See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 31, 2018

The HOTEL : the staff were friendly. The bed was comfy but the coverlet had stains on it. The towels were lovely but the bathroom smelled. The aircon was good. There were no tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Breakfast was nothing out of the ordinary but the coffee was good.

The RESTAURANT......where to start....We realised too late that pretty much all the food served in the restaurant is pre-prepared and just reheated. We went for the € 17 menu. I ordered chicken in cream & mushroom sauce. It was like shoe leather. I complained and was told (with a gallic shrug) that a replacement would be just the same so I asked for the menu and made another choice only to learn that I would be charged a la carte prices for the replacement meal. I declined and was left watching my husband eat his meal.
He was supposed to get potato with his gammon. This did not arrive with his meal so the waitress was summoned and off she went to return with the smallest dish possible with ONE potato in it! ONE!!
We asked for two glasses of de pression (on tap) beer - usually the cheap and cheerful option. We found out the next morning when we came to pay our bill that it was € 6 a glass (that would work out at about € 12 a pint!!)
So dont buy the beer and only order stuff they cannot pre-cook - salad or possibly pasta

Room tip: Go to another hotel
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank mammabear53
Reviewed September 18, 2017

Decent hotel in Orchies. Very friendly staff. Rooms are clean an nice. Only close to the freeway for the noise. Very good restaurant for dinner. Breakfast is a little bit minimal but everything is there. Not possible for egg to eat. Wifi is not too best. Free parking space.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for base to watch euro's.
Good value, clean room.
Breakfast expensive 9 euro for what s on offer....
Although near busy road no noise issues.
Reception helpful and friendly...
Bathroom could be updated, slightly tatty.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2014

The hotel is easy to reach from the motorway, which is easy to notice opening the rooms window, and got enough parking places as well as a typical french restaurant. Overall service is friendly and reactive. Rooms are on french average level and clean. Wifi connection is available but did not working great. Breakfast is served as buffet with a typical french selection of bread, croissant, as well fruit salad, müsli and yogurt. A safe card for a short business stay.

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2013

To be fair, my friend who I was travelling with had stayed here before and strongly recommended it. We arrived early evening and Phillipe welcomed us, arranged for safe storage of the bike in their garage. Room is very clean, well equipped and very quiet, suprisingly as the motorway is behind it. Food in the nice restaurant was very good ( try the ham shank it's superb) and breakfast excellent. I could see why my friend wanted to return as a last stop before home, cheers Phillipe.

Date of stay: June 2013