First family sun holiday with our 2 year old daughter. We arrived to rain. Rain in Greece? Late too, so tired and hungry. Room was excellent, as was the view of the pools (so it should be for £6k). First fun bit was the "lost in translation" in the room service menu. "Hotel blends" apparently meant all toddler food was pureed. Hello??
Next day I checked out the gym (very good, and didn't ever have any problems getting on equipment even at the busiest of times). Breakfast very good (but the whole resort had a major wasp problem, which isn't fun with a 2 year old!). Lunch and dinner more of a challenge. So unknown to us, you needed to book in advance to eat anywhere. And Greece being Greece, in the hotel a "collar" at dinner was mandatory. Hello? I'm on holiday. I wear a suit and tie all week. A shirt and jeans I'll do but when jeans and shirt are a no but a polo shirt and slacks are ok, then there's something wacky going on (but hey, I knew this from previous holidays in Greece). The having to reserve bit was a nightmare. Try explaining to a hungry, tired 2 year old why she's going to have to wait another hour for food because bizarrely, no local restaurants have any evening availability. Having fathomed this, we did book. But of all the restaurants, only 1 (the pizzeria) was deemed worth a revisit. Half were stupidly expensive and way too fussy (from someone who has eaten at most top London restaurants) or "chips with everything". And no menus posted outside so we had no idea if there was anything we'd want to eat. What was wrong with a traditional greek taverna? (oh for Georgios Taverna at Elounda in Crete).
The hotel otherwise was great. My daughter loved the pool complex. Room and maid services were good.
Bottom line - would I go back? Hmm... not by choice. But I don't know I'll find anywhere much better. The price was the thing that ultimately took the shine off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxurious getaway for the body and mind, the relaxed surroundings of the expansive Porto Sani Village is an ideal setting in which to restore your karma. The sensuous Spa Suite is a haven of tranquility providing tailor-made aromatherapy treatments, personal trainers and one-on-one yoga lessons, while the breathtaking lagoon pool is the perfect place to soak up the sun and enjoy our energising fresh juices and well-being menus for adults and children. The contemporary elegance of Porto Sani Village is complemented by a superb setting close to Sani Marina and its enticing world of inspired cuisine. The refreshingly spacious suites of this hotel are ideal for families and command spectacular views over the lagoon pools and the Marina, resplendent with its majestic yachts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Porto Sani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Sani Village Hotel Sani
- Porto Sani Village Kassandra
- Porto Sani Village Hotel Kassandra
- Porto Sani Halkidiki, Greece