“Amazing seafood platter!!”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I recently ordered the seafood platter at Zeno's. For $100 we weren't expecting much - but we were wrong!! There was so much delicious fresh and fried seafood that we struggled to finish the meal. The mussels were a stand out!! Having eaten many seafood platters in Perth and Cairns - this was hands down the best we have ever eaten. We will be back soon.

We recommend you sit outside and enjoy the view to avoid the 'cafe' feel.

1  Thank Piper2012

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We have dined at this restaurant numerous times, living across the road from the marina. Today my child got food poisoning from a serve of calamari and when I informed the waitress she was more interested in seating customers than assisting my daughter who was vomiting outside the restaurant. The manager was great and gave her a glass of water. I am disappointed at the lack of interest in the welfare or my daughter who obviously was sick from the meal she ate and more about getting customers in to the restaurant.

1  Thank LarryBird22
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have dined at Zeno's several times but they are quite expensive for what is basically a cafe compared with more restaurant-style venues at Hillarys Boat Harbour.

Last time we found the young wait staff very inexperienced and annoying and they obviously needed some serious training. I had asked for some chilli in the Spaghetti Marinara I ordered and it wasn't added as requested. I asked the wait person for a side of chilli and he came back with some light coloured sauce for me to add to my food, which definitely wasn't chilli. This has put us off visiting here again, at least for a while, as the meal was not cheap.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Congratulations to Zenos on one of the best meals we've had at a restaurant. We booked a meal deal through an internet company for a seafood platter & bottle of wine and on arrival, prior to sitting down we were asked how we wanted our fish & red or white wine. Within 2 minutes of sitting, the wine was at the table & then within another 5 minutes, a massive seafood platter arrived, which we struggled to get through, there was that much. What was surprising was that the restaurant was quite full on a Saturday night & there were only 3 waiters that we saw who moved efficiently between tables and everyone seemed to be well looked after.
Next time we're north of the river, we'll be going back here again. Great to see a place that serves great food with excellent service.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Have been in this place at least 10 times while visiting Hillarys Boar harbor for a dinner. Love the beautiful aquarium in the middle, menu and sunset view. There is not only seafood, but good salads, mains and cakes. The yacht harbor view is especially magnificent at the sunset. Reserve your table close to the window or aquarium. Some days it can be quite busy as it is very popular place.