“Twice in one week”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We went to the restaurant on a balmy evening hoping that being by the sea would cool us a little.We hadn't made a booking but they found us a table anyway.The menu selection was great and I ordered the salmon and was also asked whether I wanted it rare, medium rare or cooked. A nice touch for some one familiar with salmon.Wendy my partner ordered the Barramundi and we shared a garden salad....It was in all above our expectation and we vowed to return again,,,,,which we did the following sat mainly because we saw they had a Tapas menu that we were keen to try....Again it was well worth the effort and the Tapas selection and turkish bread along with the house Sangria made it the casual and delightful evening we had hoped for

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I took my two granddaughters (5 and 0) and my wife to the Boulevard for lunch.
The tapas looked nice on the menu but when it arrived it was pretty bad. I have never tasted salt and pepper calamari like than and in fact both my wife and I did not eat all of it. We had two combo tapas meals which cost us $21 each. The tapas was made up of Snapper bites/salt and pepper calamari/garlic prawns. Firstly the Snapper bites were just battered and fried and had zero taste. As mentioned the Calamari was salt and pepper and was weird. About 4 prawns in a very poor tasting garlic gravy. Our granddaughter had the fish and chips which was great and my wife and I ended up eating most of their food. With two(2) beers and two soft drinks this extremely poor meal cost us $100. Other than Hippo Creek at Hillary s most of the eating establishments are over priced and very poor. Hillary's is a great venue but just not for a quality meal unless you are going to Hippo Creek but then expect to pay for the quality.
The Boulevard will not see us again.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Having read all these previous reviews - I can relate to the mediocre level of service and quality of food we experienced at this restaurant last night. We arrived around 6.30 and the restaurant was fairly quiet however the owner looked stressed and not happy to be there. We asked the waitress for a table in the window area and after consulting the grumpy owner she explained that they were reserved however we were welcome to take a couch - of which we did. We ordered a bottle of wine and the $21 deal for 3 tapas. The pepper beef was lovely and tender, the olives and feta was served up in a very small bowl and the calamari was undercooked. We were still hungry so we ordered another trio of Tapas and tried the guacamole dip, Turkish Bread and the pepper beef again. It was fine - but you don't get a lot for $21. As we were leaving there was some altercation between the lady on the cashier and one of the waitresses. The whole ambience of this restaurant is "stressed" and "grumpy". Consequently, no we won't be returning.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

The Boulevard Restaurant located at Sorrento Quay has a good atmosphere but that would have to be the only good thing about the restaurant. I went with my parents on a Friday night and firstly, the service is EXTREMELY poor, after finishing our entrees we waited 15 minutes for our plates to be taken, as well as our mains once completed, staff were relatively friendly but lacked in customer service and efficiency. We were not happy about their service what so ever. The food was just as bad as the service, for my main i had the chicken risotto and it was basically steamed rice with a bland pesto sauce, presentation was average. Given this, their tapas selection was nice, it had some decent dishes.
Given the location of the restaurant, the overall service, experience, quality of food etc should at least be adequate, Boulevard does not deserve to be in such a prime location.
Will NEVER go back their.

1  Thank Kristen B
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have dined here to eat dinner on a couple of occasions and both times I have been rather disappointed. First of all the prices are unreasonable as you are paying for average quality food so I cannot see where you are getting your money's worth. The second time I dined there I ordered a risotto and it was extremely salty. I am by no means a fussy person when it comes to food so I got a friend to try some and even she had to spit out her mouthful of risotto because it was so salty. The atmosphere is nice but unfortunately it cannot make up for the average service and food quality. Needs improvement majorly !