Just returned from a 10 day half board break at Porto Sani Village with our 10 month old son. The resort definitely left us impressed and look forward to our next visit. It made me believe holiday with baby can be relaxing and stress free.
We were very lucky with the weather at the beginning of the new season (end of April/start of May). After 3 hrs flight, 40mins taxi ride, a refreshing welcome drink and warm introduction to the resort, we were shown to our spacious garden suite. Luggages were already delivered to our suite and complimentary fruit and wine awaiting in the lounge. Cot looked comfy enough for the little man. We rearrange the lounge coffee table/stool so our son had the whole rug to roll around. Wonderful to be on holiday!
Being 2hrs ahead in Greece worked really well and we followed the same UK time based routine. Our son had 3 short naps a day and we divided time between beach, pool and marina. The Indoor poor (splash time 10am-1pm) was brilliant if you prefer the little ones to stay out of the sun. My son also enjoyed the outdoor pool but shivered quite a bit when he first got in. Plenty of sun beds to choose from.
Food in general is excellent with our favourites being Artemis (village), Ouzerie (Beach Club), Tomata (Marina). Some of the beach bars were not serving food at the beginning of the season but Bousoulas Beach Bar (Beach Hotel) was a great spot for lunch while our son napped. Half board dine around also worked out pretty well, we always booked our usual 7pm slot a day in advance (except Tomata). Our son loved the baby menu at Artemis and the portion was so big I saved half for next day lunch. Baby watch at Artemis worked better for toddlers but it was good distraction for younger babies. Darya was really nice with children. The super market in Marina is only 5 mins walk away so very convenient to pick up water/ice cream on our way to/from beach or restaurant.
We visited the crèche and would be happy to leave our son there. As he napped so much we didn’t see the point in leaving him at the crèche at the end.
Things that really make the resort stand out from the others:
- Super family oriented, every staff carries smiles and genuinely interested in children.
- Everyone worked hard to maintain top standard. Senior staff provides guidance and feedback to more junior ones. Managers are there to greet and speak to guests.
Finally, thanks to Olga Tsortanidou (Guest Service Manager) for excellent assistance particularly answering my emails re: baby food/facilities before my arrival. When it comes to baby, preparation is key.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxurious getaway for the body and mind, the relaxed surroundings of the expansive Porto Sani Village is an ideal setting in which to restore your karma. The sensuous Spa Suite is a haven of tranquility providing tailor-made aromatherapy treatments, personal trainers and one-on-one yoga lessons, while the breathtaking lagoon pool is the perfect place to soak up the sun and enjoy our energising fresh juices and well-being menus for adults and children. The contemporary elegance of Porto Sani Village is complemented by a superb setting close to Sani Marina and its enticing world of inspired cuisine. The refreshingly spacious suites of this hotel are ideal for families and command spectacular views over the lagoon pools and the Marina, resplendent with its majestic yachts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Porto Sani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Sani Village Hotel Sani
- Porto Sani Village Kassandra
- Porto Sani Village Hotel Kassandra
- Porto Sani Halkidiki, Greece