“Nice food but pricey”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Nice food but pricey”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Took an overseas visitor on Friday night for a nice meal. Creamy garlic prawns and king prawn bruschetta for entree which were both nice. Pasta Cabonara and scotch fillet steak with garlic prawns for main. The steak was supposed to be medium but it was more medium to well done and it was a pretty average piece of steak. Staff were prompt, friendly and the meal was served quite quickly. Whilst it was a pleasant experience and a nice meal, the prices were a bit on the steep side.

West Aust
“Expensive”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This place is far too expensive for what it is.
It is a lovely spot and always has a great atmosphere and lovely views but seriously over priced in my opinion.
I used to come all the time when it had different owners (?) and was called Portofino's - then, it was good value for money. Now it's just not.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank jenwayh
Perth, Australia
“I had never been robbed until I went to Bella Fonte”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Nice location but prices were ridiculous, a vegetarian pizza for $32, if Domino's had turned up with what I got and charged me any more than $5, I would have sent it back!!!

In my 47 years, I have never complained about a meal at a restaurant, and I have had some pretty poor meals over the years, but this was simply terrible.

Some prices for you
Kids Pizza sub $19
Fish and chips $37
Chicken Parmigiana $39

Will never go there again, yes it's a tourist destination, but that doesn't mean you have a licence to rip people off, ultimately, it will suffer, because repeat customers are going to be pretty rare!

• Visited December 2012
Perth, Australia
“Bella Fonte- Marina views,good food,good service”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We have been twice to Bella Fonte now and both times the experience was enjoyable. First time we were by ourselves, next time with friends, both times everybody liked it. Bella Fonte is pricey, no doubt about that, but the service was excellent ,very attentive and friendly. Food was good, although the second time ,when we had the same meal, it was differently cooked. We liked the wine list too. Nice Christmas decorations and the Marina view is great, we will be back for special occasions.

• Visited December 2012
“very expensive”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

had diner here last saturday night.thought it was very overpriced. ordered garlic bread,was average. then ordered seafood parcels was around $44 not that amazing, husband had parmigani.very average and over priced.dont expected to get wine for under $40. very expensive and over priced.service was ok. would not return as our bill was $140 for two. would rather spend my money elsewhere.

Visited November 2012