All reviewswedding venuesteak nightsunday lunchwedding receptionchristmas party nightwedding breakfastthe main housedance floordaughter's weddingroast beeflovely venuebirthday mealwedding guestslittle toucheslounge areapuddingample parking
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Before my daughter's wedding we booked a meal at the Hotel as a family celebration. The staff were excedingly attentive and the food was of a very high standard. On the wedding day we arrived well before the time allocated for the meal but we were warmly welcomed. We were able to wander around the extensive grounds on a very summery day. My daughter had a hog roast for the meal which was provided by an outside agency. The hotel staff manged the meal very well. The only problem arrived when I came to my part of the wedding and had spent hours on a power point presentation accompanied by music. I had gone in early on the day to sent up my computer with a projector, however the hotel decided to use their own system. The person responsible for the system arrived minutes before the presentation and when it was run there was no sound, I later found out the sound on the hotel's computer had be set to mute. This just took the gloss off the day for me.
We did however book ourselves and our friends in for a Christmas meal the day after the wedding as we liked the hotel and the atmosphere. They took our booking and said they would contact us for a deposit as the had not formally started taking booking. As the months went on my wife became worried as we had no contact from the hotel. She contacted the hotel on a number of ocassions which resulted in them admitting they had lost our booking details, wanting to change the date we had booked and then wanting to put us in a side room on the original night, both of which were declined.
We have gone back to the hotel because we like the food and the staff are very good, but in our case they have made some poor mistakes.

Room Tip: The old part of the hotel with a central meeting area is excellent if you are staying at the hotal as a group and want to withdraw from the main area. The upstairs room used mainly for wedding couples is also a very good suite,
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stewart M
Courtyardhotel54, Owner at The Stanwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

I apologise for any problems with our wireless projector that you experienced. We do have another one that you can connect to manually.
I can't get to the bottom of your Christmas booking either because you must have made enquiries before we had bookings set up for this year and we start this in February so I just don't know what went wrong. We would have been able to fit you in I am sure.
I'm glad everything else was good

Reviewed August 13, 2012

A really good venue for a day to night weddling reception.

Unfortunately the bar, the prices were very erratic, a ribena having gone for 50p to £1.00, Lord knows how we we ripped off with the rest of the drinks????

Breakfast, there were not enough people dealing with the amount of tables, Eggs were ordered and tea or coffee in a rather disorganised shambolic way.... we never got our fried eggs????????? breakfast had been eatin without....

Sort the bar and breakfast and would recommend to others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Courtyardhotel54, Owner at The Stanwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to raise your concerns.

Sorry about confusion over cordials. We don't actually sell Ribena but there are two prices for a dash at 50p or half a pint of cordial. You were probably at an advantage when you were charged 50p!! All our prices are computeriised on the tills and can't be changed.

I suppose that you all arrived for breakfast at the last minute! This usually happens after weddings and is a nightmare for us!!

I think scrambled eggs on the breakfast buffet may be the answer. You are supposed to wait for the eggs to be cooked before you select the other items!

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Dear All @ The Courtyard

Now the dust has settled and we've had chance to catch our breath, we would like to say a sincere thank you to all at the Courtyard for helping to make Kerry and Ian's wedding such a memorable, successful and happy occasion.

If only you knew how many of our guests have said it was the best wedding they have ever been to and how super the reception venue, food and service was.

We would and will unreservedly recommend the Courtyard.

Many many thanks.

Francis & Margaret Beasant

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Courtyardhotel54, Owner at The Stanwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

So glad you enjoyed your special day

Reviewed June 30, 2012

We attended a party here in June 2012, and were all extremely pleased with everything! From the staff, surroundings, food and decoration. The rooms were beautiful and spacious. They accommodated us well as a family with two small children, and quite frankly, the room was a bargain! A wonderful place to stay, definitely recommended!

Room Tip: We didnt see the non-Courtyard rooms, but heard these were nice. However, if you can request one on the sunny courtyard, please do. You won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for two nights in June 2012. The setting is great nice well kept gardens and very peaceful.
In the bedroom there were nice touches bottled water and biscuits.
The restaurant setting is excellent in a conservatory overlooking the gardens; the food was very good and not too dear. The service was excellent and the staff very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Courtyardhotel54, Owner at The Stanwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Thank you for your review. So glad you enjoyed your stay.