“All around good review”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I have been to Zing's a few times and I really was happy with the service.

The first time I went a few years ago it was poor service and poor food. I was apprehensive to go back again due to the not only expensive food, but the value for money

When I did go, we had a manager on called James. He not only seated us personally but continued to check up on us. I thought the service and food was exceptional

Going again on a family dinner we had the opportunity to eat a 2 course meal inclusive beverage for under $40. The food was amazing, and the serivce was really good.

Am happy to go back and recommend others. I think people are put off from what it was some time ago, but I know it has changed significantly..

Good job guys

Reviewed January 18, 2014

the restaurant was not busy , yet there was no hurry to serve us , when we did order it arrived fairly quickly , there was no presentation, the food looked as though it was plonked on the plate and like the surly staff was luke warm .
because of the location they will always get customers but if they had to compete in the high street , they would not stay in business for a long time -- a bag of chips and an ice cream would have been far more enjoyable.

1  Thank berniejBillericay
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

The food and service at Zing cafe and resturant is absolutely appalling. Bland, cold, bad quality food and uncaring rude staff.

2  Thank Danielle V
Reviewed January 11, 2014

There aren't many times that I feel compelled to go to the trouble of switching on my computer and navigating to a website just to vent my frustration of an experience but on this occasion I was so totally appalled at the attitude of not just the staff but the management too that I just need everyone to be warned.

It was to be a simple evening with the rest of the family doing their thing I asked my 9 year old son if he fancied going out for dinner with just his Dad. He jumped at the thought and we headed off to Hillarys Boat Harbour as there are a large number of eating establishments to choose from.

After wandering around looking at the various options, we both decided on "Zing" The waitress asked us where we wanted to sit and I asked that if we could have a window seat then inside would be preferable. She walked around the dining area and returned to confirm that whilst there was a window table available it hadn't been cleared from the previous diners. I said that we would be happy to wait for it to be cleared and sat down in the waiting area. After a couple of minutes another couple of diners came into the restaurant and I heard them ask for a window seat too. Their waitress lead them off in the same direction as where my table was being cleared. They were offered an adjacent table which I did not have an issue with until my waitress after placing a "reserved" sign on my table came back to the area where my son and myself had been waiting to obviously take us to our table.

As we walked towards our table the other couple seeing the empty table immediately gestured to their waitress if they could sit there. She immediately removed the "reeserve" sign and beckoned them. I was literally 1 metre away by then., I immediately turned to my waitress looking for her to say something but she just shruigged her shoulders and said, "so sorry".

I pointed out that that was our table and the other waitress totally disinterested, shrugged her shoulders too. I imnmediately went to the front desk clutching the "reserve" sign that had been discarded on a nearby shelf and was met by a very arrogant young man who claimed to be the restaurant manager. I told him what had happened and he basically told me that there was nothing I could do and he wasn't interested in listening to me. When I pointed out that this was not the way to treat customers he asked me to "leave". Which I was delighted to do.

So be warned. If you have a good meal and everything goes fine for you I am quite sure that Zing is as good as any BUT... if there is a problem or things are not going as you would expect then DO NOT expect a sympathetic response. They basically are not interested and there is clearly nobody in authority who is prepared to take responsibility when people complain.

I think for me it hit home when the manager who could easily have apologised and maybe offered us beverage and the chance to look through the menu until another table became available instead told my son and I to leave simply because he didn't like me complaining.

In the end we went to Toscanini's. So, despite Zing's efforts at spoiling our evening, it turned out to be a success. CHEAPER TOO!!!!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Our initial experience here was good. We returned and we were thoroughly disappointed. The menu is nothing special and the service is so SLOW!!!! I will not be returning here.