“nice place to relax close to park”
Review of Rundle Cabins

Rundle Cabins
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Two friends and I decided to away from home and enjoy a nice weekend away from home relaxing and girl time. We found the staff polite and helpful. Cabins were basic, nothing fancy but they are after all cabins. It was very clean and had all the things we needed as far as dishes, bedding, bathroom supplies etc. We had a three bedroom. The bedrooms were small, but the beds were very comfortable . The living room had comfy overstuffed leather furniture and a fireplace which we enjoyed in the evening. Was a highlight after a day of sightseeing and shopping in the park.
We checked in October, weather was cool and rainy snowlike. Our cabin was quite cold on arrival but there was an electric heater and in short order it was comfy in there. The fireplace made it even better. We found it location wise to be great to get to the park and to Canmore. About the only thing I didn't like was the parking was one lane, when we came in later in the evening, we had to walk from the edge to the middle of the site to get to our cabin. (not that far) As the road around is one lane I think the way they have it is the only solution and the short walk certainly didn't hurt us.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We booked a cabin and our credit card was charged in Feb. for a stay this month. At the beginning of August my husband became very ill and wound up in the hospital and unable to travel indefinitely. 6 weeks before our intended stay I called to explain why we had to cancel our reservation. I explained how sick my husband is and asked for at least a partial refund. I have tried contacting an owner or manager to no avail. I was offered a rain check that I may not ever be able to use. I am astounded by the heartless and callous behavior of these people.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Pokethebear
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed in Cabin 29 for the 2 nights and I gotta tell ya some of you people had me real scared with all your negative comments. So scared that before I had even booked the cabin I had called Rundle Cabins to ask them to explain why or how they are getting such negative comments. The woman was very accommodating to all my questions and concerns. I found her to be very professional and showed great patience with me. She explained which cabins were available and I choose #29. And then I just trusted my gut and figured it would all be fine… which I admit was a bit hard looking at the many bad reviews.

It was my Dog’s B-day and He likes to celebrate it chasing Chipmunks and Squirrels. ((Yup.. crazy dog people)) We have always rented a cabin up at Johnston Canyon until now. It was better than FINE.. it was just GREAT. I got NOTHING bad to say about this place. Okay, sure my Dog might say it could have used more bunnies running around.. but that is it.

Our cabin was clean. Bed Comfy. Couch Comfy. TV stations came in clear. Hot water and pressure fine. Microwave, kettle and everything else worked just fine. Lots of windows (with screens) to open. Didn’t get a chance to use fireplace.. but turned on heat one morning and it worked fabulous. Shampoo smelt great and towels nice and white. I think the cabin was roomy and met my complete expectations. There was a BQ right by our cabin.. and we also used the one up at the front of the resort. Both worked fine. Both Clean. Carpets a bit old.. and that is fine.. it’s a Cabin.. not a room at the Ritz. We also enjoyed sitting in the chairs upfront just watching Mountains. .. and traffic (( remember this place is right off the Hwy.. not some secluded place tucked deep in the forest)) The sounds of the road was never an issue. Sitting around the communal fire pits was also really enjoyable. We spent a great deal of time just relaxing on the grounds. Picnic table at every cabin. We brought a couple of lawn chairs with us to be more comfy. Parking is in front of your cabin.. along one side of the road.

There is a library of books, and a bunch of DVD ((DVD players)) that you can borrow… and a few drinks and essentials available in the front office. Including dry Dog Food and Cat Food.

The resort is VERY dog friendly and my dog enjoyed himself tormenting the small woodland creatures in the trees. The resort is well lit at night which was very handy for those late night dog walks.

I spoke to many people staying there and discovered many of them have stayed there multiple times.. and everyone we spoke to was having or has always had a Positive experience. If the idea of staying in a RUSTIC cabin in a Mountain setting close to a town and all the amenities that brings then this place is GREAT!!!! But if you think chalet = luxury at bottom dollar you will not be happy.

We left happy. My Dog left happy. Our friends who also rented cabin left happy.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ImFrmCanada
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

This was a great little cabin, they provide organic tea and everything you need to cook, also BBQ outside cabins if you want to grill, fridge, stove, kettle and coffee pot. Bathroom was a bit snug but worked. Location is across from the banff trail, we just crossed the highway and biked a leisurely 2 hr bike ride to banff for lunch and then biked back, it's easy and kids can do it with a few stops along the way. Canmore is about a 5 min drive or you can bike on the trail outside of the hotel. All in all a great place, we didn't really expect too much after reading reviews but were surprised by how clean and well equipped the cabin was, we stayed in #9 and couldn't be happier, we will stay here again next summer.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 14, 2013

what a dump... for the price, it is a rip off... never advice anyone to go there. Only one stove worked.. no microwave...no scrubbers, they expect you to clean up before you leave!! Their pots/pans (only 2), only 2 cups, saucers... all not clean... yes, I sh. have slept in my car

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bharati K
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I am currently staying in a cabin at Rundle Ridge Chalets and am having a great time! We arrived here earlier today and the staff has been very accommodating and pleasant. The rooms are nice, clean and have everything you need! There are bbqs & firepits u can use. It really makes you feel like youre in the wilderness. At first I was a little worried as I had previously read the reviews and heard what other people had to say. I'm extremely happy that I chose to ignore them and experience it for myself. The only advice I have for people is that if u want a 5 star hotel....then go to one!! Don't stay at a great priced cabin & complain and write awful reviews. You get what you pay for, and at Rundle Ridge Chalets you get MORE than u pay for.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Lbridson
Reviewed August 31, 2013

There's "rustic" as a design choice, and there's "rustic" as in derelict. This place advertises itself as the former, but is actually the latter. I wish the ownership spent as much on upkeep of the cabins as they must do on their beautiful but misleading website. We booked ahead and paid ahead for 4 nights. The “no cancellation” policy should have been a red flag to us.

We checked in, and could see immediately that our cabin was not habitable. Part of the floor was unfinished, just plywood. There was some strange wire sticking out of the wall; was it part of a thermostat? The furniture was the worst part. I have a picture of a chair so old and dirty it had a black crust on it; you certainly didn’t want to risk sitting on it. I also have a picture of where I wrote in the dirt on the floor. For our vacation we planned on cleaning up and going out to dinner every night. There’s no way you could get clean in this cabin.

So instead of enjoying our first evening in the Banff area, we spent our first evening looking for somewhere else to stay. We left the next day. That’s how bad this place is: we walked away from approximately $600. Don't gamble with your vacation like we did. Find a reputable place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Rundle Mountain Lodge
#18 of 24 in Canmore
8 mi away
HI-Banff Alpine Centre

Been to Rundle Cabins? Share your experiences!