“Was Alright .... Until....”
Review of Spinnaker Motel

Spinnaker Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Porirua
Auckland, New Zealand
“Was Alright .... Until....”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Rooms are perfect had no problems until we had family pop in to visit us as we were ready to go to the beach for the day so while getting ready we had 4 kids (inc my 2. 3yrs&1yrs) running around and playing on the little playground they have set up for kids. After the beach i invited my visitors back for dinner knowing (read Conditions) that they had to be gone by 9pm or 10pm (one of those) we just had to let management know or whoever running the place so thought cool we can use the little BBQ area to eat in (next to the Playground). Partner went over to reception to let the guy know and was told NO! and that the guy went on saying the kids are noisy and were not use to this noise around here. Partner came back to tell me and straight away the welcome feeling good feeling went straight out the door i just literally stood there starring out the door thinking 'oh no, what am i gonna do?' say? I didn't want to let my family down as they were on there way back over to us and because we were only stopping in for two days this was the 2nd day. I went over to make a deal and in a calmly manner said ill keep the kids indoor until we finish dinner on top of him saying "will if you don't like it then ill give your money and use can just leave", when he said that i was stunned and nervous and just told him "ummm im not here to argue with you". He then calmed down and said okay as long as i kept them inside..... I went back smiling to my partner who probably had his ears out the window hoping to hear what would happen and we were both happy but at the same time shocked and i still was feeling nervous in my tummy. I knew that my family and i wouldn't be staying there ever again..... I thought what if i had 3, 4? maybe 5 kids? Would the little playground be recommended for them? or would that be too much noise? Or would i have got the NO! too many kids? Who knows. Just should state that too many children is not recommended even though they have a playground area for the kids.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Love My Family W
ManagerSpinnaker, Manager at Spinnaker Motel, responded to this review, October 4, 2015
We are sorry that you a bad experience the last time you stay, but the motel is now under new management and we would welcome you back anytime. We hope that you would give us another go as we enjoy having children here. Sorry for the late response to this, but we have just been going through reviews and have spotted quite a few that have not been replied too. Once again, we would be more than happy to see you back for another stay some time in the future. Pat & Gary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Nelson
Reviewed January 26, 2010

I stay in the Spinnaker Motel in Mana/Plimmerton once a fortnight or sometimes once per month for business and find the managers to be the loveliest and kindest people. Nothing is a bother and they look after me so well I feel spoilt!!
The rooms are extremely clean and tidy, comfortable beds and a central location to the train station and the lovely town of Plimmerton.
I would recommend this motel to anyone and give it a 10 out of 10 all round

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Patsy101NZ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Porirua
The Cambridge Hotel
Amethyst Court Motor Lodge
Marina Motor Lodge
Marina Motor Lodge
#1 of 1 in Mana

Been to Spinnaker Motel? Share your experiences!