Les Herbes Folles - Maison d'hotes
$110
$102
Comfort Hotel Airport CDG(Le Mesnil-Amelot)
$47
$143
Travelocity
$109
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Paris CDG Airport(Roissy-en-France)
$111
$85
  • Restaurant
All reviewscharles de gaulleplace to stayan early morning flightles herbes follesspent one nightclose to the airporttiny villagefarm buildingscdgfrancefurnishingseuro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 11, 2012

We prepaid, as required. On arrival, we did not get the room that I had booked; the room we got had not been dusted for a while, and the carpet was very dirty. The building itself was charming enough, though, and we were greeted well. The site suggests that 'table d'hôte' is available, one of the main reasons that I had booked it. However, even though I had emailed them three weeks before our arrival requesting it, I never got an answer. When I called two days ahead to book dinner again (as the website suggests), the response was 'it will be difficult', no explanation given. It did look to me like they run three buildings on the same property, not one, as you would expect with a 'chambre d'hôte'. That may explain why they cannot offer dinner. In the morning, there was no hot water in our building, and even though there was obviously hot water in the other buildings, their solution was to bring us hot water in a kitchen pot. There was no talk of a refund, or even a rebate, and as we had prepaid, there was also no recourse. Would not recommend and would never go back. We have had wonderful experiences in other real 'chambre d'hôte' - skip this one.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RFAdl
Reviewed December 11, 2011

My husband and I were looking for a hotel near the airport to stay at and came across Les Herbes Folles on booking.com. We stayed in Paris for eight days, then Rome for five days, and flew back to CDG for a one night stay prior to flying back to Miami. We had never stayed at a bed & breakfast before, but the price was so good (100 Euros) and the cheapest in the vicinity, so we booked it. I'm so glad we did because it was exactly what we were looking for. We didn't have a very welcoming and hospitable experience in Paris and Les Herbes Folles was the complete opposite. When we booked, we noticed the check in time was 6pm. Since we were flying in from Rome at 12:20pm, we contacted Jerome, the b&b owner, and with no fuss, he provided us with an early check in at 1:30pm. He is fluent in English so it was very easy to speak on the phone and communicate via email.
On arrival via taxi, I was a bit scared because the outside surroundings of the b&b look a bit run down, but it's a barn. Jerome was waiting for us and helped us with all our luggage. He welcomed us with a very friendly smile and led the way inside the b&b. Let me tell you that when I walked into the b&b, all my fears disappeared. Everything was so beautiful inside. Not even a little spec of dust was to be seen. You walk in and feel so warm and safe. The b&b consists of two floors. First floor has the dining room for breakfast and further down is the living room with a fireplace, small television and entertainment area. Second floor has the dormitories. Jerome showed us to our dormitory and we were so happy with the presentation. We are all about presentation and cleanliness. We left our big pieces of luggage downstairs and Jerome assured us they would be perfectly safe. Our room had a great view of the backyard. The lawn was well groomed and there was a church next to the b&b with a bell which went off every hour. Not a sound could be heard besides the church bells. Our room was very spacious with a queen size bed. The bed was a little bit stiff and the pillow was a bit flat for me since I'm used to my Tempurpedic mattress and pillow back home. The room also came with a heater in case it got too cold. The bathroom was spacious as well, came with plenty of towels for two people, bar soap, soft toilet paper, and a towel warmer (which gave me the idea to install one back home; what a great idea). The bathtub is very elevated and since I'm six months pregnant and 5'1, I needed the help of my husband to get in and out for safety reasons. The water pressure was great and the water got very hot.
We were quite hungry and asked Jerome where we could grab some lunch. He offered to give us a ride to a restaurant called Auberge le Pomme d'Or. Since he had errands to run, he showed us the way to go back on foot which was roughly a 20 minute one mile walk.
When we arrived back at the b&b after lunch, we decided to use our laptop and iPad since the b&b provided wifi. This is probably my only complaint--the wifi service was a bit temperamental. It kept going on and off and we had to keep turning the wifi on our devices on and off in order for the b&b's wifi to be reconnected to our devices. As more guests arrived after 7pm and perhaps used the wifi as well (this is only an assumption), the slower the wifi got. It got to the point where I couldn't even open a web page and if it did, it was at a snail's pace.
Around 6pm, Jerome knocked on our door and asked if we cared to join him for an aperitif next to the fireplace. We accepted. He brought us two glasses of wine along with some crackers and added some more wood to the fireplace. We loved the smell of the burning wood. We all sat down and spoke about ourselves while listening to relaxing music. Jerome dismissed himself after about half an hour and let us be alone to relax near the fireplace. It was so great. We felt so warm and cozy.
The following morning, we were ready by 7am since our taxi would be there at 7:30am to take us to the airport. When we came down, breakfast was ready for all guests. Jerome must have gotten up very early in order to prepare the continental breakfast meal for everyone. Everyone had a glass for orange juice, a cup for coffee or tea (which was brewed and ready to drink), and two toasted bread rolls on their plate. There was a vast selection of jams and honey across the table. The table behind us had a spread of yogurt, butter, more bread, cereal, milk, coffee and tea. It was a lot more than I expected.
Overall, our stay was fantastic. It really took me by surprise because we had such a terrible experience in Paris with hospitality. Like I said before, Jerome was the complete opposite. If we are ever in France again, I would stay here in a heartbeat. I loved how quiet and peaceful our experience was.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are great!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leslie S
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Place is real french farm atmosphere.There are only 10 rooms in refurnished ,modern style farm barn.You are left mostly on your own,like apartment style residence with others to share the living room.Our host was a young boy who handed our keys and our stay was prepaid through booking.com One disadvantage was its so hard to find,with our GPS,we had missed the turn off the airport 3 times. And since it was a sunday,food was hard to find,we had to drive over 3 km.to find the restaurant and further to refill our car with gas. Price was very good at Paris standards.Rooms at airport hotels are quite more expensive.

Room Tip: If possible,get room on ground floor if you got luggages.It difficult to carry them up the stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelbugX50
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We had misgivings that we would be able to find the place and then get our car to the airport on time in the morning before our flight. We did have a bit of trouble finding the place initially...if you have GPS, it would be easier. You have to take the directions that are on the site and work from the airport...then it's pretty easy! It is close to another small village which has a number of hotels...like Comfort Inn...there is only one road so it's easy to find and well marked once you get in the small village. Getting to the airport was a snap...took us 10 minutes from door to drop off point for the car (which is a bit trickier to get to than the hotel). All in all a perfect situation .. well appointed and comfortable...had all we needed. We will definitely use it again for our next trip. I hate to recommend it as we may not have a room available if everyone hears about it!!

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NCTraveller59
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Other reviewers have said very nicely what needed to be said about this truly lovely restored farmhouse with comfortable stylish rooms, huge bathrooms, comfortable beds, and the absolutely wonderful and large estate/garden with century old trees around the property, where our 2 daughters ran around in joy after 3 hours on the train.

We go to France every summer and sleeping at/near the airport is always the low point in our trip, like a wasted night in concrete and huggliness. Now that we have found "Les Herbes Folles", this sad state of affairs is over; we truly enjoyed our last night in France! We did not have a car but the owner provided us with a Sushi menu of a place that delivered to the property (there is no restaurant nearby) and we had a delicious meal sitting outside in the garden in the warm summer night. The place is super quiet at night, and the owner had contacted us in advance and arranged transportation to the airport for us for 15 euros (much cheaper than the 28 euro cab we took to get there.)
Breakfast was ready and on time the next day.
The interior design is so nice in its integration of contemporary style in an ancient building, this is what the French would call a Design Hotel.
What a wonderful find!

Room Tip: We had two rooms and they both were perfectly quiet and had wonderful views.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family