“Best ever”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Sani
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Best ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from the most fantastic 2 week holiday ever. I know it has been said numerous times before in other reviews but Sani Beach Club really is something special.
Yes the food, location and rooms are top notch but it really is the staff that set this place apart from anywhere else I've been. They really can't do enough to help and take a personal pride in ensuring you have the best holiday possible. I could easily name check every employee as being brilliant but special mention has to go to Diana and Vangelis in guest relations. The way they fell for our toddler son really made our holiday. I also need to mention Nikos in the main buffet restaurant and Maria in the Ouzierie. The service and friendliness was fab.
Yes, the drinks are expensive at approx £5 for a beer or glass of wine, but what do you expect at such a great resort. I've paid more than that in bars in Edinburgh which don't come close in levels of service.
We were full board so felt it was easier to have our evening meals in the main buffet restaurant and use our dine around allowance at lunchtime. All the restaurants were great and the 20 euros each pretty much covered the food cost.
I could talk about this place forever, suffice to say I recommend it 100% and will definitely be going back next year.
Just before we went some poor reviews appeared which I questioned on the forum. All I can say is that they were either written by people who go through life constantly in a bad mood and looking to complain or if they had an axe to grind because they didn't get their way over something or other.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Maltwhiskylover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have just returned from this hotel and I am very angry and disappointed on the stay. I think I have been cheated. I did read all the excellent reviews before going and was anticipating a marvellous holiday but no it was not too be. I do not think it is a 5 star hotel and you do not get value for money. I paid for a room with a sea view but all we had was trees and a small amount of sun, very dark with the amount of trees. Best rooms are the lower numbered room from 200 downwards. I agree the food was excellent but then you do pay for this and drinks are very expensive. I found the staff and managers very false and only friendly towards certain people, I do not think my face fitted and found the reception staff very unhelpful. There is nothing to do at this hotel so you do rely on the weather and the walk along the beach is very misleading and so is the harbour area and walk to sani beach hotel. I did go in the other hotel sani beach and found the staff very warm and welcoming and they did provide us with information about the walks. I found the atmosphere at the hotel very strange and not like a holiday feel. Ladies be aware you do need flaties on this trip as there are lots of slopes and it does not mention this but then you do have the buggies to take you which do take a while to arrive. There is also no entertainment at the hotel which I find strange for a 5 star. I still do not understand why people would return to this hotel and would never rate it 5 star.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Shaz19561979
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

The food was fantastic ! the new dinner restaurant dunes nice food and nice ambient , room that we had was cleaned 2 time a day , you can not ask for more :-) rooms had nice light Greek colors and the view is amazing . Everybody from the maids till the managers where all ready to help with a big smile . thank you so much we will return next season !!

Bovingdon, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Beautiful place,blue sea golden sand,rooms clean and well furnished. The staff helpful and pleasant. Food plenty of variety for however young or old you are. Would definitely go back. The complimentary boat trip was a nice surprise and good fun for all.

Room Tip: All good rooms with golf buggy transport to all parts if needed.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Two weeks ago my daughter, granddaughter and I returned from Sani after our third annual holiday there. On returning to the UK, our attention was brought to a very damning review on Trip advisor, which made me feel as though my family had been physically attack, because that is what all the staff there make you feel - you are members of their family. I've waited to submit this, to give other visitors time to post their reviews and thank goodness they appear to concur with me. Sani Beach Club is stunning beautiful, relaxing, situated in glorious gardens and immaculatelyclean.Thank goodness others feel the same.
My personal thanks go to managers Savas, Vangelis, restaurant manager, Nikos plus waiter Marian, pool attendant Razvan, kids' club organiser, Donatos, Carl in entertainments, buggy drivers , but it is unfair to single out really, they are also good. I've just booked for next year!

Room Tip: If like me, you are getting on a bit, ask for a room with level access from the road.
3 Thank GrannyJo411
sussex,England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have just had one glorious week at this first class hotel.
We cannot rate the staff and services high enough. Everyone is so friendly and helpful and will go the extra mile to please you.
Wether you are a family or just a couple you all get the same respect from all the staff along with a smiling face.
Be it the staff in the ouzerie or the main buffet, guys on the beach and bars and reception you are all met with " how can we help " with a genuine manner.
Yes there are quite a few kids here but the majority of them are well behaved, after all it is a family hotel.
As a couple we still found space to ourselves especially in the evenings when most off the young ones went to bed early.
The dine around is not a problem just plan where and what to eat and you can stay within the allowance.
Ask at reception for menus for the restaurants then you can see the price of things
For the drinkers beer and a G&T about 15 euros and some quite good wines from around 20 euros .
Everywhere in this hotel is clean and well kept
Must mention Savas the manager who has a high profile around the hotel, very professional and a very friendly guy with all the staff and guests, say hi and have a chat to him.
Once again this is a first class hotel with first class staff and services
Will we go again?...... Try and stop us

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We've just returned for our second visit to Sani Beach Club (SBC). We can only describe it as the perfect place to take a family to for a relaxing and wonderful beach vacation. What makes SBC so terrific (in order of importance) is it's super friendly professional staff, the wonderful grounds, the beach and pool, the delicious food, the rooms, and just about everything else. Coming back for a 2nd time, we were treated as if we hadn't left for a year. Our twin boys had the time of their short lives. Vangelis, the Guest Manager couldn't have helped us more. One of my kids fell at the pool and injured himself. The entire Sani staff did all they can to assist. Vangelis was there all along helping with doctors, medicines and overall, ensuring that we got the best care for our child. A very big thank you to Vangelis !!! As for some of the other staff that made our stay the best: Savas who manages the entire resort was always there each day, ensuring that all was well and that we were receiving the best of service. It's great to see someone who is managing the resort day to day to be there for his guests. Vasilis who manages the pool bar was always helpful and friendly and did all he can to help us when our kid got injured. Nikos who runs the SBC main restaurant as well was always friendly and helpful and made our time in the restaurant something to remember. Maria who works in the Ouzerie restaurant (Greek Tavern) was the kindest person you'll ever meet and was terrific with out children. They have the best breakfast you could imagine in the perfect setting. Finally Donatus who works in the Melissa Club was the friendliest of faces when it came to watching after our boys. I write all of this as I wanted to remember everyone who did so much. As for the resort, it's always spotless, the grounds are immaculate and beautiful, the beach is perfect for children. The whole resort with shuttle bus system to the other areas works really well and it allows you to explore. Also the rides at night in their "club car" is always a highlight. If you go, you must go to the White Night Party at Bousoulas Beach Bar. I honestly cannot say enough positives of SBC. We will be returning once more next year hopefully. If we don't, my wife and kids won't be so happy with me !! Thanks again to the terrific staff who did all they could do to make our stay the best possible. This place is special.

2 Thank agrasso
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sani
Sani Beach
Possidi Holidays Hotel
Possidi Holidays Hotel
#1 of 3 in Possidi
Pomegranate Wellness Spa Hotel

Been to Sani Club? Share your experiences!