“Where's the flair?”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Went here as a group of four, atmosphere was good it was warm, with an inviting seating area on the balcony, has a good wine list, the food is nice but the plating up left a lot to be desired, it looked like the food was put on the plate by someone trying hard to make it look like it was plated up in a top class restaurant, you may think that doesn't mean much and I'm being pedantic, but the price of the food is comparable to a top class restaurant, so if you are going to charge top dollars, you have to make sure that it is a top meal. If you have that sort of money to spend on a meal I recommend finding a restaurant that will give a better all round dinning experience.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Way, way over priced. They must think that all diners are idiots.
This is not fine dining by any means, maybe cafe would be a better description at the very best. The menu prices are outrageous. Pizza's are $32.00 AND they use ready made commercial bases, and if they're not commercially made, they need to have a serious look at themselves. I have had way better else where for half the price.
I was too embarrassed to complain and walk out. The best way is to just avoid this place unless you have money to burn.
Once bitten.........

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Attended saturday night as a table of 4. Amazed how busy the place was. Thought we were on a winner here. If its busy, it's gotta be good!

We can't complain about the taste of the food, however the prices are way over the top. After ordering a bottle of wine, a cider and a soft drink, we explored the food menu. We were surprised at the cost of everything.

Decided that we won't bother with entrees, our wallets were already feeling the pinch.

Garlic bread was the way to go. You can only get 3 or 6 pieces in a serve, so went the larger option so we all got a piece. $12 down.

The ladies then ordered the chicken supreme. A chicken breast stuffed with cheeses and sun dried tomato Served on mash potatoes with a small serving of spinach and cranberry sauce and a few sweet potato chips. $44. Both said their meals were nice but neither were full or satisfied that the price reflected the dish.

Myself and the other gent ordered the pastas. Thinking for $34 & $35 each, we be devouring a huge serve.

Disappointment arose when my chicken tortellini arrived. Described as marinated chicken pieces, pan fried with onion, sun dried tomato, cream, garlic and fresh basil. It think it was all in there. I only recall one piece of chicken that was the size of a dice and the smallest pieces of the sundrieds were few and far between. What would have been a good sized entree, was a long way off being value for money at $34 for a main course.

My friend's carbonara was pretty much the same sort of thing.

Meals we didn't order but shocked us with the prices.
Fish & chips: $37
Chicken parmigiana: $39
Scotch fillet steak: $48
Side serve of carrots: $10
Kids meals: $19

After settling our bill of $211 (only ordered the above) we were given a voucher for $30 off our next dinner. Everybody gets one to entice you back.

The Sunday staff at this joint must be very very well paid!! There is a notation on the menu that the place charges $5 per person surcharge on a Sunday to pay their staff the applicable higher wage they are entitled to. For a place that would seat well over a few hundred people for lunch then dinner, this is just another unwarranted grab at ones hard earned cash.

In summary, the prices are way over the top for a place where the food tastes good but the sizes aren't reflected in their cost, the service is ok and you're eating in a cafe style environment. For that sort of money, I'd expect a table cloth and someone to be topping up my wine, not doing it myself.

1  Thank WhenIDo
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We dined here mid week with a group of 6 and the first thing I noticed was the price. $28 for an entree of bruschetta is. Bit rich for some bread with tomatoes and herbs... Wood fired pizzas are $32 each... Are they laced in gold for that price??

Food was good but not enough for that price. Avoid If you want to save some money!!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Dont ever go here poor service. Terrible food that is all i have to say it is that bad. And I have given this an alright review before the first time I went the second time was disgusting so disappointing especially when you are paying disgustedly high price for what you get!