“Terrible customer service”

Ranked #1 of 3 Porirua B&B and Inns
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Terrible customer service”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

On arrival from a long drive toward Porirua, was Not given a warm welcome!!. Helen (manager/owner) was very rude and was more concerned with her hotel furnishings, than hospitality. She was more concerned about her lamps not being broken, due to past bookings from other people "this is not my concern" & that's why you have insurance. I had to pay for my accommodation with an additional $100 for deposit due to booking with a visa debit card "travellers Beware" these rules are not clear on booking.com. She charged me room $145 + 25 (infant) + $100 (bond). Family bookings Beware, sure this place is Clean and Modern ++, but its not worth Families with children to stay at a Unaccommodating facility!!! Soooo Rude, Helen made me feel small, was not expecting that!!. No air conditioning in room, Tooo hot!

Room Tip: Select a ground floor. Make sure you have air conditioning the room was sooo hot.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Labrina2013
court02, Owner at Amethyst Court Motor Lodge, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
I wonder why you have used this page to express this negative review when you have failed to read the terms and conditions of the Booking.com website. You booked this room on booking.com for two persons only and requested a downstairs suite - I emailed you and stated I could not provide you with one and you would be upstairs. I also advised you that you would be required to pay $100.00 Bond on arrival as you had used a Visa Debit Card (A Visa Debit Card is not a Credit Card) as security - our booking.com site states that you are required to pay a bond for incidentals (normally we ask for $200.00 - but only asked you for $100.00) We showed your husband the terms and conditions on our back office computer and he agreed. When you booked the room you also asked for extra towels - there were already 3 in the room (we suspected there would be extra persons more than the amount booked) You finally admitted that you had an infant and did not like paying the extra person rate of $25.00 which is clearly stated on the website. We had to shuffle guests around to provide you with a downstairs suite (inconvenienced another guest) and provided you with a portacot for the infant. I note that the room was warm - we do have pedestal fans for the guests to use, we would have supplied you with one if asked, I suggest next time you book on any website you are honest in the amount of guests you book and read the terms and conditions - moteliers do not like being deceived or cheated.

Murray & Helen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
South Island, New Zealand
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Not sure where the terrible reviews came from as I found the staff very helpful and upfront. A nicely decorated spacious ground floor with a great bathroom. Would definitely return or recommend to others.

• Stayed November 2013
court02, Owner at Amethyst Court Motor Lodge, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thankyou for your lovely review, we really appreciate you taking the time to review our property.

Lower Hutt, New Zealand
Reviewed October 27, 2013

It is lovely clean lodge I slept many hotels, motels, lodges in many diffrent countries ex USA Europe, Africa I haven't seen like this motor lodge before lovely secure,Everything I saw in that motor lodge was mor than lovely

Room Tip: I haven't been swim pool or fitness centre but Im sure if there is one it should be lovely like...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
court02, Owner at Amethyst Court Motor Lodge, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thankyou for your glowing review - it is very much appreciated. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately we do not have a swimming pool or a fitness on site, however there is City Fitness across the road and also we have the lovely Te Rauparaha Arena Swimming Complex only a short distance away.

Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was initially nervous about booking in to Amethyst, because I had read a few poor reviews.
My experience was fantastic! Even though this motel is 6 years of age everything looks as new.
I have stayed in many Motels/hotels around the world over a number of years and Amethyst is up there with the best of them for...
cleanliness and friendly Service Great shower and little soaps and shampoos etc.

The Hosts had even put my heaters on as I was late getting in on the first night.I stayed in room 805 and it has the sun streaming in on th the little table and chairs to have brekky at in the morning....automatic lights that come on when you go down the hall at night to your room...and Quiet!!!

I will deinitely stay here again when back at Porirua..dont forget to go to Pataka Gallery Complex.....fantastic exhibitions and cafe...

Room Tip: See above re room 805
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
court02, Owner at Amethyst Court Motor Lodge, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thankyou for your glowing review - it is very much appreciated.
We are so glad you enjoyed you stay at our Motor Lodge and look forward to seeing you again next time you are requring accommodation in Porirua.

Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Such a great place to stay have had 3 stays recently - of 1 night 2 nights and then 4 nights- very clean rooms- such friendly moteliers and with a yummy smell of food cooking that made me order breakfast each day and that was the best value for money.
On my first stay I had a hold up and rang to say I would be late in like 11 pm - the man was very accomodating - he had boiled the jug in my room and put the heaters on - was waiting for me to arrive - and helped me with my bags.
Sure dont no how the other review had this trouble - just doesnt seem like these people
Thank you and I will definately be back when on business in Wellington

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
court02, Owner at Amethyst Court Motor Lodge, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thankyou for your lovely review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you choose our Motor Lodge for your accommodation requirements next time you are in Porirua

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

The people who run this place were incredibly rude to the point of hanging up on me when I tried to make a booking after telling me rooms were available. Don't bother contacting this hotel if you want a late arrival or are coming off the ferry. Normal practise for late arrival is to leave room open and take payment before not be rude!

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank rogerssa
court02, Owner at Amethyst Court Motor Lodge, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thankyou for your second review after the 1st one was removed from Trip Advisor because you violated their guidelines. As we have already explained our website states we do not accept guests checking into our complex after 9pm and you were coming off a late ferry and 9 times out of 10 the ferries are always later than the scheduled time of arrival.

We do not have keys for the suites, we have swipe cards and we need to explain the procedure on using them to gain entry. We are not allowed to leave cards out for guests as this would void our insurance cover.

You were not hung up on - you did not get the answer you wanted.

Murray Mears
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed in the spa unit on ground floor. Unit was warm and very comfortable. Lady on reception was very pleasant. Good spaces for car parking. Nice and easy walk to shopping centre which is just accross the road.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floors would get better veiws.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
court02, Owner at Amethyst Court Motor Lodge, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thankyou for your lovely review - it is very much appreciated.

Unfortunately we do not have any Spa Bath Suites on the top floor.

Murray & Helen Mears
Also consider these accommodations in or near Porirua
ASURE 83 By The Sea Petone
#5 of 5 in Lower Hutt
Marina Motor Lodge
Marina Motor Lodge
#1 of 1 in Mana

Been to Amethyst Court Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!