“Outstanding holiday destination”
Review of Sani Club

Sani Club
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Sani
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We have just got back from our second holiday at the Sani Beach Club, this time staying in a Junior Garden Suite. The bedroom had plenty of space with 2 young kids (aged 3 and 5). This was something I was concerned about beforehand (we stayed in the very spacious inter-connecting rooms last year) but I shouldn't have been as the Sani Beach Club is simply outstanding and I should have trusted them when they advertised the room as big enough for 2 adults and 2 kids. The Beach Club itself caters perfectly for families with young children - a great, safe beach, lovely kids' club, 3 wonderful restaurants (1 local-style Greek taverna, 1 smart beachside restaurant and 1 fab buffet with lovely food), 2 pools, play park and plenty of space around. The bigger hotel on the Sani resort has more to do (e.g. nightly theatre, bike hire) and would suit older children and couples better. The glamorous marina area is definitely a big plus, too. These facilities are easily accessible by a regular mini-coach service from the Beach Club.
What makes this a fabulous holiday, however, is the staff, for whom nothing is too much. Particularly Vangelis and Lia in Guest Services. I honestly wouldn't have come back for a second year if it wasn't for them as there are lots of holiday resorts within 3 hours of Gatwick, but I don't think many can match the standard of service provided by Vangelis and his team. Even though the Club was at full capacity during our stay (English half-term), the amount of space and continual cleaning makes it feel upmarket and uncrowded. I really would recommend this to anyone who wants to relax the minute the plane lands at Thessanoliki airport. This review almost sounds like a brochure description, but I genuinely can't recommend this place enough - we were very sad to leave (my 5 year old boy was in tears at the prospect of not being able to hang out with the uber-cool Club Car drivers who ferried us around the grounds!) and we will certainly go back again.

Room Tip: Some rooms are closer to the action, others are really nicely tucked away - worth stating a preferen...
2  Thank Jennifer D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,542)

Reviewed June 3, 2014

A great place to relax, a perfect resort. Love the spas and the Marina and i adore the cuisine. You should visit during the Gourmet Festival, because you'll try types of food that you've never tried before.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We spent 7 nights at Sani Beach Club last May and loved our time so much we booked 10 nights over the half term week this May. I was worried that our memories wouldn't live up to last years, however I need not have worried. The resort is beautiful - photos do not do the view over the Aegean sea justice. On a clear day you can see Mt Olympus and it really is stunning. The whole place is so clean, and the staff work tirelessly to ensure that its high standards remain throughout the day. I have traveled to many resorts that look very untidy come 5pm with litter etc. The beach area is by far our favorite place to be, however the pool is nice but being half term week it got busy quickly. The sea is perfect for little children (ours are 6 and 4) and shallow for a long way out so they can play safely. The loungers are really comfy and there is a super waiter service on the beach. We were on full board which was great as we were able to enjoy amazing lunches at Dunes, which is located just up from the beach. The fried squid and pork souvlaki is beyond good - I could honestly eat here every day and never tire of it.
The one tip I would give people is to book restaurants early. They get booked up quickly, so get in there on arrival. The buffet in Olympus restaurant is an option for those who enjoy open plan buffet eating (we really don't so we never chose to eat here bar the first night although the food is good and the kids love being able to go up and help themselves to all sorts). You cannot go wrong with Ouzerie (beach club one, we were not so impressed with the one at Sani Marina which is fine but just not at the same standard) and Dunes. The food is exceptional (honestly, it is just gorgeous) and the location is simply unbeatable in my mind with stunning sunsets. We got a babysitter one night and my husband and I went to the Japanese restaurant in the Marina - See You. The best Japanese food we have ever had (and we love our Japanese!). The Marina itself is beautiful with an array of boats that proves a very romantic backdrop for an evening dinner.
Some people have written negative reviews about the fact that it is a child friendly resort. If you look on the main Sani website, it clearly lists the hotel as "The Family One". If you travel at the beginning of the season before its gets really hot, there will be lots of families with little ones travelling before the weather becomes too hot in the summer months. So you can expect plenty of little ones enjoying their holidays with their parents - however there were also plenty of couples having an equally relaxing break from what I could see. All the children were polite and well behaved so I think the hotel strikes the perfect balance for all. If the presence of children would really affect your enjoyment of a holiday, then I would say perhaps the Asteria Suites may be more suited to you.
Savas, the hotel manager at Sani Beach club is always on hand and his presence around the resort is noted by everyone. When we had an issue with the air con in our room, Vangelis worked hard immediately to sort it out for us and even came to find us that evening while having dinner to let us know it was fixed and to apologise. Savas then came across and said the same - customer service at its best! The team here really do want you to have the best holiday and are an absolute credit to the owners of Sani. They work very hard, and when you think about how many guests they have staying at one time, it is a huge achievement. Other fabulous staff are Xenia and Andrei at Dunes, Maria at Ouzerie however all the staff helped make our stay great. We will be booking again for next year and counting down the days!

Room Tip: We like the 500's which are up the top of the hill, but out of the way.
3  Thank Kate&Ben
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Overall we had a lovely stay at the sani beach club, the staff were helpful and very kind (Diana in particular is awesome, service is excellent, and our children aged 1 and 4 had a great time at the kids club, on the playground etc. The manager Savas is excellent and always around. It is clearly very popular as it runs at near 100 percent occupancy the entire season (which we were amazed by having been built in 1970/80s for 2 of the 4 hotels). There are about 16 restaurants on site so lots of variety and as long as weather is good with a weeks stay you will not get bored. Beach and views and fauna all very pretty, beach is actually fantastic for children as they can walk out a very long way and very soft sand. If you are coming with your children even if you can afford Sani Asteria suites I'd take this hotel as it has a nice family feel. To be honest this hotel and even entire resort would be a nightmare if you came for a couples weekend. It is a family resort with kids everywhere. Also note sani beach club a bit far from marina and where rest of activity happening at night/tennis courts/bike rental so you have to take a shuttle bus for these activities.

Food - in general very good. We never did buffet dinner as hate the concepts. Hired a nanny each night and ordered kids room service which for two kids will cost you about 20 eur a night. Nanny came from kids club and knew our kids and was great (Georgia - ask for her!). Cost was 10 euros per hour which we found very reasonable. Highlight restaurants for us were tomata, ouzerie (our favourite, the best!), psy. Ouzerie, macaroni, and Ammos. Make sure you book all you non buffet dinners before you come to the hotel as they will be booked once you get there and reservations can be a bit of a nightmare. We only had lunch every day at dunes but it was great and nice atmosphere and beach setting. Breakfasts were good. Given it's such a family resort at restaurants I do think they should have has crayons and paper for kids to color on etc as no entertainment for them.

Rooms - we stayed in the interconnecting family rooms. The rooms for us were the low point of the resort. They have 3 steps on inside of room and with a 1 year old was a real problem as no stair gates etc so while in room we could never be more than about 2 feet from her. That being said i mentioned this to manager on my last day and he said they do have stair gates, so if you need one ask. Given they knew we had a 1 year old staying in our room from our booking and had a cot arranged odd they didn't think to offer it. Bathrooms were not particularly great (very basic) and rooms more of a 4 star hotel quality (though tastefully decorated in a new england style but a bit on a budget).

Kids club - good not amazing. Staff very nice but facilities quite 4 star, don't compare to scott dunn clubs at Anassa for example. No sleeping area with cots for little ones, they get rocked in a reclining buggy to sleep which is kinda annoying when you pay 50 eur a day (children under 4 cost 35 eur for 3 hours and 50 euros for 6 hours, those 4 and above are free). I think kids clubs are better for the older children who don't require naps. Note kids clubs are located in sani beach hotel and sani beach club, if staying at other two hotels you get me transported to one at sani beach hotel.

Hotel itself - this hotel and sani beach hotel were both built in 1970/ early 1980s and while they have been tastefully renovated inside and have nice restaurants built outside in great style and decor, it's kind of a shame they didn't take the hotels down and start all over when they renovated as they are a true eye sore. Spoiled an otherwise spectacular natural view and setting.

Comparing the resorts - we went for drinks at Sani Asteria suites as considered staying there when we booked. I think their room prices defy gravity (though never saw inside of a room). Maybe some will pay these prices (my friends who went in past with their kids say its now too expensive), and while I have paid this in past at other hotels, I think if I am going to pay 1000 eur plus a night I'd take my money to an aman (amanzoe for example which is outside athens) or hotel du cap in cap Antibes. i would not spend this money to essentially be in the middle of a dated looking family resort. While structurally much better looking than the Sani Beach Hotel and Club, I thought it lacked character and just lacked any vibe when we walked around it (i.e. empty, nobody was in pool etc!). We booked to do dinner there one night and cancelled as didn't want to be sitting at a restaurant where half the tables were empty. If I came as a couple I guess I'd stay here to get away from the kids but think if you are spending this sort of money go somewhere more special as mentioned above!
We also spent time at sani beach hotel and it's a bit of a monstrosity. Such an ugly 1970s tower albeit fairly nicely redone in inside. It just felt so massive, the pool area was retro and lacked the charm of the sani beach club. If choosing between Two can't imagine why you would chose it over sani beach club.
Didn't go to porto sani but no beach views from rooms (though they are meant to be nice)

In summary glad I went and saw it, we had a nice holiday and with my kids I was happy to be at sani beach club as where action is at for kids in a much nicer environment than sani beach hotel.

Would I return? For the price I think I am tempted to now try daios cove or romanos given they seem to have much nicer rooms and be more modern for roughly the same price (albeit you have to fly easy jet rather than Ba, bummer!). I might come back after trying these two as it was a nice holiday. However I would recommend it to those who haven't been, esp on may half term where there are few options short haul from London which are also warm and sunny. It ticks a lot of boxes.

Room Tip: get a room closer to pool if you have kids, rooms in 400s are at top and a bit of a schlep, that bei...
5  Thank MissLondon
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed 7 nights with our 2 children,everyone from the staff is trying to do their best. Olympus restaurant has very good quality of food and lot of choices for you and your kids.thanks Teo rest manager for take care of us.during the day we were around the pool(lot of kids) but staff there is always smiling ready to assist you with everything.our kid had a small accident and lifeguard came immediately to help us!we went also to champagne party on Sunday it was very nice,kids club had a party for our kids so we can stay around the bar to enjoy our fantastic cocktails!special thanks to Daria,Katerina and bar manager Vasilis who is has very good team there.Lunch time we tried Dunes superb food and dinner always ouzerie best mouzaka ever!!(thank you Maria) For the end we will thank Vangelis and Pavel from reception always there to help us!!We will come back!!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We had a fantastic 10 night stay at the Sani Beach Club in May. We were a couple travelling with two other couples, one of whom had a four year old. I really wouldn't pay too much attention to reviews telling you not to come here as a couple. There were quite a lot of children (especially under about 5 years old) but they were all very well behaved and many of them seemed to join the kids club during the day. This is not a cheap place to holiday so it's definitely no Butlins!

All the staff we met during our stay were amazing. A special mention must go to Vangelis and Savas who we're always on hand throughout the day should you have any questions. Vasilis and his team at the pool bar were fantastic and it was such a pleasure to meet them all. The pool mbar was a very cool place to hang out for drinks in the late afternoon!

We had a standard room which was absolutely perfect, quite spacious and had everything we needed. We honestly spent minimal time in our room anyway, Our friends had a family suite which was a little bigger with a bigger garden which I guess would be beneficial if you have kids as you can chill out in the garden while they nap.

It is true what people say about booking up restaurants in advance, if we were to go back I would take some time a few weeks before the holiday to book up restaurants before hand which saves a lot of time when you are there. The popular restaurants get booked up very quickly. We tried Dunes, Ozurie, Ammos, Grill by the Pool, Macaroni, See You Up and Artemis and they we're all fantastic. Some reviews I read said it was difficult understanding the Dine Around concept but I really do not understand that as it is fully explained when you arrive and it's definitely not rocket science!!

We used the spa during our stay and the treatments we're divine!

The White Party at the Sani Beach Hotel every Wednesday evening is a must try also!

We had a look around all the other Sani properties (Beach Hotel, Porto Sani and Artemis Suites) and they all looked very nice but we all agreed that they seemed to lack a certain atmosphere that the Sani Beach Club seems to have. It's a very friendly but professional place and customer service and satisfaction is obviously their main priority.

I would have no hesitations in recommending Sani Beach Club to couples, families, young or old as I think there is something for everyone here.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carla_Marc
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Savas and vangelis, what a team! You treated us like royalty and certainly made our holiday! You have a wonderful family friendly hotel in a beautiful location, your staff are very attentive and nothing is too much trouble, it is very apparent that your staff all enjoy their work and it is a pleasure to see. The dine around option comes highly recommended, I still think my favourite meal was in Dunes restaurant despite the thunder storm! And thank you Savas for the loan of your coat, very much appreciated! We also really enjoyed the wine tasting on our last day, wonderful Greek wines and a lovely end to our holiday!
I could go on but the previous reviews say it all, thank you Savas and vangelis your hospitality and kindness are outstanding, not to mention your attention to detail, I hope Mr Sani appreciates what an amazing team he has at the Sani Beach Club!
Room 128/448 Stowe

Room Tip: Lower numbers are closer to the facilities (100's)
Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sally W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sani
Sani Beach
Achtis Hotel
Achtis Hotel
#1 of 9 in Afitos
Miraggio Thermal Spa Resort

Been to Sani Club? Share your experiences!