See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Let me start by thanking the Host - Nathallie... An American lady living the French Life!
As an Hotel with character I would say it's hard to beat!
From it's themed bedrooms in rich deep colours... To a bed that's soft ... Squeaks at the merest hint of L'amore !!! It was too damn hot anyway the week we had in the region...
I cannot express adequately just how good and welcoming Nathallie is... It's a beautiful thing!
Laiyla is Nathallie's daughter and made us both Loom Bands.. And the Vietnamese Pot Bellied Pig on the roof is a character on his own.
I would quite happily have stayed a while longer.. I have since moved up to Poitiers to a Beautiful XIV Chateau.. Stunning.. But not La Dolce Vita !
Try it and Love It !

Stayed: August 2014
LaDolceVitaAzille_FR, Owner at La Dolce Vita, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

What a week - Thank you so much Nigel & Chrissie. We couldn't have asked for better guests who we have become friends with...It was truly our pleasure to have you in our home and to share a bit of our life with you. This is what "the sweet life" is all about...thanks again and we hope to see you very soon,

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed one night last week on a tour of the area and I received a warm welcome from Natalie, the owner, and her daughter Laiyla. The old house is nicely decorated and eclectic which makes it very interesting. The Safari room was fun to be in with its bathroom nearby. Dinner was home made and very enjoyable. I was able to sleep with the window open, the bedding was quite comfortable, and breakfast was just right. If you are looking for a nice and unpretentious place to stay at while touring the area, La Dolce Vita is a great option. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
LaDolceVitaAzille_FR, Owner at La Dolce Vita, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Thank you so much Xavier - we enjoyed meeting you and sharing our life here in Azille, the South of France, with you.

We look forward to your next visit - Natalie & Laiyla!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed here during the 3rd week of May, 2014 while cycling routes I have designed for SOUTH OF FRANCE: A BICYCLE YOUR FRANCE GUIDEBOOK. The studio was very comfortable and roomy. It also turned out that being in the exceptional village of Azille was an added bonus. It is close to good super marches, fuel stations and weekly morning markets.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
LaDolceVitaAzille_FR, Owner at La Dolce Vita, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thanks Walter for visiting us last week - it was a pleasure to dine with you and find out all about your cycling books. We look forward to reading about our wonderful region on 2 wheels from your perspective and hope to welcome many cyclists who want the same experience - a bientot,

Reviewed January 20, 2014

A friend and I stayed with Natalie recently. Her warm and welcoming manner was a delight, as were the rooms and the house itself. It's a very old house with lots of surprising nooks and crannies. Natalie has decorated it beautifully with an eclectic mix of bohemian and varied styles which we loved. Her daughter Laiyla is also a delight, and made sure we were entertained. Natalie shared her local knowledge of walking, cycling, wine tasting, history and shopping. Lovely stay and highly recommended for exploring this lovely corner of France.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
LaDolceVitaAzille_FR, Owner at La Dolce Vita, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you so much Yvonne and Sandy for your visit - we enjoyed meeting you both and sharing our little corner of France with you.

Looking forward to your next visit to our amazing area and to La Dolce Vita,

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had a magical, perfect stay at La Dolce Vita last July!
I came for 6 six days to do a personal retreat. I took the apartment, which was a perfect space, with a large fully equipped kitchen, a lovely specious living room which is open to the bedroom. It even had a big writing desk - what more could one want!

The hosts, Natalie and her daughter Laiyla, were like family. I have very special eating requirements, and Natalie was so kind to suggest doing the shopping for me in the nearby town so I can focus on my retreat. Laiyla is very sweet and would occasionally pop her head in to say hi, but otherwise I was left all the space and time I needed. It was absolutely perfect.

The village is a magical place and there is tons to see and do around it. Since I came to retreat, I mostly took walks in the vineyards or explored the village with its medieval churches, water springs and narrow alleys. My favourite was the 14th century stone statue of the Virgin ("Notre Dame de la Santé") at the church - beautiful!

All in all - it was just great. It was hard to go back home at the end..!
I wholeheartedly recommend the Dolce Vita to everyone.
You'll love it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
LaDolceVitaAzille_FR, Owner at La Dolce Vita, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Sari,

thank you for your very kind words - we will always remember your stay here, as you were the perfect guest...one that becomes a friend. We look forward to your next retreat in Azille!

La Dolce Vita