“Fantastic location, excellent food, great staff, an unforgetable weekend”

Golden Star City Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Peraia
Craiova, Romania
“Fantastic location, excellent food, great staff, an unforgetable weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights (April 30-May 2, 2010). It was a great weekend. We highly recommand this hotel. Everything is great: the location, just in front of the sea, near local restaurants, great food (see the homemade cookies at breakfast), great staff, comfortable room. The sea is absolutly fanstantic, a very relaxing atmosphere. Our room, a very modern suite of 30m2 with was just perfect for our stay. The hotel is located a few kilometers from the Mall Mediteranean Cosmos, Magic Park, and Waterland. In our word: a fantastic location for all travellers.
Anca, Romania

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
GoldenStarHotel, Director of Marketing, Sales & P.R. at Golden Star City Resort, responded to this review, May 13, 2010
Dear Anca,

I'm always thrilled to read reviews like this and I do appreciate the time you 've taken to share your comments online. The staff is also delighted to hear that you had such a perfect stay with us. We 're all devoted to making your experience a memorable one and we really look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Director of Marketing, Sales & P.R.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Thunder Bay, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2010

I was in Greece with a church group and stayed two nights at the Hotel Golden Star. The decor of the hotel was quite trendy and comfortable, but unlike our Athens hotel, we had to get our own bags to our room...not a big deal, but when 42 people are trying to use the one elevator, some creativity is required. The hotel provided us with breakfast and dinner. The meals were served buffet style and were good - not great, but good. The rooms were clean, comfortable, reasonably sized and we slept quite well. From our balcony, we had a partial sea view. On the first night, the sea was quite rough and we left the window open so that we could hear it. The board walk outside the hotel was charming and perfect for an after dinner stroll. But, if you are looking for "action" or to be in the "downtown area", then this hotel is not for you. It is at least 20 minutes from the downtown area. I was glad that we had a bus driver and that I was not trying to find it on my own - I don't read Greek. But, if you want a comfortable hotel on the sea, then this one might be for you.

• Stayed April 2010
GoldenStarHotel, Director of Marketing, Sales & P.R. at Golden Star City Resort, responded to this review, May 10, 2010
Dear ThunderBay-Traveller,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate very much that you have taken the time to let us know about your experience at Golden Star Hotel. I am truly glad to hear that besides our one elevator you had a really pleasant vacation and enjoyed your time in our hotel. We do apologize if we let you down on carrying your bags to your room. Although our hotel does not offer porter service, our staff is always happy to provide the elderly with assistance and go the extra mile when needed.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2010

Absolutely fine, great location right on seafront and 8km from airport. Sheets (Egyptian cotton) in our room were EXTREMELY comfortable.

Bathroom a let down - rubbish weak shower - for hotel of this price.

Buffet breakfast excellet, except the fact that they sneekily try and get another €4 (yes, 4 (--) euros!) for a cappuccino!

Reception area & restaurant v trendy but corridors and rooms still very 80s!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
GoldenStarHotel, Director of Marketing, Sales & P.R. at Golden Star City Resort, responded to this review, April 15, 2010
Dear jeveuxdusoleil,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback so we can address the issues A.S.A.P.

I'm glad you enjoyed our completely rerenovated rooms, restaurant, bar, lobby & reception. I must say that the renovation process is not quite finished as we are also planning to renovate our 44 bathrooms in the near future.

My team and I have taken your comments to heart and we really hope to have you back with us soon.

Kind regards,

Budapest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2010

We came from Hungary with two kids (6 and 2). First of all, the staff was very helpful in reserving a room and also arranging our car rental. The hotel is near the airport and far enough from the capital, however, close also on the highway to sights and the Magic Park (and the Cosmos Mall). During our stay, the staff was again very kind, the services good and correct, and the hotel facilities are clean and comfortable. One remark though: I think the old style furniture of the large suite does not fit the overall trendy and modern style of the entire hotel. But that was a minor problem. And maybe the bathrooms could be bigger but again, that is because the two kids needed much room. Anyway, overall this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
GoldenStarHotel, Director of Marketing, Sales & P.R. at Golden Star City Resort, responded to this review, March 30, 2010
Dear drkiss,

Wow! I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I'll make sure to pass your fantastic comments to the rest of the team. Hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Thessaloniki, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2010

I choose this hotel from the internet an i think that this is one of the best i ve ever been.
The photos in the website are 1000% true and show the reality
One thing is for sure
I will be back soon

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
GoldenStarHotel, Director of Marketing, Sales & P.R. at Golden Star City Resort, responded to this review, March 18, 2010
Dear TasPol,

I'm truly delighted to read your great review of Golden Star Hotel. We work very hard on a daily basis to make our guests happy and I'm so glad the results are showing. Do visit us again soon.

Tirana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2010

The personnel was always available and very useful to me.
The hotel is in a very nice region and has a very nice landscape!
Great deal for a double room!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
GoldenStarHotel, Director of Marketing, Sales & P.R. at Golden Star City Resort, responded to this review, February 2, 2010
Dear tiranajone,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Golden Star Hotel.

It really makes our day when we get such a great review. Your kind words will help boost our team's morale big time!

Hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Trieste, italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2010

This is my second stay at the Golden Star (the first one in December 2009), I thought I wait a bit before writing up the review to get a better impression of the situation. After my first visit I was enthusiastic, the staff was very kind and helpful, the rooms were spacious and comfrotable. These impressions were riconfermed during my second visit. The hotel is clean and the rooms have a splendid view on the gulf. I was there during wintertime and it was all very quiet. The hotel is few meters away from the sea. If you open the window you can hear the gentle sound of the waves breaking. It is just fantastic, you can stare at the open sea while sitting drinking a beer (or your drink of choice). Top experience, very relaxing. It is very convinently priced for what you get.
Location not far from the airport (by taxi between 14 and 18 Euros, depending on trafic).
If I go there again I'll definitly going to stay at Golden Star.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank coatto
GoldenStarHotel, Director of Marketing, Sales & P.R. at Golden Star City Resort, responded to this review, January 20, 2010
Dear Coatto,

This is trully an outstanding review and I can't thank you enough for your most kind words!

It is so nice to receive such great feedbacks from our guests and that's what we all work for anyway...to make our guests happy!

I really hope to see you again soon!

Director of Marketing, Sales & P.R.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peraia
Royal Hotel
#1 of 60 in Thessaloniki
Santa Beach Hotel
Santa Beach Hotel
#3 of 3 in Agia Triada

Been to Golden Star City Resort? Share your experiences!