“Great fun ~ but be prepared for some sore muscles afterwards !”
Review of Adrenalin Forest

and up
Adrenalin Forest Obstacle Course in Wellington
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Porirua
Reviewed June 20, 2011

This is a great half-day out, more fun than I thought it was going to be, and more challenging as well since I had sore arms, thighs and abs for a couple of days afterward ! I'm not very good with heights so hoped to at least complete level 1 but was rapt to go on and finish level 3. My partner did level 4 too and wants to go back another time to do 5 and 6. Unfortunately the couple we were with piked out during level 1 and had to be 'rescued' ~ apparently the staff do an average of 10 rescues a day !
I've rated Adrenalin Forest as a 4 due to the lack of security for participants' belongings. They are left in the office/shed and the door isn't locked although the staff are often out and about in the Forest with rescues or just observing. When we left we just had to help ourselves to our bags as no-one was handy to get them for us. On reading the reviews for the Christchurch venue, the same applies there too. Not good enough, be warned !
Also, if you have long hair you're required to tie your hair back so if you don't wish to use their (very used) hair ties, make sure you take your own.
Gloves are provided and I'd recommend doubling them up as they're getting quite thin already, even though the Forest has only been open a short time. When you're on the flying foxes you need to use your hand as a brake and I found my fingers getting quite hot with the friction as the glove was so thin.
My final comment is about the temperature ! Being amongst the trees on a cloudy winter's day makes it quite cold while you're waiting for others to take their turn. You do get warmed up when you're being physical (and it IS very physical !) but if it's busy you stop and cool down very quickly. Also, having finished level 3 I then watched my partner do level 4 and it's cold standing around. When we go back, and we definitely will go back for another go, we plan to make it in summer when the weather's warmer and pick a sunny day !
There were several families with younger kids when we were there and the kids absolutely loved it. The old cliche about being a great day out for all the family ! Highly recommended.

1  Thank Kiwibabe
"a lot of fun"
"knew how"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed June 15, 2011

We brought our two young kids here and we all had a blast. The staff were so friendly and helpful and they really encouraged everyone to keep trying as we went through. There attention to health and safety made us really comfortable, especially given we had our children with us.

I would recommend this park to anyone - it was fun but hard and a fantastic way to pass some time.

1  Thank dollar20
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Holy crap I am not one for heights, and Adrenalin Forest is allll about the heights. My wife was keen as but I figured I'd flake at about level 3.

But you know what? I loved it and I got all the way through to the top. There is no question that the last couple of stages were challenging but for me a couple of things really made it work:

1. The staff were fantastic. They were confident, relaxed and knew exactly what they were doing. I felt utterly confident that if it got too much for me, they'd see me safe.

2. The course was solid. Yes it's wires and cables and wood way above the ground, but it was safety-first the whole way, the cables looked like they could hold a truck let alone me.

On top of that everyone there was having a great time, I never felt pressured and the whole atmosphere definitely sank in.

Reviewed June 14, 2011

I've been to Adrenalin Forest both on an 'Extreme Networking' business trip getting local business people to network in all new ways, and also with friends visiting from the UK.
Both times the staff were fantastic, training/briefing very clear, so that we were instantly able to go and tackle the trees.
Great fun and an amazing confidence boost, as well as being social enough that you can chat with others as you make your way round, which is quite unique I think.
I'd recommend Adrenalin Forest to anyone living in, or coming through, Porirua, both as a great place for interactive networking, and as a real kiwi experience for tourists.

Holly Thompson - Porirua Chamber of Commerce.