“very nice hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Agria
thessaloniki
“very nice hotel”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband, my 3 year old daughter and I stayed at this p for a weekend during May 2012. The hotel is new, clean and our superior room with sea view was very big and spacious. All the staff were very polite and willing to help, extremely the receptionist. The only thing we didn't enjoy was the mosquitos that made our night sleep hard. Also, the food at the pool bar was just ok and I believe they can improve it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with sea view and I strongly suggest superior room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dremland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Athens
Reviewed March 22, 2012

The hotel is well situated and of good quality but not exceptional. Equally not exceptional (at all) but still very expensive are the three restaurants. Staying there means that you are both very close to the amenities of a city (Volos) and also to the picturesque villages of Pelion. In addition you are staying in a hotel which provides ample common areas and some office services. The room was clean and appropriate but the idea of a heating/cooling system that is pointed directly on your bed is not brilliant since you feel uncomfortable after a while! The exterior is not very quiet since the hotel is surrounded by two main roads but is clean with a large pool and close to the beach. People working there are obviously trying hard to satisfy all needs and demands but they seem kind of uninspired and unsatisfied with their job and that is a management problem since they have to stand up for a concept of running this hotel which is a bit odd. It seems that the management has chosen to charge very high prices for all facilities with no aparent reason and that hinders a lot the sense of hospitality you expect from a hotel, especially when it identifies itself as a 5star resort! The main reason I wouldn't go again there, it is because I didn't feel comfortable with the way they treat their guests, impose hidden costs and fool you with typicalities (for example when they say heated interior pool they mean room temperature, which in March was below 15 degrees). In addition, to my opinion, it is impolite to request full prepayment before check-in.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank spirot69
Athens, Greece
Reviewed January 16, 2012

For winter holidays we planned a trip to Volos, great place with a lot of alternative solutions. We choose Valis because its only 5km away from the town centre and 20 min away from Chania ski resort. The Hotel had all the comforts and surely delivered what it was promised, large rooms, excellent king size bedding (sleep was incredible), tsipouradiko restaurant (volos traditional food) with fresh fish a lot of wine and at least 15 different courses, Italian and Mediterranean cuisine, good service, free wifi and parking.
During our stay we combined skιing, trekking and nightlife. Mountain Pilio landscapes are ideal and there are many old stone paths and interesting trails which connect the mountain villages with the tiny settlements at the seaside. Ski resort offers a unique experience where you can watch Aegean sea will skiing. Every day we had something interesting and new to explore.
Our 4 day stay seemed to be short, we will stay again during summer holidays this time to check hotel spa and the great beaches of Pilio.
We definitely recommend the place and Valis resort.
Breakfast needs a little improvement.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Giorgos T
Khalkis, Greece
Reviewed January 6, 2012

The hotel was very impressive and new but the service was incomplete. It was visible everywhere the big effort of the owners to minimise the cost. We have arranged to stay in a Superior Sea View room bud although the hotel was empty they gave us a simple view mountain room.The breakfast was so poor and the quality in no case for a 5 stars hotel!!! When i asked for a tea they told me that have just given the last one and we were no more than 10 persons for breakfast. The internal pool and the spa was out of service when arrived and the staff confirmed us that it works next day, of course the pool was out of service all days during our stay . The gym was good bud closed the most of day. This hotel is not value for money.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank nana_pak
greece
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We went to Valis resort in Agria of Volos town for three days getaway.
My family and a friendly one took part in this excursion.
The family suite we had rent was big and sufficient.The beds had big and comfortable mattresses as well as the sofa's one.
The breakfast was fine,and the dinner also,but not as reach variety as i expected for a five stars hotel.
It was settled in a beautiful area by the sea,beside a grafical port full of fish taverns.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank GreeceKos
Greece
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I feel displeased to criticize so badly one of my country's hotel but I think it was the worst experience I ever had as a matter of really irresponsible treatment and behavior.
The resort is situated in Agria, 6 km far from Volos town.During summer Agria is possibly a nice place to stay,swim and explore Pilio but in late autumn and winter is rather remoted,especially at night.So I advise you to stay in Volos if you wish to visit Pilio.
As a traveller of a 3 day organised tour of Pilio,this hotel was our only choice.I also note that I payed extra money for a sea view twin room and I was assured that it was booked as I asked.
When I arrived things changed because a client ahead us demanded a room in 2nd floor and the very rude young lady in reception trying to avoid her complaints offered our twin room without counting us.We complained too because room was double(I was travelling with my sister).Her reaction was silence and smile.The same we met to her fellow colleagues,one of them I recognize tried to find a solution.We finally settled to the room which was originally for us after 2 hours delay,without an apology.Warming pool's system was out of order.
Keep on mind that I'm Greek,so there is no communication problem I booked via to greek travel agency,with a greek group leader present.I wonder if I was a foreigner,booking via internet which would be their behavior?The thing that bothered me was that receptionists kept smiling during all of this and seemed to enjoy my adventure.
Hotel is luxurious but only this.Bedrooms are comfortable-ours was medium in size-but facilities as jacuzzi is paid extra 15 euro.
First day's breakfast and dinner was horrible,second one's improved but moderate.Prices were extremely high compared what they offered.
Perhaps my experience with the receptionists influenced my opinion but I heard complaints from many other guests.
Definitely not a 5 star hotel!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank JoannaK
Helsinki
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We spent 10 days there and it was a real holiday. Rooms are excellent and swimming pool very good as well. Hotel is situated just by the coast and next to many nice dining places. As we had our own car it was good to have a free parking and easy to reach places from this hotel. Breakfast was really abundant with a lot of different kind of things.
Excellent choice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Marja K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Agria
Domotel Xenia Volos
#1 of 12 in Portaria
Hotel Despotiko
Hotel Despotiko
#7 of 12 in Portaria

Been to Valis Resort? Share your experiences!