Porto Sani
Hotel Argo(Siviri)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsartemis restaurantsea breeze barkids clubhalf boardthe hotel managernext yearmacaroniadult poolspecial thanksyoung childrenmarina suitespecial mentionfamily holidayguest servicesnothing is too much troublehis teamwelcome drink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We received a warm welcome at PSV where we where ushered into the bar and offered a free drink from the bar menu. This was very welcomed and a comfortable way to check in and be told about the resort. I had e-mailed a couple of weeks previously to confirm that we had twin beds as I was travelling with my elderly mother. Again I requested the need for twin beds only to find out when entering the Marina suites that all Marina suites have a large double bed!!! I spoke with reception again who sent up a z-bed. This was not acceptable so again I spoke with reception who sent up a single bed and said that they would upgrade us to a one bed villa in two days time, I no choice but to except this, so we lived out of our suitcases for the first two days and I had a couple of restless nights. The Marina suits are lovely and we would have been more than happy here if we had twin beds. The view of the Marina is beautiful from the balcony and the rooms are very quiet. The one bed suites are also very comfortable offering a lounge area and jacuzzi bath and separate rain shower. Although we did miss the magnifying mirror we had in the marina suites bathroom and the view from the balcony was of the road and fields.
The beach has soft golden sand and the sea is clear and shallow with plenty of comfortable sunloungers, umbrellas and towels.
On saturday morning we had a lovely boat trip for two and half hours up the coast and back. you can go morning or sunset cruise and this was complimentary. We had a drink and a sandwich given to us after our swim in a beautiful bay.
The Artemis restaurant was most enjoyable both for breakfast and evening meal and on wednesday we had fun on the Greek night! The weather was beautiful our entire stay so we ate outside both morning and evening. On the "Dine around " we experience eating at Macaroni which was very basic and not well cooked, the Greek taverna which they missed out part of the set menu and the food was again basic ( child like) and Tomata which we were made to feel very welcome and the food was fab!! but the Artemis was our favourite especially the sea bass!!!
They have a major problem with wasps, several people we met including my mother were stung. They burn coffee as an deterrent but this does not help much!! We also experienced a couple of mosquito bites.
The staff are professional and very helpful and every one spoke english very well and it is the staff that make you holiday a special one.
If you have a young family I feel this is a prefect holiday as they so well cater for children. I agree with previous reviewers that you do not feel this is a true Greek experience but that being said we had a most enjoyable stay and the weather was so good to us so we spent most of our time relaxing on the beach. We travelled late september/ early october.

Room Tip: Only book an Marina suite if you require a double bed!
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I wouldn't say this place has no flaws as no resort is ideal but I'm glad to have spent a week at Porto Sani Village with my family.
It seems that weather plays the most important role in forming travellers' opinion: those who were unlucky with the weather are most unhappy.
We were lucky: it was +28-30 and constantly sunny in the last week of September and hence we never had queues for breakfast (outdoor area could be used for seating) and had a great time at the pool and on the beach.

Positives:
- beautiful and clean grounds/pools/communal areas in the hotel;
- the cleanest sea water I've ever seen in my life and sandy beach;
- high quality food and quite wide choice of restaurants to eat at;
- very friendly staff at the reception and in the hotel restaurant;
- family friendly resort: toys for kids at the pool and on the beach, playground; high tolerance towards crying/naughty children from both staff and other guests (probably due to the fact the vast majority of guests are young families themselves!)

What I didn't like:
-mediocre quality of room cleaningness: I ended up washing the floor in the room myself with a wet towel - don't like seeing previous guests' hair and always feeling sand when waking barefoot! (did ask the cleaners to hoover it but they either don't have enough time or don't care)
-furniture in the rooms needs renovation: sofas were stained, shower/taps limescaled and wallpaper near sinks dirty - would struggle to call accommodation 'luxurious'

Beware of the drinks prices: nothing costs less than 5 euros - even a small and simple cup of tea! But then you think they need this money to pay e.g. for live music with grand piano and candles by the pool in the evenings which was gorgeous!! Nice time to remember...

Room Tip: If you want more privacy, don't choose a pool view room - people will be passing by your windows too closely as the paths run close to rooms around the pool.
Reviewed October 3, 2012

For the first time, my boyfriend and I decided to go for a resort holiday, instead of a cultural holiday. We wanted to go somewhere where we could totally relax, unwind and feel a little special. That is exactly what we got!!!
We travelled at the end of September and the average temperature whilst there was 30, and the sea was warm.
I did a lot of research prior to booking and decided on the Porto Sani Village part of the Sani Resort. We booked a Marina Suite instead of a suite around the hotel, which was perfect as the hotel was full of small children and the hotel area seemed a little loud.
The suite was beautiful, the hotel had laid rose petals on the floor and on the bed, there was a bottle of greek sparkling wine in the hidden 'kitchenette' area, and there were 2 balconies, one overlooking the Marina and one overlooking the Sea You Beach.
We found the resort to be clean, the staff could not do enough for you and the food was excellent and generally well priced. The best restaurant was the Artemis located at Porto Sani Village. We went to Tomata based on good reviews and having won awards, and were left disappointed and I felt a little upset, the service was disgraceful, the food was ok and we generally felt unwelcome, Macroni was similar only slightly better in that we at least felt welcome.
We had a meal at the Sea You Up Restaurant which was amazing, would highly recommend and it was very romantic overlooking the Marina at night, the sushi was the best we have had.
Drinks prices were what you would expect for a resort and everywhere you went you did not need money as the bills were charged to the room, this was a really good idea and worked well.
We went on 2 excursions that were ran through a travel agent acting at the resort, one to Thessaloniki, which was a historical tour, this was extremely well run, very interesting and I would recommend, the second was a cruise to Mt. Athos and a 'traditional village' the cruise was long, boring quite unnecessary and we could not understand the greek to english translation, the village was not typical of traditional Greece to me, and felt more in line with somewhere like Zante, as soon as we left the boat we were hounded by people, in the cafes we felt unwelcome and the town was extremely dirty and unkempt, I have visited many Greek islands and never came across anything like this.
The locals also seemed to have a problem with my boyfriends tattoos which was off putting as they sneered a lot at him.
All in all we had a lovely and relaxing holiday and as long as you know when booking that you are not going to be enveloped in culture and traditions at a resort then you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Marina Suites feel more independent to the hotel which was nice and had better views!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Having a young family, it is often hard to find a place which offers excellence for both adults and children. However, we have found it in the Porto Sani Village.... so much so that we have returned there three years in a row!

The hotel offers everything you would wish for- superb food, kids clubs, spa, location and amenities. All the staff are considerate and try to do everything they can to ensure every guest feels special. The spa is equal to any that we have been to in the world and enables you to relax properly on your vacation.

Outside of the hotel, the garden theatre offers wonderful entertainment for all the family and the service in general throughout the entire resort is exceptional. The beaches are beyond beautiful and compare to anything I have seen in the Caribbean

I can not recommend this hotel highly enough and don't feel that there is another hotel of this type that compares to the standard that the Porto Sani Village offers.

A very satisfied customer.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank michelle f
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We visited in September it rained for most of the week, although this is clearly no fault of the hotel, they could have had a contingency in place. Stayed at Sani Village. Travelled with our 16 month old baby and there were no indoor play areas for him to play in, this is something missing from the hotel.

Positives
1)Clean suites good acceptable standard
2)Friendly staff who remembered our names
3) Spa facility lovely and a standard you would expect from a 5* hotel

Negatives
The fine details which you would expect from a 5* star hotel were missing
1) No contingency plan for rainy days
2) Massive wasp problem which hotel management either were unwilling or unable to deal with. Had to leave meals at the table for the fear of being stung, just awful they were everywhere
3) Toys were broken, missing parts or just a shoddy standard
5) DVD collection severely poor, most DVD's were unwatchable as they were scratched. Why hasn't this 5* resort got on demand movies in each room. Where also customer can access the hotel account/bill during the stay
6) Breakfast hectic staff rushed off their feet bumping into you. Waited 20 minutes for a table for breakfast because the indoor area could not cater for all the guests staying at sani village

The hotel needs to up its game. However I believe the loyal customers who come here year on year will keep coming until their children grow up. But I suspect this hotel needs to attact new customers. For us it was underwhelming and ultimately a disappointing experience. It is very unlikely that we would return, there are plenty of other resorts to visit in Europe which are luxurious and child friendly.

Room Tip: If you have a heavy buggy don't pick the upstairs rooms, otherwise you will be carrying this up and down each time you leave your suite (plus carrying your baby)!
6  Thank equalitybrown