“Horrible Service!!! DO NOT recommend”
Review of Primo Cucina - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Primo Cucina
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My partner and I came here because of a great deal on a Cudo voucher. The picture and description of their 'specialty' meal drew me in - I knew exactly what I was going to get! Imagine my surprise when I was told I couldn't have the meal. No explanation, just sorry that is not part of the deal. So I showed them the voucher which clearly states that it is 100% part of the deal and may they please honour their voucher. Apparently not. The young waitress they sent back and forth at least 6 times just to say sorry I can not get the meal did try her best, but I still thought it was pathetic on the managers part to not try and deal with the situation themselves or in a more appropriate way. By this stage it was not just about the meal but about the principle of it and lack of customer service. So Primo Cucina Hillary's take some notes on Customer Service - you should have apologised and explained why you couldn't serve the meal (new management/chef/menu etc), said that you would get the website or at least the voucher rectified to reflect what is actually on your menu, and offered some kind of compensation. Maybe a free drink each instead of the $5 each they were with the deal? Only something small but we would have accepted and stayed to enjoy a different meal if there was some kind of explanation and decent service. Instead we got a refund and walked out and are not planning on returning. I understand management and menu's etc change, but these situations can be dealt in a much better manner than what it was. Why be in the customer service industry if you cant even practice good customer service???

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I ate here with my family a few weeks back and we left feeling beyond disappointed. We have been going to this restaurant for a while and it was clear that the lovely Italian family who used to greet us must have sold it to somebody who doesn't have a clue how to run a restaurant!!
When we arrived (to a completely empty restaurant) it took over half an hour to get some drinks, our starter took an hour (as did my child's food) then there was a really long wait for our main (which we thought they must have forgotten about). I have worked in this industry and it was clear that there was nobody managing the highly inexperienced waiting staff.
When the main did finally arrive I was appalled at what they had done to my poor barramundi! It was coated in white pepper and had three fried tempura prawns on sticks coming out of it. It was mostly inedible. Normally I would have complained but we were running over half an hour late at this point to meet our friends afterwards. Therefore I just ate some of my daughters left overs. When the waitress asked me what was wrong with my main course, I politely explained that it was over seasoned. She took my food away without so much as an apology!

Then I went to pay and the lady (who I assumed to be the owner)she barked at me and told me I had to wait as she was serving a take away. She presented me with the bill where they had charged us for three times the drinks we had had (so each time we had asked for them they had charged us!) she said she would 'check' with our waitress which I found very insulting.. Then due to a few language barriers the waitress was trying to explain that I was right but the owner didn't seem to get it ! She also asked me if everything was ok with my food to which I explained why it hadn't. She replied well next time perhaps we can try to cook it differently for you? I said there won't be a next time.
I live close by this place and it's mostly empty, I'll give it a month tops. It's expensive eating out in Western Australia! The service is sometimes slow but never rude. I imagine all the local clientele will vote with their feet and dine elsewhere in the future!!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

The risotto balls were very bland, the pizza not anything great and the pasta marinara was over cooked with very little seafood in it. Would not come back here gain.

1  Thank Julie H
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My experience here was "OK". The food was nothing to write home about but this is a causal suburban restaurant and it represents value for money. And providing your expectations aren't high you wont be disappointed. The thing I can't get over is how they pitch themselves as traditional Italian cuisine when the name of their restaurant is grammatically poor Italian.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Family meal at the end of a holiday rather spoiled by a wait of over an hour in being served our meals. Food was fine and in fairness we did take up the offer of complimentary deserts. However I would have preferred management to have been more visible (rather than leaving more junior colleagues to face the customers) and admit that there was a problem rather than leave it to customers to deduce this and leave a poor review.