“Superb!”
Review of Sani Asterias

Sani Asterias
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Sani
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had a fantastic time staying here at the Sani Asterias and we were really pleased that we chose this hotel rather than one of the others within the resort itself as it was smaller, more personal and the accommodation couldn't be beaten! The room that we had was fantastic and the staff and service were second to none. Everywhere was immaculate and we (including our two children; 9 months and 3 years), were made to feel very welcome - nothing was too much trouble. I was concerned that we would be going to more of a couples hotel and that families weren't as welcome, but this concern was unfounded. I really liked the fact that they provided a proper cot too, not just a travel one. The resort itself caters for all family needs, although I was a little disappointed with the dine around service...whilst all of the restaurants were very welcoming, the service and food varied and it was frustrating to be told that a restaurant was fully booked when clearly it wasn't. I got the impression that the central dinner reservation team just make sure that no one restaurant is empty. The only other feedback would be that the pools weren't heated, so the children couldn't swim as it was too cold. I will, however, be recommending this hotel to my friends with children.

Room Tip: Go for the beach front if you can!
There are newer reviews for Sani Asterias

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We have just returned from an 8 night stay at the Sani Asterias Suites and once again Kevin and his team made our stay truly enjoyable. This was our second stay at the Sani Asterias suites from the moment we arrived we felt that our holiday was as important to Kevin and his team, as it was to us and the service and attention we received was faultless. In particular, Alexandra provided excellent service and really looked after us.

We had a Junior Suite overlooking the beach and this was lovely. The room was spacious, well designed and had a luxurious feel and the balcony with furniture and sun beds meant that we did not need to go onto the beach if we chose not to. We were really impressed with the high standard of accommodation and daily room service and will definitely book this type of accommodation again.

In the Asterias Suites we ate in the Water Restaurant twice and the food was excellent and very memorable, in particular the Meringue sphere dessert was my favourite. Breakfast was a most enjoyable experience for me as I usually do not eat much, however, the tempting breakfast buffet and the a la carte breakfast menu meant that I indulged in a number of courses..each one delicious. As always, Asterios and his team provided an excellent service throughout our stay.

We have stayed in numerous 5 star hotels across the world and the Sani Asterias suites is one of our favourites. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone , safe in the knowledge that they would have a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

We have returned home well rested and really looking forward to our next stay at the Asterias suites and appreciate everything that Kevin and his team did to make our holiday excellent.

Room Tip: We have have had rooms that overlooked the marina and the beach and both are excellent. Our preferen...
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Not just a regular vacation resort, this resort is top notch and the
stay surpassed our expectation in any way.
The beachfront suites are perfect for families and the variety of restaurants to choose from in the "dine around program" is absolutely great

On top of that and the most important thing: the staff is the best...
24/7 Kevin and his entire staff are on top of things and make the stay with their personal way extremely pleasant
There is really nothing to complain about, we will come back

Reviewed October 23, 2013

You might think the title of this review is odd, but the reason is simple. The Sani Resort markets itself as the Sani Resort, when you arrive, you will be encouraged via the dine around programme to visit all the all other areas, such as Sani Beach Resort, Sani Beach Hotel and Porto Sani village. They are all of a high standard and the service is generally very good. We recently stayed at Asterias and I wrote a review based upon our whole experience whilst at the Sani resort. We experienced poor service at one of the other restaurants, the Dunes and I reviewed it accordingly. We reported the matter and sought nothing other than for the management to be aware that this had occurred. We did not ask for anything by way of compensation. But when reviewing our experience it is fair to let others know that this can happen, so its not all perfect. I wrote my review before leaving, a bold move some might say, others might view this as naïve, I am not afraid to justify my reviews and do not hide behind anonymity. To my surprise I was approached by the manager just as we were leaving and he asked if I thought it was fair to mark the Asterias suites down because of something one of the other resorts had done. I have thought about this and concluded that yes it is fair, simply because they market it as a whole resort. Whilst you might stay at Asterias, you would have a very isolated holiday if you did not explore outside the luxury confines of this area. The reception staff there will proactively book you into many other restaurants throughout the resort, you will have free transport to enable you to access the whole area. So yes it is fair to comment and mark the whole. If I were to mark Asterias in isolation, then it is excellent, if I were to comment about the Dunes, based upon our experience then it would be average. The Water restaurant is excellent, the Veranda not so. Anyone visiting this resort will be very well looked after, in lovely surroundings. There is excellent food and not so excellent food. The beaches are well maintained and the staff there are first class as are the pool staff at Asterias. I am sorry if my overall views have a negative affect on the Asterias trip advisor rating, but it does not stand alone it is part of the Sani Resort and the managers anger should be directed towards the staff at the Dunes who failed to deliver the obvious high standards that he aims for. We had a lovely holiday and met some nice people. I was disappointed with the managers approach just as we left, it was ill timed and unnecessary, a shame really because it took the shine from what had been a very enjoyable stay.

3  Thank Pathfinder617
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We have returned today from our 2nd visit this year to Sani however this was our first visit to Sani Asterias Suites. The resort as a whole really suits our needs with 2 young children and we returned because we had a really positive experience from our first trip to Porto Sani Village however the Asterias Suites are a different level.

The Suites are stunning and spotlessly clean and the staff quite simply outstanding and cannot do enough for you. The management team are very active about Asterias and the positivity and friendliness they bring carries on through their chain of staff making you feel as if you leave having made lots of friends.

The dine around programme at Sani is a great idea allowing you to try diifferent cuisines/restaurants over the duration of your stay rather than being tied to the one restaurant and we found Tomata to be our favourite however all are really good.

Sani caters for all and whatever location you choose - the Hotel, Club, Porto Sani Village or Asterias Suites - you will not be disappointed but if you can stretch a few extra quid and experience Asterias then do it as it's worth it!

Well done everyone at Sani Asterias - you really made our holiday great..

Enjoy your winter break and we shall return next year!

Chris Bayliss

Reviewed October 17, 2013

It's our last night in the San Asterias Suites and we are reflecting on our week long holiday, as we watch the sun go down behind Mount Olympus. The holiday has surpassed our expectations in every way: the location; the genuine and warm welcome from Kevin and Alexandra; the high quality restaurants; and, above all else, the daily interaction with the enthusiastic, dedicated and attentive staff. Nothing has been too much trouble. While it would be nice to mention everyone, special thanks go to Vasilis, Tamara, Palito and Razvan, under the professional and gentlemanly eye of Asterios in the Water Retsaurant, where we enjoyed the best breakfasts in all our travels. On the beach Constantin was the epitome of polite, yet unobtrusive service; a thoroughly nice guy, and a credit to his native Romania. Kevin, you have built an outstanding team and World class boutique hotel - your Mum must be very proud! :) We can't wait to come back! Dawn and Steve.

Room Tip: We had a beach view suite. Immediate access to the beach, and a view of the most beautiful sunsets!
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I didn't expect this in a Northerly Grecian outpost, despite the regions fine vineyards. Asterias was exactly what we like and expect when Four Seasons are 'on form'; but in this case so beautifully Boutique. This place will blow your eardrums out with silence, an occasional patter as someone shimmers up to ask 'can I get you something Sir'. I don't think their website is any good, the aerial view looks uninspiring. Inside the reality is very private, secluded, so chilled. Kids I wasn't expecting but with one exception two weeks blissed by. Food was good. I enjoy breakfasts with Mustard, my supply ran out. The Manager Kevin (Canadian) found me Colman's powder, took him 48 hours, but hey. I left it there for you. Ask in the restaurant for the Colman's Mustard left courtesy of Mr John Walker formerly of No 7 Asterias Suites. Enjoy. 2:1 water, mix and leave for ten minutes. Perfect.

Room Tip: We chose marina and then wished we had chosen beach. But beach is fabulous but 'beachy' publ...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sani
Porto Sani
Achtis Hotel
Achtis Hotel
#1 of 8 in Afitos
Pomegranate Wellness Spa Hotel

Been to Sani Asterias? Share your experiences!