub and I was amazed my skin was still glowing and sparkling for days after my treatment. A little on the expensive side I guess, but for a hotel of this standard I guess it's pretty average.
The room was perfect for a family of 4 as there is a separate bedroom and lounge area where the children slept very comfortably and it was minutes away from where we were served breakfast and the pool area which was extremely convenient.
One of the other fantastic things about the hotel is that it is very close by to the marina where there was a great range of restaurants and shops. When staying half board you can use your allowance at the restaurants which is great as you could literally eat at a different restaurant every evening. I would definitely recommend booking to avoid disappointment. Booking can be done through reception and Maria booked all of our restaurants for us for the week and her recommendations did not disappoint and this was a very straight forward process.
The kids club was great, but again I would recommend to book before you get there to avoid disappointment. This again was done in a straight forward way via email.
We went to the Sani Beach Club on a couple occasions and once again the service was fantastic. The buffet at the Olympus restaurant is highly recommended as is the Greek restaurant overlooking the sea. Exceptional food including the children's menu and beautiful views while the sun sets over the sea whilst eating your meal is stunning.
I would highly recommend the PSV to any couple / family. With just a 3 hour flight from London, this was a perfect vacation for us and we are hoping to return sometime soon. I can't really find anything negative to say and so just to say The manager, Athanasios runs this hotel amazingly well and this is definitely one of the nicest hotels and resorts we have stayed in. After extensive research, I found the majority of luxury hotels and resorts in Europe always have mixed reviews except this one and we definitely made the best choice choosing to have our holiday here. It certainly didn't disappoint and by far met all my expectations!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are great for when you have children.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Neeta B
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This really is a resort of the highest order. The hotel accommodation, pools, beach, playgrounds, childrens club, marina etc are just wonderful, I could go on and on and on. If you have the money, go. You won't regret it.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank M0le
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed in PSV for 2 weeks last April/ May (2013). We are now looking to book another holiday and I realised that I need to stop being one of these people who just uses trip advisor to read reviews and should actually write one, especially because we had such an exceptional stay.
We went to Sani with our two children aged (at the time) 2 and 8 months.
Upon arrival we were met by the manager Sarkis - even though it was late at night and he was up and about at breakfast the next morning. The suite was lovely and consisted of a lounge and separate bedroom. Our daughters camp bed was set up behind one of the sofas up against the wall - out of sight and with the added bonus of an all round bed guard.
We had asked for a room close to the pool and near to our friends who we travelled with and both requests were fulfilled. This was really useful for the endless 'oh i forgot such and such' that often entails with a baby so that we didn't have a 10 minute round trip to pick it up - though in fairness most of the rooms are quite close to the pool.
There is a lovely adults only pool which I used when we tried to put my daughter in 'klib club' (kids club). Unfortunately she was not used to going to a creche so only lasted half an hour (they telephone you if they are distressed and don't settle) I am more hopeful this year. The staff were all lovely and I would have been happy to leave her there if she were happy to go. Unlike some European resorts they will take babies from a few months which is fantastic.
The kids pool is great, sun beds all the way around right next to the edge of the pool and a good depth throughout so that you can let them go in on their own in armbands/ rubber ring whilst keeping a very close eye. There are also inflatables that can be used by all, and the pool staff will blow toys up with a pump (to save daddy blowing them up). It is nice and warm.
There is a supermarket in the marina which is pretty reasonable considering they have you over a barrel. There are also lots of shops which are nice for browsing and a doctors (the hotel was really helpful picking up a prescription for me in the local town arranging a taxi to go and get it).
The food was exceptional. Booking can be a problem as the people answering the phones did not have great English so on one night we got a babysitter as well as a restaurant booking(!) but the babysitter was very understanding about the mix up. Also you really have to book early otherwise you can end up with a limited choice so it's worth sitting down and planning where you're going to eat and getting it booked early.
I read a previous reviewer saying that there is no concierge but when we were there there was a lovely girl called Kristina on a desk in reception who our daughter took a real shine to. She always made a special effort to talk to and wave at our daughter which she loved, plus she was great at helping book things and explaining what was going on.
I had a facial and a massage in the spa. I have both fairly regularly but can honestly say that the therapists were exceptional and I left feeling totally amazing.
The food was outstanding for a resort that offers free half board (we went out of season). You get to use all of the restaurants in the marina and in the other hotels in the resort, sometimes you get 3 courses, other restaurants you get a certain amount off your bill. We went all over the resort - the two buffet restaurants in the Beach club and the hotel, the greek taverna and the grill in the marina, the restaurant on the beach next to the hotel. All were good (apart from the Italian which was not so great but I have read that it has improved so I will try it again). But the best restaurant was luckily the one in PSV - Artemis. Really excellent food and staff especially Phillipe.
This is also where breakfast was served - again exceptional and the kids play area to the side of the breakfast area for when they've finished and you haven't - is such a brilliant idea.
When we went it was the beginning of the season so there were a few teething problems but the manager wanted constantly to hear about these and where there were genuine issues you would get a free drink etc. I have never been to a resort where the manager was so visible and so interested in feedback, even pressing you if you said things were ok - 'what do you mean only ok'. My husband is very hard to impress and was good at giving the feedback (!) but even he was won over by Sarkis in the end.
The negatives are that the restaurant booking people (when done on the telephone) are not great
and also that there is nothing really outside of the resort to go and visit. However the positives by far outweigh these.
I have spent the last 2 weeks researching where to book for a spring holiday this year. With a now 18 month old it really has to be Europe for the flight to be bearable. I have looked at all of the luxury hotels in Cyprus, Crete and Tenerife. My husband and I really wanted to go somewhere different as we want to try and squeeze in as many nice holidays as possible before our daughter starts school and it gets extortionate... the problem is that Sani is just too good. There is no where else that has kids club for this age, with a 2 room option, with such excellent food and facilities at a price that is so reasonable... and so we are going again. Have recommended it to my friends and 2 other families have gone and loved it too.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room as it was cheaper (which had a balcony) but I wished we'd paid an extr...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank KateLovesHolidays
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sani
Sani Beach
Achtis Hotel
Achtis Hotel
#1 of 9 in Afitos
Pomegranate Wellness Spa Hotel

Been to Porto Sani? Share your experiences!