KI Wilderness Retreat is the perfect base from which to explore the remote western end of the island although pretty expensive for what you get. Courtyard suites are generous in size and have a small deck overlooking a courtyard with native vegetation and if you're lucky, wildlife. The rooms themselves are quite dark and the furnishings are tired. Staff are friendly and helpful although very busy. The restaurant is pleasant and food good but not great.
If you want to stay at the West End for more than just a couple of night a self catering option like Hanson Bay Beach Cabins or the Lighthouse cottages would be a good alternative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated adjacent Flinders Chase National Park a unique mix of eco-friendly facilities, local food and wine and located in the middle of the forrest provide an unforgettable wilderness experience. The idyllic location provides the perfect base for discovering the splendor of Kangaroo Island's natural wonders before returning to the tranquillity of the retreat to enjoy comfortable accommodation in the company of friendly native animals and an amazing array of birdlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Kangaroo Island Wilderness Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kangaroo Island Wilderness Retreat Hotel Flinders Chase
- Hotel Kangaroo Island
- Wilderness Retreat Kangaroo Island
- Kangaroo Island Wilderness Retreat Flinders Chase