“Superb Family Holiday !”
Review of Sani Asterias

Sani Asterias
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Sani
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Superb Family Holiday !”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the staff at the hotel were welcoming and very accommodating. The suites are definitely the most exclusive part of the resort, and as a family of 7 with 5 children ranging from 9 - 24 its often a nightmare to get sun beds by the pool or beach ....not here!! Basically anytime of day there was always space and staff were on hand to serve food and drinks. The accommodation is billed as 5* and certainly hits the mark.
There are a large range of restaurants to choose from on the complex and food and drink is reasonably priced. The entertainment in the evening at the various venues was enough to satisfy the complete age range of my kids...no mean feat! The general manager Kevin was very visible and made us feel welcome - he is a major asset to the hotel! ....by the way I recently purchased my own hotel in the UK so it makes me look at everything critically! Well done all! Adrian

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Adrian P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Greek first
UK
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

we visited in june 2013 with our 18 month old. Flew BA which was easy and there was a transfer from the hotel waiting. We don't travel light and the car they sent was too small. No trouble as they had a larger minibus picking up other guests so our luggage went with them.

When we arrived our room was not ready as there was a problem with it. They were very good and complimented us lunch.

Rooms - The rooms are very nice and we had a garden with a view over the port. I would say they could do with a little more art on the walls. There is a sitting area where we had a cot, the cot was very nice and clean.

Service - The service is very good and staff are friendly, over the two week period we had little to complain about from a service perspective. The managers are always on hand to sort any problems out and keep an eye on things. They even came to personally say good bye, nice touch.

Kids club is great, our son was very happy there, we chose to put him in for the afternoons.

Food - The entire property is huge with loads of places to go and eat. I would not recommend all the restaurants though. The fine dining at the suites is very complicated food with an experimental edge that does not always work. The main restaurant in porto sani village was a wasted journey, felt like eating in an airport. We also found the Alexis taverna disappointing. The Macaroni italian was excellent as was See you up. Breakfast at the suites was great with good a la carte options.

Guests - we went in june before school holidays and found that 95% of the other guests were Russian. This was not a problem but i find they are not the friendliest of people and we did not mix with other families other than another English family.

Weather - lovely for the first 8 days then thunderstorms to rival any i have ever see including lightning that put the lights out.

Spa and Gym - both very good although a word of advice DO NOT GO to the gym or Spa in the main hotel, go to the one in the villages it is much nicer with less people and nicer staff.

Beeches - my advice is to stay away from the main hotel it is busy and crowded. There are lots of nice beaches however the suites one is massive and quiet, they also have a baby watch station.

Overall this is a very good location for a family holiday. Very good service, good food options, plenty to do and see. I can see why people go back although i think i will seek out other hotels as this does not present anything that is not entirely special.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank adlr
Germany
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Wonderful beach, nice setting, awesome food, great hotel facilities. But first of all fantastic staff, everyone going the extra mile in providing excellent and very friendly personal service. Congratulations to this motivated team, especially in the Water Restaurant with Asterios and his staff. We would love to come back and enjoy some more relaxing days of vacation here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kerstin K
Reading
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was our first visit to the Sani Asterias Suites and we were very impressed with the quality of the hotel, the staff and the service.

In truth, when staying at five star hotels that have a good reputation there is often very little to choose between them and faults tend to be "nit picking" and upsides tend to be based on personal preferences. What I would say, however, is that at this hotel the management are firstly very visible and secondly they have a "would you like me to sort/arrange that?" approach to their guests.

It has been mentioned many times that Kevin, the Hotel Manager, is excellent. I could not agree more with this and he clearly runs a very tight ship. I would also add that others are also very engaging, the front Desk Manager and the Restaurant Manager and generally all of the staff are keen to please. I would therefore say that in my opinion it is the service more than anything that makes this hotel stand out. The staff are all very friendly and seem to enjoy working and they all engage well with their managers - something you don't often see. Apart from one day when the chef at breakfast could be heard ranting and raving (for a long time!) I never heard or saw raised voices or unhappy staff.

If I was to "nit pick" I would say that the Wi-Fi is a bit hit and miss often dropping out during the day (although only momentarily). Although the Wi-Fi was free, as is quite common these days, I would have paid for an enhanced service above the minimum provided. I also think the bath towels could have been a bit bigger and better.

As I said the above are minor niggles and overall the hotel is one of the best I have stayed at. the location within the resort is excellent, the food fantastic, and overall the place is spotlessly clean, add to this a staff who really appear to enjoy their jobs and are keen to please and the result is a hotel deserving of its trip advisor status.

Room Tip: Personal Preference - Many people appear the beach views, I enjoyed the Marina view, I don't thi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank iipboss
Moscow
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had wonderful stay at Sani Asterias Suites. The breakfasts were beautifully set out, fresh and fast. This was the first time that I could have everything that I wanted to eat. There is simply no "No" to the guest. Chef and the Bar Manager really make you feel like your are their own guest and will take care of you throughout your stay. The beach was fantastic. Clean, service is above perfect, sunsets were stunning. Kids club and playground are really what your kids need and will love! Garden theatre with shows almost everyday. so many things to do that you don't have time to visit all :) I recommend this place without any hesitation!

Room Tip: Ask for Sea front villas upper rooms. you will be thrilled by the views from balcony.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank OygulMM
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We have been coming back to Asterias for the past 6 years every year except 2012. I was curious if things are so perfect as we left them in 2011. To my satisfaction (not surprise) the Sani Asterias suites just got even better and better. Renovated, super clean, well overstaffed - with the same amazing attention and care to detail the Hotel Manager and his team are always fond of.
Impressive food selection at breakfast, new renovated rooms, great beach and beach service, special light detox cuisine, lots of entertainment....worth to come back for ever.

Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Bose S
london
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Sani Asteria suites is the place to go with toddlers to have a fully relaxing family friendly holiday whilst not feeling like part of a toddler summer camp ! The beach is perfect for kids and the sea is warm, staff is so friendly that you feel in a fully staffed home after a couple days ... Yet restaurants, despite all having a kid's menu, are to die for ... For adults as well !(we liked in particular sea you a Japanese restaurant and Tomata but all restaurants there were well worth a visit... The kids club had super friendly staff and had our 18 months son happy to go after just a couple days thanks to Irini. Our room at sani Asteria was brilliant with marina view but just 50 meters from the beach. If it was not for the fact that my phone "disappeared" from our room one day and reappeared 10 days later in Russia where a member of staff apparently took it, which put a downer on our stay with a subsequent month of stress ... I would rate the whole experience as excellent all over!

• Stayed June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sani
Porto Sani
Achtis Hotel
#1 of 8 in Afitos
Acrotel Athena Pallas Village
Miraggio Thermal Spa Resort

Been to Sani Asterias? Share your experiences!