Sani Asterias
Hotel Argo(Siviri)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewswater restaurantkevin kainzhis teamnext yearthe general managerprivate beachstandard suitemarina viewthe hotel managernothing is too much troublebar manageryoung childrenfantastic holidayother resortsevery member of staffrooms are beautifulhighest standard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was our first visit to the Sani Asterias Suites and we were very impressed with the quality of the hotel, the staff and the service.

In truth, when staying at five star hotels that have a good reputation there is often very little to choose between them and faults tend to be "nit picking" and upsides tend to be based on personal preferences. What I would say, however, is that at this hotel the management are firstly very visible and secondly they have a "would you like me to sort/arrange that?" approach to their guests.

It has been mentioned many times that Kevin, the Hotel Manager, is excellent. I could not agree more with this and he clearly runs a very tight ship. I would also add that others are also very engaging, the front Desk Manager and the Restaurant Manager and generally all of the staff are keen to please. I would therefore say that in my opinion it is the service more than anything that makes this hotel stand out. The staff are all very friendly and seem to enjoy working and they all engage well with their managers - something you don't often see. Apart from one day when the chef at breakfast could be heard ranting and raving (for a long time!) I never heard or saw raised voices or unhappy staff.

If I was to "nit pick" I would say that the Wi-Fi is a bit hit and miss often dropping out during the day (although only momentarily). Although the Wi-Fi was free, as is quite common these days, I would have paid for an enhanced service above the minimum provided. I also think the bath towels could have been a bit bigger and better.

As I said the above are minor niggles and overall the hotel is one of the best I have stayed at. the location within the resort is excellent, the food fantastic, and overall the place is spotlessly clean, add to this a staff who really appear to enjoy their jobs and are keen to please and the result is a hotel deserving of its trip advisor status.

Room Tip: Personal Preference - Many people appear the beach views, I enjoyed the Marina view, I don't think there is a bad one!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank iipboss
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had wonderful stay at Sani Asterias Suites. The breakfasts were beautifully set out, fresh and fast. This was the first time that I could have everything that I wanted to eat. There is simply no "No" to the guest. Chef and the Bar Manager really make you feel like your are their own guest and will take care of you throughout your stay. The beach was fantastic. Clean, service is above perfect, sunsets were stunning. Kids club and playground are really what your kids need and will love! Garden theatre with shows almost everyday. so many things to do that you don't have time to visit all :) I recommend this place without any hesitation!

Room Tip: Ask for Sea front villas upper rooms. you will be thrilled by the views from balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank OygulMM
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We have been coming back to Asterias for the past 6 years every year except 2012. I was curious if things are so perfect as we left them in 2011. To my satisfaction (not surprise) the Sani Asterias suites just got even better and better. Renovated, super clean, well overstaffed - with the same amazing attention and care to detail the Hotel Manager and his team are always fond of.
Impressive food selection at breakfast, new renovated rooms, great beach and beach service, special light detox cuisine, lots of entertainment....worth to come back for ever.

Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Bose S
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Sani Asteria suites is the place to go with toddlers to have a fully relaxing family friendly holiday whilst not feeling like part of a toddler summer camp ! The beach is perfect for kids and the sea is warm, staff is so friendly that you feel in a fully staffed home after a couple days ... Yet restaurants, despite all having a kid's menu, are to die for ... For adults as well !(we liked in particular sea you a Japanese restaurant and Tomata but all restaurants there were well worth a visit... The kids club had super friendly staff and had our 18 months son happy to go after just a couple days thanks to Irini. Our room at sani Asteria was brilliant with marina view but just 50 meters from the beach. If it was not for the fact that my phone "disappeared" from our room one day and reappeared 10 days later in Russia where a member of staff apparently took it, which put a downer on our stay with a subsequent month of stress ... I would rate the whole experience as excellent all over!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was our second visit to Sani Asterias. We are a family of 4 with 2 girls aged 7 and 5.
We cannot speak highly enough of the staff and amenities at the hotel. The staff, at the hotel, restaurant, room service, pool, beach, and in the various restaurants at the marina, are all superb. We also used the Melissa kids club one afternoon and thought they were also excellent.
The activities in the resort are excellent with a lot for the children (when we could drag them away from the pool!)- we played tennis, used the bikes, went on the inflatables. We also have to make a special mention for the VIP yacht hire. John was an excellent skipper for the day. He allowed us all to have a go at sailing the boat and was very good with the children so we would highly recommend this.
Overall, we would have no hesitation in recommending Sani Asterias. A boutique hotel with superb service and a private beach but with a great range of activities and restaurants on your door step. What's not to like!
Brief note on transfer from airport which was mentioned by another reviewer. We had no issue with this: smart, comfortable Merc both ways with appropriate child seats as requested.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family