“I paid 16 dollarsfor this crap?”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Vic Hislop's Shark Show - CLOSED

Vic Hislop's Shark Show
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“I paid 16 dollarsfor this crap?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Old. Stinks. Over priced. Not worth it. You can see a movie for this price. I think 2 bucks should be enough

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Kevin L

Surfers Paradise, Australia
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Disturbing and disgusting!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

This is one place we have well and truly regretted visiting!
Although we had a rough idea of the ideas and thoughts of Vic Hislop, we still visited the museum to see what it was like.
Visually, newspaper articles are posted everywhere, and most signage is handwritten in a marker! It all looks very dated and unimpressive.
The poor frozen Great White shark, which is meant to be a draw card, is now a shrunken smelly mess! There are a multitude of air freshener sprays going off at regular intervals, but the smell is quite strong - decaying shark!
Most disturbing of all was the content of the museum. Sensationalised scaremongering describes it best! The man has collated a list of every death that has occured in or near the ocean for the last 50 years, and has attributed them all to shark attack!
The truth is vague, and Vic's maniacal and paranoid ramblings about sharks and their viciousness is never ending! Numerous televisions with looped DVD's running pound through your ears, and everywhere else you can read what he's saying!
The sad thing is that the staff believe the propaganda, and in turn so do many guests. This museum is not educational at all, and is completely damaging in the false information it promotes. I would recommend NEVER going there and giving your hard earned money to this disgrace.
Oh, and where was Vic when we came? On a shark hunting trip!!

Visited August 2014
5 Thank Dive G
Brisbane, Australia
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Gory and one-sided - not suitable for children”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

The place looked interesting from the outside, and my 8 year old son wanted to visit. We paid to get in - we didn't have much time, so the girl kindly charged us 1/2 price, which was nice of her. Once inside, your are assaulted with numerous gory pics, bloody butchered sharks everywhere and an megalomaniac justifying his blood lust for killing this amazing creatures and demonising them. My 8 year old was traumatised and in tears, and we had to leave quickly. Disgusting, in this day and age Vic Hislop, you're a nut job, and we ain't buying it, sorry.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Vixster66
Tamborine Mountain, Australia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“What the?!! Disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

My hubby & I checked out the front & he entered & I stayed in the car reading. Why? Because I respect animals, even sharks, & this 'attraction' was really just a glorified egotists' rant about sharks. And how he's slaughtered them. And how they are gunning for every innocent in the great wide oceans. Does he understand that an animal will follow it's instincts? He's following his after all through this bizarre pet project, & profiting from it. Obviously he had a traumatic childhood whereby he was forced to sit & watch 'Jaws' repeatedly or god knows what[?]. As a Queenslander visiting I reflected on the nature of this...joke & feel so embarrassed to think of international tourists wanting to kill some time & thinking this man is indicative of who we are. Anyhow I second several other great reviews & part of me does wish he would meet a just & fitting end via the shark's jaws. If I haven't made it obvious, don't go! [Hubby regretted it, said it should be run from his back shed for his buddies only over beers, -I bit back my "I told you so" as he'd obviously been through enough].

Visited July 2014
4 Thank Carebear79
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Can't give no stars?!?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Went round in 2006, delighted to see a shark exhibit but deeply regret going in. It may have changed but I genuinely felt upset the more I saw. Sensationalist, one sided scaremongering in my opinion. Great white in the freezer at the end was just so sad. Disappointed I gave this company / man a cent of my money or a second of my time.

Visited September 2013