“Nice view”
Review of Cafe Balaena

Cafe Balaena
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Urangan
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: What other Hervey Bay cafe can offer you the stunning views over the Marina to Fraser Island? At night you can enjoy the beauty as the moon rise over the water or see the raw power of nature as storms light up the sky over Fraser Island. Whether you choose to come for breakfast, lunch or dinner you will be able to choose from an extensive menu that showcases the freshest and finest ingredients that Hervey Bay and the Fraser Coast has to offer. We cater for all tastes and all dietary requirements. No matter what time you choose to visit Cafe Balaena you will always find the atmosphere to be relaxed and easy going. Soft music in the background ... warm sun and gentle breezes in summer ... cozy warmth on our cool winter nights ... and the very best that Hervey Bay has to offer ... you simply won't find a cafe with a better atmosphere in Hervey Bay.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My sister & I, plus my 4 year old son went there for lunch. We didn't order much only a couple of salads, fresh juices, and mini lasagna for my son. When I got the bill for it whoa! Very expensive! about $70 just for lunch! Almost cost me an arm and a leg! I don't think I'll be going there for lunch again considering the price was way too high. Also the decor for the cafe was way too much I could hardly move.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,318)

Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Such a busy little cafe but the food is outstanding, had a party of seventeen including children, was a great event, only shame was the time it took to take orders and then how long it took to serve the meals, waitresses were hard to come by, but we were very impressed by the quality and presentation of each dish, would definantly return as the meals were good size and absolutely scrumptious, must thank Dean for his wonderful presentation of the birthday cake, cheers mate

Reviewed September 29, 2012

great food, quick service. Tried to make a reservation for Friday night...was told they don't make reservations (I knew that was wrong). Was told to arrive with my party and wait to be seated. When we arrived..... they asked if we had a reservation!!! Other than that hiccup... good food good service.
Four in the party all with diffferent orders all said excellent.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We had coffee and cake here which were very tasty. Our daughter loved her Baci Mousse Cake. It was very pleasant sitting looking over the marina. Had a quick look at the menu and all of the meals sounded great. If we had more time in Hervey Bay we would of had a meal there.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

A little pricey but the food was good and so was the serve size. Had good opening hours and the view was gorgeous. The sevice was also very good and helpful.