“I love le Jura!!”

Chalet Regain
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Les Rousses
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: innovative AND traditional Jura cuisine at reasonable prices in a rustic setting
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Vin jaune,Compte cheese,tartiflette,morilles,chicken....that's the Jura for you..what a nice and cozy resto..i was invited by one of my suppliers that lives in Les Rousses so he knew that this place would please his customers from Quebec,food and service was a cut above the other restos in the area.Who ever said that french waiters were mean and did not give a hoot about pleasing customers should go here.
Vive la France!!

There are newer reviews for Chalet Regain

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We chose this restaurant as it looked great from the outside, a traditional Jurassien chalet with a modern makeover. However things only went downhill from here. We were a table of four on hot lunchtime, the restaurant was fairly busy.
Two of our group ordered the trout burger, but after over fifteen minutes of waiting he came back to say they had none left and we had to order something else, ok to sell out but why take so long to let us know? The food eventually came, I had trout en papillote which was bland and served with just a small pot of rice, no vegetables or salad for 20 euros - terrible value. Another in our group had a burger, this was 18 euros and came served with two lettuce leaves and chips in a stupid cylinder, the tomato sauce was a horrible, runny, cheap vinegary affair. Another had warm goats cheese salad, she asked for no bacon but it came with bacon, salad was basic just lettuce
leaves with not enough dressing.
No body came over to check if the food was ok or to see if we wanted more drinks. I called the waiter over to complain about the poor quality of food and in attentive service but he was disinterested and just asked if we wanted dessert! We asked for he bill, which was wrong - tried to overcharge us on drinks. We won't be going back.

1  Thank GSP_11
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Easy to find in the village center. There is a choice of very nice locals meals. You'll be advice to mke a reservation in time.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

During our recent stay in Geneva, we met up with some friends and as we fancied some traditional 'Alpine' cuisine, decided to take a 40km drive up a snowy mountain to give Chalet Regain a try. All I can say is that I'm glad we did as it was a most pleasant and memorable expeience.
Arriving around 9 for our reservation, the restaurant was about half full and our enthusiastic waiter soon had us seated in a warm corner at a spacious table. Watching the snow falling outside the window, we listened to his recommendation of wines, and his excellent description of the dishes on the menu. Drinks arrived quickly as did a basket of crusty bread and within 15 minutes, our mains had arrived. I had the tartiflette which was generous in size and superb in quality, whilst the others shared a delicious fondue and an amazingly tender dish of pork with gravy and mashed potato. All good heartwarming food, simple but Very tasty. Despite the generous portions, we left nothing and enjoyed tasting each other's choices. Having scraped the last bits of cheese from the fondue pan, we just about had room for a heavenly creme brulee, carefully ignited by our waiter at the table and served with a fluffy, pink marshmallow.
The bottle of wine was soon finished (just water for me as I was driving) and I ended the meal with a perfect double espresso to keep me alert for the winding drive back to Geneva. Everything was served faultlessly and even the espresso cups were quite a talking point as they were little ceramic copies of a crumpled plastic vending cup!

The bill was just over €120 for the four of us which compared to Geneva city centre prices was a real bargain as it included a decent bottle of wine. Our waiter was superb and obviously enjoyed his work as his enthusiasm and pleasure in ensuring we had a great evening was evident from the moment we walked in.
All in all, we really couldn't fault it and it was quite hard for us to leave and head back into -4 Degree snow to head back.

Only the toilet is a little unusual, but I won't spoil the surprise. I'll certainly be going back for another meal when we next visit our friends in the area.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Good mix of warm and cozy with modern and hip. The food unfortunately doesn't live up to the presentation. Burgers are overpriced and overcooked with boring fries. If you go, stick with the fondue. It's good and about the same price as other restaurants in Les Rousses.