“Great view, nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mia Cucina

Mia Cucina
Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in Hillarys
Cuisines: Australian, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Serving authentic and classic Italian food, featuring pizza and pasta to suit all tastes.Vibrant, family atmosphere as well as romantic over looking the harbor and boats with amazing sunsets to compliment the experience. Situated on the north side of Hillarys marina,located on the waterline near the public boat launch ramp.
“Great view, nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I had the lamb cutlets (4!) perfectly cooked with potato & salad delicious dressing ($38). My friend's tiger prawn salad was simple but tasty ($32 from memory). We all enjoyed our food. Drinks typically were overpriced ($9 for a glass of wine). It's a same all Perth restaurants feel the need to overcharge on food & drinks.
The view is lovely overlooking the marina & view of boats/yachts.
Service was efficient & friendly.
The only issue we had was the noise level. Early we chatted freely but when the restaurant filled up, the noise was so loud we had trouble hearing each other & didn't stay for coffee or dessert. Not a lot that can be done when a restaurant is full & hard floors don't do anything to absorb sound.
Will return as the food was good & view spectacular.

• Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth WA
“Good food, but very noisy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I visited on a Saturday night with my husband. The food was quite nice: outstanding bruschetta and nice flavours in our pasta dishes, but unfortunately the pasta was a little overcooked.
For us the main problem was the general noise level created by the other diners, which included a number of larger groups. We had a good table along the large glass windows, as much out of the way as possible, but still could not talk to one another comfortably. The place has tiled floors and solid glass surrounds - which must contribute to the 'much noisier than average' experience. I don't think we'll be back.

Perth, Australia
“Good ice cream, poor coffee”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

We had a lovely couple of hours at the Naturaliste Marine Discovery Centre at Hillarys boat harbour, and had promised the kids an ice cream after. The centre has a little cafe on site, but it was closing time. So we wandered over to Mia Cucina- the Italian Cafe for a coffee and ice cream. No cones for the icecream, but bowls were fine with my 2 kids. The icecream was scrumptious, and I and not an icecream person really. $3 for a scoop, not bad.

My mum and I had ordered a skinny latte. We like our coffee to taste actually of coffee, not hot liquid which can almost be characterized as a coffee. So, off I go, and said that the coffee is really weak, would he mind if we had another shot. Which he did, making the coffee ok.

Time to pay - that will be $22 please. Pardon? They were only single scoops of icecream, I said, assuming a mistake with the number of scoops charged. Agreed by the cashier. I said how much were the coffees then? $9 for the two lattes, ok, but wait for it- $7 for the espressos - the extra shot each helping to distinguish the hot liquid as a coffee. I have got extra shots in other cafes where the coffee was insipid. And in these cafes they agreed that the coffees were too weak.

The coffees only came with one sugar. I was going to ask for another, but thought I can do without, need to cut down on the sugar. I am left wondering- would I have been charged for the extra sugar though..........

The restaurant was hot, but better once the fans were on. The ambience was ok, nothing special. Much better over in the main part of Hillary's boat harbour.

So.....good icecream, poor coffee.

Visited January 2013
UK
“Better food for better prices at Spinnakers a few minutes walk away”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have eaten at Mia Cucina a few times in the last 6 months. The portions and service are good but every meal I've had has been greasy and it's seriously over priced. The view is good but Hillarys is not exactly short on restaurants with fantastic views. Spinnakers (just behind Mia Cucina) has much better views as does Zing and the Breakwater (across the bridge).

Mia Cucina would get a better rating from me if they didn't have such high prices, which would seem to indicate they are a high quality restaurant, yet also have an odd little kiosk out front (sometimes, it's hardly ever open but it's still there!) selling water, ice cream and fishing tackle! I think the managmenet just couldn't figure out what they were trying to be.

• Visited November 2012
“Excellent view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Scrumptious food for dinner. Reasonable prices. Fantastic view of the boat harbour. Good place to meet friends for dinner.

View sometimes hampered by the overly bright sun and we had to keep moving to block the sun from our faces and see each other. Food made up for this though. Thank you - we will be back!

• Visited December 2012