“Beware--No A/C”

Rundle Cabins
HASTINGS
“Beware--No A/C”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Arrived tired and was surprised to see that there was no air-conditioning. This wasn't noted on the material I looked at before booking. It is supposed to be 29 C tomorrow (84 F) and for the rest of the week. When I asked for a fan, I was told they didn't have any. I also asked that a screen be placed in the bedroom window as you can't open any of the windows either (without risking being bitten by mosquitos)--which the desk clerk said maintenance might be able to do tomorrow. Unfortunately, I booked on-line and can't get a refund. Bummer.
Also, there is a microwave with a cord dangling in the kitchen. There's no place to plug it in except on the stove (which means picking up the microwave and moving it across the room). The clerk looked surprised when I asked where you were supposed to plug in the microwave!

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank MARY H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This was a lovely little cabin. The 70's décor was charming; this is not a 5 star accommodation but is absolute luxury compared to camping, and I certainly could not beat the price for the amenities anywhere in the vicinity for a one night stay during a long weekend. Perfectly functional kitchenette. Linens were all clean. Yes, the bathroom is tiny and reminded me a little of being on a cruise ship. Be prepared to live a little rustic and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank S_O_Drinnan
Woodbridge, Canada
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The cabins are too small not designed for tall people. The shower room don't have enough room for an adult. The bathroom sink had a small leak and in the morning i couldn't get hot shower. I find the bed to be too small for a couple, It didn't look like a queen size bed at all. Other than that the customer service was great and the scenery was dazzling. For couples it offers privacy, but not enough room to be romantic.

Room Tip: All the rooms look different ask for a room tour first before thy decide for you.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FedGates

Travelers are raving about these Harvie Heights hotels

Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is unfortunate that I have to write a bad review. My husband and I came for an eight day snowboarding trip and upon arriving our cabin was cute and perfect. They are awesome and all you would need for a romantic time. There are little fireplaces kitchens and bathrooms. Shower is tight for two :( the cabins are great. The problem lies with the customer service. The lady at the front desk is rude and not personable at all she seems put out by having guests and is not a friendly lady of face at all ever. The office is always locked but says open and there is no one there. The first two days were fine but they do not send housekeepers around routinely after that we had no towels toilet paper or sugar for our coffee. It would just make a more pleasant stay to have at least tp and towels there are signs in the bathroom saying to leave dirty towels in the bottom of the shower and they will be changed out while when we got back they were all still there and not one clean one. And you can't go to the office as no one is ever there so you have to call a cell phone and possibly a girl will come with only two towels it is ridiculous. The management really does not care about the quality or enjoyment of your stay you are only a number with dollar bills !!!!! I

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Balledthefukout
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This place was the worst place we ever stayed in. It was so filthy and discusting I couldn't beleive it. The screens were stapled to the walls and they had huge holes in them so the place filled up with mosquitos. The floor was crawling with ants so we didn't take off our shoes for the whole stay. The TV didn't work and to make matters worse food was stolen from our fridge. our bags were also rumaged through.Our beds were never made and the sheets stunk like mold. We repeatedly voiced our concerns to the staff, and we were told that Don the owner would be contacting us. We were never given his contact information, and to this day that slime bucket has never contacted us. I booked this place online, as I have many times in past, and I have been always fortunate with my bookings until this one. Online it looks like a cozy getaway but in reality it a place out of hell. I wouldn't recomend this place to my worst enemy. Don't stay here. It's a DUMP!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Anaikeus A
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2013

These small rustic cabins make for a perfect getaway! Conveniently located between Banff and Canmore, these cabins are close to many restaurants, bars, souvenir shops etc. The Cabin we stayed in was absolutely amazing. Nicely decorated, clean and fully loaded with everything we needed. Staff was very friendly. I would recommend Rundle Ridge Chalets to anyone!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I booked this place and sometime after came across some very negative reviews of the place. I was tempted to cancel but it was too late based on their policy. Decided to go ahead and give it a try anyway but we were all a bit worried. We were very pleasantly surprised though, upon entering our cabin. Yes, rustic (feels old). Yes, small. But cute and it had everything you need for your stay! Kitchen was fully equipped to our basic needs, bed was comfy. Bathroom was quite small and felt claustrophobic almost, but that's just the design of the cabin! We came with family from Poland and they absolutely loved the cozy little cabin. They felt it was a nice Canadian experience as opposed to regular hotel rooms. Our cabin faced the hwy but in the evening, once the windows are closed, you can hardly hear anything. I'd definitely recommend this place unless you are picky about absolutely everything when you stay in hotels and are expecting luxury. For the price, we were all pretty happy with our stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
#1 of 4 in Harvie Heights
Park Gate Chalets
Park Gate Chalets
#2 of 4 in Harvie Heights

Been to Rundle Cabins? Share your experiences!