“Where are the staff????”

Kondari Resort Hervey Bay
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Urangan
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I pulled up to the reception, door was open, a jacket on the chair, but nobody at the desk. I rang the bell...waited about 10 minutes, continuously ringing the bell. Then I picked up the phone outside reception, to hear the phone IN reception ring. After letting it ring for a long time, I hang up and about to go in search for someone when a girl finally appears and checks us in. I go to the room, to find they haven't given us the right room that I booked. We went back to reception, to find someone else trying to check in, and again no one at reception. I show her to just pick up the phone outside, the only way you can get their attention. The manager came out this time, booked the lady in, then dealt with me, practically saying it was my fault they put me in the wrong room, and I'm going, um...no...you see I booked online, I have a family room ordered with bunk beds, it's in writing. They had upgraded me apparently, but the room was worse than the cheaper one, having one less bed! Big difference was no TV in the room we paid for, just in house movies. I didn't really care, although when we did go to watch a movie, it wasn't on! The room itself is very dated, but clean. My son didn't want to use the shower as he thought was 'grubby' I told him it's just old. I must admit, the shower was powerful and the best shower I had so far in this country. (So old, the heads haven't been changed to energy saving lol). We did sleep incredibly soundly as very quiet so that was a bonus. For $70 for a family room (cheapest on my travels) can't really complain about the room. But they really need to buck up on getting more staff!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sammytoucan
There are newer reviews for Kondari Resort Hervey Bay

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I attended this hotel for a wedding. First of all, I waited 10 minutes at reception constantly ringing the bell for service. Nobody came so I called the number, the manager answered and I told him I was attempting to check in. He very rudely said to me there was a phone at reception I could ring. That was where I had called, as the phone rang right in front of me. We were then given a crappy room, no apology for the wait at all. When we got to room, the hygiene seal was on the toilet however there was an unflushed toilet, paper still in the bottom. The "heater" didn't work, only blowing cold air. I would suggest finding somewhere else to stay! 4 star pfffft!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Jasongambier
Kondari-Hotel2011, Front Office Manager at Kondari Resort Hervey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Hi,
Sorry about the delay in replying to your comment. I do remember your stay and I believe all these issues were addressed/resolved and you were given an upgrade to a Garden Room.

I do apologize if your stay wasn't a happy one. we do hope that you will return to our resort so we can rectify these problems

Ayla Cables

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Konari Hotel is a Budget style of meal with serve yourself Salad & Hot Vegetables, the pricing is around $15.oo per meal with some a touch more, but we have found Value for the Budget Meal.

They have an array of sporting clubs attached to the Hotel with Budget accomadation, but I have not stayed there myself.
I have spoken to others in the region who have said it to be quite acceptable and convenient.

Room Tip: do not think that because it is not advertised heavily that Value is not there.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Service very poor here. Desk with nobody at it, no pick up, we waited and then got a taxi, rushed off their feet doing too many things!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 15, 2012

A really good experience even though bad weather and threats of cyclones which did not happen .

1.The room was what ordered

2.During a months trip to australia I felt this was one of the cheaoest places I stayed but that I met some real Autralian people both as staff and customers in bar/breakfast . A credit which shamed other more glamourous names

3.Breakfast was excellent value

4.Satff tried to help with impact of road closures

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Larry M
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Stayed overnight on business a couple of weeks ago and could not have asked for more,room was clean and being able to park right outside the door was a bonus.When you are on the road working it is great to be able to find somewhere you can park the car and walk fifty metres to have a beer and dinner.they have a reps package $110 which includes room dinner a cooked breakfast and even a free beer or soft drink.the food was great steak cooked to perfection and the salad bar was all you needed.Breakfast is NOT buffet style but is cooked for you whilst you enjoy a newspaper coffee or fresh juice.overall a great stay and I would thoroughly recommend to anyone.I stayed wednesday night so cannot comment on weekends.

Room Tip: ask for Repamania if there on business
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Family of four (mum, dad and two teenage boys) stayed for one night in their budget room in January. We arrived just after midnight but were greeted with enthusiasm even that late. Check in in was swift and simple and being tired after the flight from NZ and the 4 hour drive from Brisbane we all tucked into bed within 10 minutes as we had to get up early to head to Bundaberg next morning. The room was compact and clean but still had a Queen bed and two singles which was ideal just for a few hours sleep. There was no AC but the floor standing fan kept us cool during the night. Bathroom/toilet facilities were ample and the kitchen had tea/coffee facilities only with a supply of beverages and milk. Our stay was very short (only 6 hours at most) so cannot comment on other facilities within the resort. Overall it was value for money accommodation as A$60.00 per night for a family of four is hard to get in peak season.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urangan
Mantra Hervey Bay
Hervey Bay Motel
Hervey Bay Motel
#14 of 23 in Hervey Bay
Oceans Resort & Spa Hervey Bay

Been to Kondari Resort Hervey Bay? Share your experiences!