“Good food, good price, good service”
Review of Topor Bistro

Topor Bistro
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Porirua
Cuisines: European, Polish
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Topor specializes in the finest of Polish cuisine as well as presenting a unique infusion of modern Eastern European dishes. Fully Licensed-Topor also offers a full range of specialty vodkas and the finest beers from Europe. Welcome to New Zealands only Polish restaurant and fondly known by locals as “That Polish Place” Relax and enjoy a fantastic experience-Eastern European style! NA ZDROWIE!!
Reviewed August 2, 2014

My title says at all. Was impressed with the waitress ability to tell us a little about the attributes of the Polish beers on offer. Food was tasty and hot. Service friendly, fast and attentive. Don't forget to bring your card if you have an Entertainment Book.

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Went to Topor as a group of four and had a wonderful evening. Had 3 delicious courses and sampled a couple of dessert vodkas. Overall a top place. Attentive service, generous portion sizes and tastie polish food. U have try it to be delighted. Definitely book because it is popular, even during the week.

1  Thank Dobbo123
Reviewed May 27, 2014

'That Polish Place' is no longer owned bya Polish couple, but now a Kiwi and a Canadian.
The good news is, that after a year of new ownership, the good bits have been retained, and the menu as been expanded, but still with a Polish slant.
We ate there the other night and all good. Topor under Steve has always been a local favorite, but with the new, extended menu it has taken on anew lease of life.
We were worried about the change of ownership, but any fears were unfounded. Topor still ROCKS!
We will be back, soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

My mother and I dined here last night. We had excellent service. The menu offers a variety of dishes. I always order the polish dumplings for the last 5 years I have been coming to this restaurant. These were the best dumplings yet. My mother had the lamb which she said was perfect. Slight disappointed in my dessert of poached pear as there was only a slither of pear served with a large buttery tart. Other than that it was great and I will definitely go back again

1  Thank Cathy M
Reviewed May 14, 2014

A truly exquisite experience. Staff are delightfully helpful and professional.

The ambience- warm, inviting and impressionable.

The real artistry arrives on the plates which are exceptionally good.

New to Polish Cuisine, but not unfamiliar with the Restaurant Industry, having managed many fine dining Restaurants throughout New Zealand, I was pleasantly surprised at the length taken by staff in explaining and recommending traditional polish recipes.

Originally not a fan of 'Borsch' (Classic polish beetroot soup-traditionally served chilled), I was encouraged to re-try a freshly made bowl of heated 'Borsch', which for me allowed me to pick out all the beautiful flavours resulting in this dish, becoming a tradition for me next time I dine.

The wine list is of a calibre to match the food and includes a quality selection of New Zealand wines.

A must do at Topor, is to get Val and Steve to introduce their polish vodkas.....fantastic. Na Zdrowie!!!!!