“Refreshing”

Hillarys Harbour Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hillarys
Reviewed November 3, 2012

After being very disappointed with a service nearby, I was pleased to walk into a place that was much friendlier and better presented whilst at the same time being just a little cheeper too. The close location to other facilities was an added bonus.
The fussiest of people might winge about some trivial things but I will be heading back there the next time I need to be in Perth and I have no problems recommending them to everyone else.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Robbie B, Manager at Hillarys Harbour Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Hi

Firstly, thank you for choosing Hillarys Harbour Resort as your accommodation provider for your stay in Perth recently, we value your business. Hillarys Harbour Resort always strives very hard daily to produce the best possible service and standard as our number one priority is to ensure all guest's enjoy their stay and are comfortable.

As you mention having the Sorrento Quay at our doorstep is just one of the conveniences whilst staying with us.

Again we value your time to provide us your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 28, 2012

This resort was nice and clean and had good facilities. Only problem was we only stayed for one night. It is a very touristy area, full of gift shops etc.. It has a array of dinning opportunities to fit any budget

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ssshelley
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We booked the 'resort' as we were attending a wedding where the reception was at the Breakwater closeby. We decided as we were only staying a week, we would 'splash out' on a 4 1/2 star, AAA resort. I was in tears when I was faced with what we received.

Our view from our 'balcony' was skewed by a hedge which protected us from noisy passersby going past - not that it mattered as we looked straight onto the carpark. We were informed the other accommodation from the website that showed views from marina and pool were private residential apartments. Misrepresentation, surely.

Not only did we not receive the fixtures and furnished shown on the website, they were outdated and utterly filthy. Sticky marks on the sofa, marks on the carpet and layers of dust everywhere. The shower head was broken and rusted, handles were loose with peeling paint everywhere. The roof tiles were loose and the vent in the kitchen was blocked with dirt and dust.

The curtains had dirty marks all over them and were so old, they were stained yellow. As were the plastic bathroom taps. The cutlery was stained and old with bits of dried food stuck on them.

The staff were very quick to act, however, and immediately replaced the cutlery and shower head. They also washed the walls and disinfected everything. A little too much as we could then no longer use the kettle as the cleaning agent they used tainted the water!

We could have gone somewhere far cheaper and had a much better experience. The staff were pleasant but does not compensate for the poor quality motel.

We went to the very small pool on the last day which is not heated! It was freezing cold! The jacuzzi is small and as a result, could not use it at all during our stay as other guests were using.

I understand that if a resort does not change anything, they can keep the stars they have been rewarded and this can be the only explanation as to why everything is so dated. Otherwise I would be struggling to make this 2 Star.

I tried to upload photos here but the site is not allowing me.
The resort put a black mark for what was our first experience in Australia. The website does not represent what we received and would not recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: I believe that all one bed apartments are on the ground floor so if you don't want to look at a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scotslass20
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Clean rooms,great location and top service.
Had a quiet room with a decent view of the marina and ocean.
We would definatly stay again in the future.
We checked in without fuss and they had secure parking with cctv monitoring of the carpark.
Comfy beds with 2 televisions in the room.
The climate controlled ac worked a treat..

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Hillarys Resort Apartments are beautifully appointed, with all the facilities of a private flat, and the nearby restaurants (of quality) were a bonus. my wife and I stayed for 1 night only -- but will return again for a longer relaxing stay. Highly recommended

Room Tip: Two & three bed apartments are great value for staying with friends at only $100 & $200 more...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Stayed at Hillarys for a couple of nights last year and it was a very agreeable location. The boat harbour has plenty of eating options and is quite pretty, so it was a nice place to spend some downtime after work.

My one bedroom apartment was fine - a comfortable bed, heaps of space, a good kitchen and nice bathroom. I would certainly stay at Hillarys again if doing business in the Joondalup area (it's a little far out if you need to be in the city itself).

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank aimoverseas
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hillarys Harbour Resort for three nights, while visiting various friends in Perth. In the days when I was growing up, this would have definitely been called a "Motel" rather than a "Resort". I was glad that we didn't spend too much time there during the day, as the decor and view of the carpark was drab and uninspiring. I wouldn't choose it as a holiday venue in itself. I agree with other reviewers that the bathroom was old and the shower curtain impractical. However, it did have a good airconditioning unit (as it was cold in Perth) and other basic requirements for a motel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillarys
Ocean View Motel
Joondalup City Hotel
#4 of 4 in Joondalup
Indian Ocean Hotel
#2 of 6 in Scarborough

Been to Hillarys Harbour Resort? Share your experiences!