The Butterleigh Inn
Padbrook Park Hotel(Cullompton)(Great Value!)
$81
$54
Agoda.com
Best Western Tiverton Hotel(Tiverton)(Great Value!)
$111
$78
$102
$99
Travelocity
Gipsy Hill Hotel(Exeter)(Great Value!)
$98
$96
Travelocity
Holiday Inn Express Exeter(Exeter)(Great Value!)
$105
$87
$94
$84
Premier Inn Exeter (M5 J29)(Exeter)(Great Value!)
$79
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe pubsunday lunchmattlandladycarverydogsvegmeatschips
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The Butterleigh Inn is a brilliant country pub. It's full of locals, all of whom made us feel very welcome. The owners are very friendly and helpful. Our dinner was excellent, as was the full English cooked breakfast the following morning. I would thoroughly recommend a visit!

Room Tip: All four rooms are separate to the pub. Our room was excellent. Had a quick look at another one, which looked just as good.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carroll64
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My family are fortunate enough to live near to the Butterleigh and, although I've now moved abroad, on trips home I make dinner at the Butterleigh a priority!
I haven't stayed in their rooms, but the bar and restaurant areas are fantastically welcoming with the log fire and cheerful service from Jo and Matt. The bar is always full of local regulars, I'm told the real ales are brilliant and I can definitely attest to the good wine selection, which is all reasonably priced.
On my last trip back a group of six of us went for dinner and everyone was thrilled with their meals, I had the steak and ale pie which was delicious (and drew envious glances from my boyfriend). Portions are generous, fairly priced and they have daily specials.
The Butterleigh is hugely popular with visitors and locals alike and as soon as you pay them a visit it is very obvious why. The pub is integral to the local community and I love the fact that (well-behaved) dogs are welcome. The Butterleigh represents what all small, local inns should strive towards, really good beers and excellent, unpretentious food in a lovely setting.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Originally from Cullompton, I used to visit the pub on the way home and always found it to be a friendly & chatty pub with good beer and great food. I've always loved their ploughman's lunch in the beer garden in summer (if you don't mind the friendly wasps).
Now living in Australia, I alway pop in there for a meal and a couple of beers.
This is one of the places I miss in England.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Thank you very much for making us feel so welcome when we came for lunch the other weekend - the food was first class. Although we were from out of the area we didn’t feel like strangers it was though as it was our own ‘local’. Thank you again - we will have no hesitation in recommending you to anyone who may be travelling to your area and needless to say we will be back!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Many visits to this pub to eat when I am in Devon to visit family nearby. This is the kind of pub I would want to have within walking distance of my own home. Everything is just right and the pub looks after visitors as well as locals. I love sitting in the bar area, its relaxing at the end of a hard weeks work. Food is always very good.

Stayed: March 2012